Reviews (1 734)
1 734 results
1 067
1 067
All reviews di mare restaurant private beach cable car bedroom villa the cliff personal concierge private concierge beach bar kids club infinity pool three bedroom beautiful resort indian ocean star resort golf buggy stunning views family holiday
76 - 81 of 1 734 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The villas are beautiful, some are in need of a some TLC to get them back to 100%
This time when we were there the lift to the beach wasn't working so needed to go down the 370 steps to the beach, they did provide a car down and back but its a 15 minute walk from there along very soft and sinky sand and thats as long as the tides out, and also not until 11 and then last car back is 5 or depends on tide. Its a shame as this meant no late evenings in the beach club and was a little disappointing for us, so check its back up and running unless you don't mind the 370 steps down and the same back up (going down was ok it is the back up that is the tough part)
Food & drink is expensive by Bali standards but lots of nice restaurants a short taxi ride away.
The staff, as in all Karma resorts will bend over backwards to help you and are so lovely with it, a real credit to the organisation and believe me sometimes they are really challenged by the guests!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Kandara, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear da149,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and we appreciate your feedback in regard of the access to the beach.
The closest of the hill tram, was an immediate action that we need to take due to the urgently of the high maintenance needed in point of we take seriously the guest safety and convenience during the guest stay. We really apologize for this unexpected inconvenience caused.
We are very happy to hear that you were delighted by the services by our team. Thank you and I truly appreciate your complimentary words with them, I will definitely share your wonderful feedback directly with all the team.
We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had a super time at Karma Kandara resort in Ungasan in a 3 bedroom villa. The villa was clean, airy and with a swimming pool. The resort is however remote and we needed taxis to go anywhere particularly shopping, restaurants and laundry service.

The private Karma Beach was accessible only through in house taxi service which we used twice. On one occasion the driver arrived half an hour late in early evening and we had no means of contacting the resort. Fortunately a street seller assisted us in contacting the resort. The transportation service was only available to 6pm.

It was a pity that the cable car service from the infinity pool was not operational during our 2 week stay which restricted our activities. We did however use the steps to go down to the beach and climb up. Would not recommend this unless you have stamina and fairly fit. Ours was an age group of 50's and 60's.

Compared to other Karma resorts that I have visited, house keeping services did not live up to the same standards experienced elsewhere. We had issues with adequate towels provision as we were a group of 7 people.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the company of monkeys that frequented our villa. True delight. The staff were helpful and smiling.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Kandara, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Haribol,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback after staying with us at Karma Kandara.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the villa and the beach on your recent visit, as guest satisfaction is at the heart of the Karma experience. However, I am disappointed to learn about the less-than-stellar service you encountered on our House Keeping service.
Other than that, we also would like to apologize for the the closest of the hill tram experienced you had which makes your stay not as pleasant as it should be. It was an immediate action that we need to take due to the urgently of the high maintenance needed.
Please be certain that I will promptly share your review with the related department to address the issue in the manner that it deserves.
We also appreciate your complimentary words with the team, which I will definitely share directly with all the staff.
Thank you again for taking your valuable time to share your thoughts with us, and we do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to deliver some good karma in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

There is a nice place but far from kuta, no many restaurant at there. There is no refill water to drink. The swimming pool in front the villa to small and no ladder. When we go there we must go by shutte to the beach so poor..

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Siantyrach3l,

Greetings from Karma Kandara,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and we appreciate your constructive feedback for our future improvement. We all are looking forward to welcoming you back in the resort on your next holiday

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The room was super clean. Arrived around 2.30 PM after a 2 hours trip. After dropping my family (wife and kids) to the lobby I had to park by myself to the street in front of the resort since no valet service was offered. A security staff approached me and very attentive to assist me to park the car. Rere assisted us during check-in process and she has been very professional. Ngurah escorted us to the villa, he is very efficient and helpful.

We went out and back around 10.30 PM. In the gate I was informed that the onsite parking space was full and again I had to park on the street in front of the resort. But this time no one gave direction (different when we arrived). I assumed there fewer team members work in the evening but when I walked inside, I found that there were 2 other security staffs just stand by. They greeted us with their best smiles that I scored as 4 and would be very happy to score 5 if I were helped during parking my car.

The second time I deal with the reception gave me different experience. While we were waiting for the buggy, the situation was “amazing”. No smile at all! One staff was too busy with her nails and another gentleman was too busy with his smart phone and didn’t have time to greet us, in the meantime only us in the lobby. Their attitude made feeling guilty to be there. Honestly I want to rate them 1 (or zero). Then Ngurah came and took us to the villa, thank you! We felt welcomed again after his coming. He is very sincere.

Breakfast was good (we tried the Asian breakfast). Surya attentively assist us during the breakfast. The restaurant has millions dollars view :). Wish we had more time there. The beach was clean and well maintained. We went there before noon. Meet Rere and Agus upon departure and everything was smooth. Ngurah was there again and offered us valet service. Although in general we enjoyed our short escape, but still we need to provide above feedback so that everyone can get good experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Surya E,

Greetings from Karma Kandara,

I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. Allow me to express my sincerest regret and apology for the inconvenient experience you have had. Guest satisfaction is our priority at and I feel disappointed that we have let you down regarding the not consistent service that our team offer during your stay. I have shared these valuable comments with the relate departments to ensure such situations will not repeat in the future.
Do hope this inconvenience did not overshadow on the rest of your stay with us and that you still enjoyed our villas and service.
Other than that, we truly appreciate your complimentary words with the team, especially to Rere, Ngurah, Surya and Agus. I will definitely share your wonderful feedback directly with them.
On behalf of the entire team, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and offer a more memorable experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I was really impressed with the beautiful beaches and the friendly staff, and highly recommended as a honeymoon destination.
Especially the view and kind service of the restaurant were fantastic, and the massage service was the best.
However, it was regrettable that the types of food did not vary a little.
Nevertheless, I came back with good memories.ry.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Kandara, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Ganzzang88,

Greetings from Southern tip of Bali,

Thank you for post this review on Tripadvisor. Through this wonderful review I believe that you have enjoyed our luxury location and experience during your recent stay at the resort. We feel so delighted to read that our esteemed guest sharing a detail description of the resort which is very much appreciated as it will be a valuable information for our future guest to decide their place for honeymoon.
Other than that, we thank you for your constructive feedback in regard of the food variety.Please rest assured that we have shared your valuable feedback to the Director of Food and Beverage.
On behalf of the entire team I very much look forward to your return for a more memorable moments.