“3 days kayaking in Phang Nga bay.”

Paddle Asia - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paddle Asia is a family-owned business specializing in small group self paddle kayaking, jungle survival, mountain biking, and outdoor adventure travel tours to remote and unspoiled destinations in Southern Thailand focusing on getting away from other visitors. It is our mission to offer you something completely different from what other tour operators in the region offer. Your eco adventure tour is designed for first-time paddlers and novice travelers, and children are more than welcome! Experienced kayakers and adventurers are, of course, also welcome. All staff are certified to international first aid and safety standards.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This was an extremely well organised trip that took us to some spectacular places. Our guide Run and boatman Ron were excellent and we had a great time.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

After coming across Dave's courses on a forum, I decided to sign up for a Jungle Survival Course.

You can check the online itinerary to get an idea of what you can expect. That aside, Dave is very accommodating and willing to tailor the course according to what you might want.

We were expecting to rough it out - so we were surprised to see the floating bungalows. They’re a series of huts built on floating platforms. Each is basic but very serviceable - mattresses inside each, a fan, and electricity (only in the evening and night). Adjacent is a toilet block with toilet bowls and showers (no heated water, though!). I was very comfortable. On top of this, the waters of the lake are clean and pleasantly warm, there are few mosquitoes in the area, and the food from the kitchen (which is connected to a small shop that sells cold drinks) was homely and good.

The point is, my course mates and I were talking about how this is quite a friendly experience for someone who might want to have something more outdoorsy, but is worried about things being too tough. Nevertheless, if you really want a true live-in-the-jungle sort of thing, it might be possible to arrange.

All in all, it was a pretty lovely experience. I learnt a lot from our guides, Mr Bao and Mr Kop (I’m not sure of how to spell it!). Definitely a special sort of thing if you are into the outdoors and if you are in Phuket.

1  Thank Esmonde
Dave W, Manager at Paddle Asia - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you so much for coming with us and for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate both. Take care, keep in touch, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I've done the 1 day kayaking trip with Paddle Asia twice now. It is extremely well organised by Dave who is very responsive to emails. Mr Bird was our guide - he was very capable and concerned that we had a good time. We saw some beautiful wildlife: birds, monitor lizards and lots of fish and big jelly fish. The scenery was great and lunch on the beach was also extremely enjoyable. I would not hesitate to recommend this trip.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My boyfriend and I went on a private day kayak tour of phang nag bay. It was an excellent trip in every respect. Our guide Mr Bao took fantastic care of us. All logistics went to plan (pick ups drop offs, lunch dietary requirements etc). We bumped into 2 tourists on their private speed boat during the day- and that was it! It was mainly just the 3 of us paddling from 'island' to 'island', We saw so much wildlife and I loved how peaceful it was. I really wanted to get away from the bulk of the tourist crowds and I actually wanted to kayak myself - this trip ticked those boxes. Great organisation - all round fabulous trip.

1  Thank LondonEstrellita
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Three of us did 2 nights and three days of hiking and paddling and picking up a few basic survival skills in Khoa Sok National Park. The place is rugged and beautiful. The guides are knowledgable friendly and fun. The accommodations are basic but clean and comfortable. The food is fabulous.

The hiking we did was challenging but not as challenging as I'm sure it could be. Same could be said for the survival skills element. As I understand it, Paddle Asia does more adventurous trips that include overnighting in the jungle in self built shelters, but this requires the cooperation of the park rangers (if done in Khoa Sok). If you're up for that sort of thing, these are the people you want to do it with.

I would certainly take trips with Padde Asia again and would recommend them to anyone who wants to explore the natural beauty of Thailand.

dhood