“Fantastic Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View to the west and north northwest from living/dining room patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tatiara
sydney
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed 15 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I booked this villa for a family holiday with our daughter's family which included a 4 year old. I read all the reviews before booking because I wanted the holiday to be special, and arrived with great expectations. The reviews had mentioned that there were steps down to the villa, but I hadn't expected 131 of them!
I cannot fault the staff - the girls worked very hard and were very helpful. But Toto booked us on a boat trip which was disappointing as I believe it was grossly overpriced for the size of the boat!
I found the villa awkward for a family as although there are 4 bedrooms, each one is quite separate. There is a dining room which seated us all, but there wasn't room around the pool for all of us to sit together.
We had a few problems - the TV in our room didn't work for the first 3 days, but was eventually sorted out. Then the air conditioner (in our room) didn't work for a further 3 days which involved repairmen coming three days in a row, twice telling us that it was fixed when it wasn't, but finally fixing it after 3 hot and sweaty nights. Nok was wonderful though, and very apologetic for something that wasn't her fault.
I wouldn't recommend Cape Kata for small children though......and I guess I didn't think it through before selecting it, I knew about the unfenced pool, but I wasn't aware that there was a cliff down to the rocks which we had to keep him away from too.
I guess I had unrealistic expectations of a very special place for a very special holiday, and I just found the villa to be a little tired and worn out (a bit like me really!)

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Oct 2016
Hi Christine-I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at my villa.With regard to the access pathways and the steps to my villa as you are probably aware there are 2 access pathways-one is a meandering pathway which begins at the main entrance and the second and steepest one is from the car park directly down to the villa entrance.
The length of the pathways is because I wanted the villa to be as close to the sea as possible.The pathways should be fine for anyone in reasonable health and without disabilities.I usually use the steepest pathway without difficulty and I am approaching my 76th birthday.
The villa is not appropriate for young children as you pointed out.
The agent(who no longer represents my villa) if he knew you had a young child in your party should have pointed this out to you before you booked.I knew there was a 4 year old due to the exchange of emails just prior to your arrival but believed you had been advised of the risks.
Sorry about the TV and aircon.Usually the maintenance contractors are very efficient but they seem to have fallen down in your case.
The villa never looks its best at this time of year as October is the worse monsoon month.The garden is not great as a lot of the foliage goes into
hibernation around July and blooms again in late Nov.The monsoon period is roughly equivalent to winter in temperate climes.There has been an extraordinary amount of rain during this monsoon period which hasn't helped the overall appearance of the villa.Every year in Oct/Nov in preparation for the high season the villa is given a face lift and workmen are at the villa right now undertaking the works.
If you return to Phuket again please note that Sept.& Oct.can be very wet months.Again my apologies and hope you might visit us again.Best,
Jim Hunt
HongKongM...
Hong Kong, China
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 30 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

Great place - used it as our base for the King's Cup Regatta in December for nine days. Fantastic chef, superb views and ideal for our purposes.
Many thanks indeed.
Looking forward to our return journey.

Travelling group: Friends
SuziesTra...
Melbourne, Australia
“fabulous location and amazing views”
Reviewed 9 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Cape Kata Villa for one week in June 2015. Firstly I have to mention the views and outlook from the living space and 3 of the 4 bedrooms are fabulous.
The Villa is situated between Kata and Kata Noi Beaches, on top of the cliffs on the point. It is a 5-10 minute walk to either beaches, both are beautiful. Kata area is known to be family friendly, have great dining and shopping options without the hustle and bustle of some of the more populated areas on Phuket.
The accommodation is made up of 4 individual bedrooms, each separate with own access, a shared traditional Thai style living room with balcony and small kitchenette. Some of the bedrooms are more plush than others, and one of the bathrooms was extremely basic while the others were much more luxurious. For the cost of the villa a little money needs to be spent on getting these up to scratch. This is why I have rated 4* rather than 5. At the same time keep in mind the villa is more affordable than many others that are similar and this is the reason. Generally the rooms are comfortable, well looked after and clean.
The villa is down many stairs and over two levels so I would only recommend for able bodies and not young toddlers. We stayed with two children aged 5 and 10 and it was not a problem for them.
The landscaping, gardens and pool are lovely. The Pool was very deep but had good wide steps for sitting or for kids and the water was a good temperature and has sea views. There are places to lie in the sun or shady spots to sit in the garden near the pool.
The Villa has two staff living on site who make you feel very much at home. They look after the cleaning, breakfast and anything else generally that you need. Nok the cook is amazing, she produces fabulous Thai feasts which cost only the grocery bill. We stayed in several nights as the food was just too good! The kids loved her spring rolls and pad-thai. Nok can either surprise you or take requests for Thai favorites and even has cook books you can choose from. If you're not in to Thai food (apparently there are people out there that aren't!) go out, there are so many fantastic restaurants near by.
We had a wonderful stay, very relaxing and would absolutely recommend heading here for a week.

Sfdeva
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“Amazing location, excellent food, lovely property”
Reviewed 11 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children ages 12, 10 and 4) stayed at Cape Kata Villa for 7 nights in the beginning of April. This property is ideally located within walking distance of Kata Beach and Kata Noi Beach. The property is set up with 6 individual buildings, built into the side of the hill. One is for the housekeeper/chef, Nok, and her family. One is a dining room with mini fridge and microwave. The other four are bedrooms. We used three of these as our youngest is a little too young to stay in a room separated by stairs/walking. The complex is very warm and comfortable, but it is not updated to the latest modern style. The beds are comfortable, everything is clean and well cared for, so we didn't mind that everything wasn't shiny and new. Plus, the cost for this place and this location is a very good value.

Highlights: The food is amazing. You can sit will Nok everyday and plan the menu for breakfast and lunch/dinner. We ate amazingly well. She is a great cook and it was so relaxing to have breakfast and dinner taken care of each day.
We spent a lot of time touring Phuket and playing on the beach. The villa was a welcome relief at the end of each day. We relaxed in the pool and took in the view each evening before dinner.

There are a number of stairs leading down to the property. We are a family that enjoys walking so this was not an issue for us. Only when our youngest was exhausted, did we have to carry her. This would be difficult to navigate if you have children that need a stroller.

My only improvement suggestion would be that when we arrived, we didn't get a very thorough tour of the property. It would have been nice to have someone meet us there and give us a tour/welcome. The driver and Nok did their best, but it didn't seem to be within their comfort zone.

Overall, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Travelling group: Young Children
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing