2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$44
travelup.comUS$96
Reviews (2 072)
2 072 results
All reviews swim up bar beach access sea view ska bar buffet breakfast tour desk pool access room superior room egg station thai food thailand kata massage baht heaps
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 2 072 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2020

Traveled with a friend and was looking for a hotel with a good location but not in the busy/club area like Patong- this was overall a good location, although I think the Karon beach area is pretty interchangeable with Kata beach area. We also really wanted a place with beach access which this one did. Otherwise this was a very average hotel.

Rooms average size with comfortable beds; liked that they had blackout curtains. Bathrooms average with tub/shower that was fairly clean. Nice balconies and spacious rooms with plenty of hot water in showers. Black out curtains a plus to keep out all the light.

Biggest complaint would be how incredibly pricey food/drinks are; not all inclusive and very comparable to U.S. prices which is a bit absurd for Thailand. A beer at the pool was equivalent to $6 USD when in northern Thailand is was <%1 USD. Luckily there are places not too far to get sandwiches/food since lunch/dinner would also be very pricey. Breakfast buffet was pretty good and included in our room rate.

Air conditioning took eternity to cool down the rooms and was frequently very hot (~80' F) when we got back to the rooms and took several hours to cool down (AC automatically turns off when you leave room). Overall average, nothing special hotel, and would likely stay elsewhere for a more luxury beach vacation.

3  Thank 593kelly
Andrew Swatdipakdi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2020

Dear 593kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your detailed review. We are glad to know you enjoyed a relaxing holiday at our beachfront resort. Our ideal location on Kata Beach is perfect for those who want to enjoy a peaceful holiday as well as a variety of nightlife activities in the area. We regret to hear that not all of our facilities met your standards, but hope you can give us another chance to impress you on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2020

Stayed for 6 nights in the sea view room. Everything was great. Liked the hotel and location so much that came back for 5 more nights in the second part of our holiday and the hotel gave us an upgrade!

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank f1e6t2znv10g0cfr2020
Andrew Swatdipakdi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear f1e6t2znv10g0cfr2020 ,

Thank you for staying with us for 6 nights with a second call a few days later for a further 5 nights. .

We look forward to welcome you back on your next return to Phuket.

Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

This would be my first trip advisor review, but since I booked this place because of the reviews here, I feel I need to write one as well, I’ll start off by saying the location can’t be beat, right on the beach! And (which actually ties into the rest of the review) the staff at the bar are actually pleasant to talk to, but that’s where the positives end.... I don’t know what’s wrong with the staff here, but they are so far from the “friendly Thai” you hear about (and what I’ve encountered through out my whole trip in Thailand).... you would swear the staff are being forced to be here and are beat every night.... I have been been to communist countries with friendlier staff and that is not a joke at all.... and the front desk people, who are supposed to be the face of the establishment are the worst! Then again everyone here are so unfriendly it actually hurts! There are thousands of Thais that would kill for a job here and would actually manage at least a smile..... Please don’t waste your money here you will just be disappointed but the abysmal staff and you definitely won’t feel welcome! Now maybe that will change if they get new staff, but the view and the location aren’t worth it at all....

And I wanted to add an edit, but I just noticed someone else just left a review about the terrible staff, so they clearly have a problem right now!! Please save your money until they fix it!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank David C
Andrew Swatdipakdi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Dear David C,

Sorry to hear about the experience you had at our resort. We sincerely apologize for any rudeness or unfriendliness you experienced from our staff. Our staff is committed to providing excellent service to every guest, and it seems like we missed the mark this time.
Considering your comments, I will personally retrain our staff to ensure that in the future, all of our guests feel welcomed and as part of the family.
I hope you will give us another chance to show you the improvement and provide you with the high standard of service you deserve.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

Disappointed with staff from the moment we arrived at reception. No smiles or hello's or friendly attitudes at all over 4 days. We had just spent 5 days in Patong hotel and the staff was so kind and friendly. Not here at Beyond. Room was ok and pool ok. The only big plus here is that it's on the beach. Other than that we wish we were back in our Patong hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Paradise539771
Andrew Swatdipakdi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Dear Paradise539771,

Please accept our sincere apologies if you felt there no smiles or friendly attitude from our staff during your stay. On the contrary we receive floods of compliments from guests for our friendly and smiling staff.

Again thank you for your review and kind comments.

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

The resort is on the beach and Kata beach became my favourite one.
The breakfast is huge and offers a great variety of food (sweet and salty).
My superior room meet all my needs, the bed is super comfortable and the whole room and resort are very clean.
The hotel restaurant has great quality international/thai/pizza/spaghetti and prices are definitely affordable compared to the quality, service and dishes look.
Let me talk about the best part of my holiday, the staff!
First I should be grateful to Kim and Noel to be so nice, smiley, welcoming and ready to fulfill any need or desire!
Fancy having a poolside meal? No problem, just ask them! Thanks for making my holiday something memorable!
And people.. Don't be stingy! If you appreciate their service prize them with a tip, I can guarantee you won't regret!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank O6802MGalbertom

Dear Galbertom,

Thank you for your great review and your kind words in general especially the staff, we will pass on your mention to Kim and Noel, they are great team members.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.