“Family”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Family visited from Spain and fancy some Italian dishes.
The food wasn’t the fantastic but the ambience was good. I must admit it was quite time when we had lunch.
I would recommend the place but the food is a bit not to my liking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spur of the moment to have breakfast, liked the buzz from the atmosphere, ordered scrambled eggs and mushrooms on ciabatta
When it arrived, looked great, variety of mushrooms was good but when I tried the scrambled eggs I received a shock , they were made with sugar added, who in their right mind puts sugar in scrambled eggs , I could not eat it, I mentioned to the staff, and was informed that that is how they make it
I will definitely not have breakfast there again, as I’m not sure what they put in their food

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So we are over visiting our family and take them out. Can’t go wrong with Carluccio’s we thought. And as usual great waiting service, really good food and value for money BUT told waitress early that one of us a severe wheat allergy, while one with lactose intolerance. Good allergy menu too btw. No problem with first course, then carbonara comes out. Lucky Asked if defo gluten free - No - so had to wait a short while when they cooked a new one. No fault at all for most pleasant efficient waitress. In fact they told us it was a mistake by one of their executive chefs. Fair enough, as an experienced reviewer I love honesty. We gave a decent tip but said that we expected better so got two apologies. Felt they were reactive and formulaic. Explained that one of our party would have been in hospital if had eaten the wheat first time around. No gesture at all from management. Sorry, not good enough and we won’t go again. Pity - manager the issue, nothing else.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

What can I say I am Daniel E not often do I right reviews but today was amazing.
My fiancée who is on a striked diet as she is 3 months pregnant wanted a bite to eat and to rest. So popped in to your store. Very chilled and relaxed atmosphere.
The waitress took our order.
Very understanding with the requirements from my partner.
My self. I am easy chicken millenese
It was amazing.
The manager popped over to make sure every thing was OK.
It was amazing.
I will be returning with my little family.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Haven’t been to Carluccio’s for a while but goodness has it gone done hill. Were shown to our table & it took an absolute age to get our drinks & food ordered, the restaurant wasn’t busy by the way. Drinks & starters arrived after a further delay & one part of one starter was inedible, at this point our waiter was called away & appeared to be sacked mid shift. When our plates were eventually collected we complained about the starter & were advised the chef would be spoken to! Our mains arrived, again after a further delay, which were thankfully ok. At this point we were left surrounded by tables full of dirty crockery & the only other diner in our section also began to complain about the service. The remaining waiter who was now covering from the main restaurant just shrugged his shoulders. We were given a 10% ticket off their attached shop (reduced in size) for use the same day but no offer of removing the starter from the bill. Needless to say we didn’t leave a tip. It seems Carluccio’s think they can run a restaurant with two members of staff out front. No wonder if the rumours are true that it’s in trouble.