2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$53
ZenHotels.comUS$79
Reviews (2 073)
2 073 results
All reviews swim up bar beach access sea view ska bar buffet breakfast tour desk pool access room superior room egg station thai food thailand kata massage baht heaps
Selected filters
14 - 19 of 2 073 reviews
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

This would be my first trip advisor review, but since I booked this place because of the reviews here, I feel I need to write one as well, I’ll start off by saying the location can’t be beat, right on the beach! And (which actually ties into the rest of the review) the staff at the bar are actually pleasant to talk to, but that’s where the positives end.... I don’t know what’s wrong with the staff here, but they are so far from the “friendly Thai” you hear about (and what I’ve encountered through out my whole trip in Thailand).... you would swear the staff are being forced to be here and are beat every night.... I have been been to communist countries with friendlier staff and that is not a joke at all.... and the front desk people, who are supposed to be the face of the establishment are the worst! Then again everyone here are so unfriendly it actually hurts! There are thousands of Thais that would kill for a job here and would actually manage at least a smile..... Please don’t waste your money here you will just be disappointed but the abysmal staff and you definitely won’t feel welcome! Now maybe that will change if they get new staff, but the view and the location aren’t worth it at all....

And I wanted to add an edit, but I just noticed someone else just left a review about the terrible staff, so they clearly have a problem right now!! Please save your money until they fix it!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank David C
Andrew Swatdipakdi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Dear David C,

Sorry to hear about the experience you had at our resort. We sincerely apologize for any rudeness or unfriendliness you experienced from our staff. Our staff is committed to providing excellent service to every guest, and it seems like we missed the mark this time.
Considering your comments, I will personally retrain our staff to ensure that in the future, all of our guests feel welcomed and as part of the family.
I hope you will give us another chance to show you the improvement and provide you with the high standard of service you deserve.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

Disappointed with staff from the moment we arrived at reception. No smiles or hello's or friendly attitudes at all over 4 days. We had just spent 5 days in Patong hotel and the staff was so kind and friendly. Not here at Beyond. Room was ok and pool ok. The only big plus here is that it's on the beach. Other than that we wish we were back in our Patong hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Paradise539771
Andrew Swatdipakdi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Dear Paradise539771,

Please accept our sincere apologies if you felt there no smiles or friendly attitude from our staff during your stay. On the contrary we receive floods of compliments from guests for our friendly and smiling staff.

Again thank you for your review and kind comments.

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

The resort is on the beach and Kata beach became my favourite one.
The breakfast is huge and offers a great variety of food (sweet and salty).
My superior room meet all my needs, the bed is super comfortable and the whole room and resort are very clean.
The hotel restaurant has great quality international/thai/pizza/spaghetti and prices are definitely affordable compared to the quality, service and dishes look.
Let me talk about the best part of my holiday, the staff!
First I should be grateful to Kim and Noel to be so nice, smiley, welcoming and ready to fulfill any need or desire!
Fancy having a poolside meal? No problem, just ask them! Thanks for making my holiday something memorable!
And people.. Don't be stingy! If you appreciate their service prize them with a tip, I can guarantee you won't regret!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank O6802MGalbertom

Dear Galbertom,

Thank you for your great review and your kind words in general especially the staff, we will pass on your mention to Kim and Noel, they are great team members.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 February 2020

Shabby. Brown water in shower. Bad smells from drains in bathroom. Poor water pressure. Ants in built in furniture. Dilapidated facilities overall, including pool. Terrible breakfast. Even the Thai foid options were dreadful.

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank hargow2009

Dear Hargow2009,

Thank you for your review. With many apologies if we failed to live up to your expectation. We are certain that the brown water, the bad smell and the pool water pressure are isolate incidence. We will make immediate corrections.

Again thank you for your comments,

Reviewed 22 February 2020

We always try to come back to Beyond Kata whenever we visit Phuket, as the service they provide and the facility of the Hotel is outstanding. We always look forward to the Pizza served from Calcio, and we would love to mention that the food they offer is fantastic and the service provided is worthy of this First Class Hotel. Special mention has to go to Noel was a great host to us.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank FrostytheCamel
Andrew Swatdipakdi, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear FrostytheCamel ,

Thank you for staying with us when you return to Phuket. Thank you for your great review and your kind words in general. The Pizza is just great no doubt about it. Thank you for mentioning Noel, he is great.

Please visit us again on your next return.