“Self drive through S.A. and Swaziland” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Due South Motorcycle - Day Tours

Due South Motorcycle - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Due South Motorcycle Tours - Day Trips A South African motorbike tour operator offering day trips, rentals and longer rides in and around South Africa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Self drive through S.A. and Swaziland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2015

After a fantastic group motorbike tour with friends and led by Joe in 2009. I was keen to do a self-drive with my now wife Younga. To revisit S.A. and extend our travels through Swaziland, Joe from 'Due South Motorcycles - Day Tours' was our obvious first stop.

Ultimately, Joe was patient and arrived at a perfect 10 day agenda, after overnight'ing in a great spot next to J'Burg airport, we drove across to Kruger and had a couple of days with two amazing drives on safari; next on to the Panorama Loop and down to the Swaziland border and beyond. A couple of nights near the capital and after some neat quad-biking and cultural visits, onward's south through Swaziland and back into S.A. to the wetlands area of St. Lucia. Again, an amazing education seeing the hippo's and croc's here for a couple of days before driving on towards Durban. We stopped off at Richards Bay for an incredible few hours of whale watching.. Can't believe so many whales jumping so close to the boat and everywhere in all directions... A quick flight hop over to Capetown and ended our trip with a few days relaxing and enjoying table mountain, penguins!! and the wineries... Recommend the Fleur De Cap wine tour showing how wine is made - sheer quality!!

Thanks again Joe for organizing everything. It really was a trip of a lifetime. Each of the boutique BnB accommodation was spot on and the driving distances and routes were just right. No way we could have experienced such a fantastic trip without your scheduling and organization.

We both appreciated your setting up the journey so much. Great memories for us and once we have kids on the scene, will definitely come back for more!!

Thanks again

Visited September 2015
JoeV131, Owner at Due South Motorcycle - Day Tours, responded to this review, 20 November 2015
Hi Ian and Younga,
Thank you both for the opportunity to set up the itinerary and for the hours spent at the airport on your arrival, the 6 years that have passed did not seem long at all, it was like a mate coming down for a visit.
Cheers mate, Joe

Ponta Grossa, PR
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2015

Probably the best motorcycle tour i've ever did.
We did a tour in 4 motorcycle and we didn't have any problems during the tour.
I truly recommend Due South Motorcycle because Joe know the region and he was able to give us a amazing tour during the days.
We are anxious to book another trip with Joe for our next trip to South Africa.

Visited September 2014
JoeV131, Owner at Due South Motorcycle - Day Tours, responded to this review, 25 September 2015
Hello Cassio and Laeticia,
thank you for the lovely review. I cannot wait to welcome more Brazilians in the future. The short time spent with you all was an experience for me and I still have fond memories. I hope to meet with you again sometime... much riding still to be done!
Helena, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2015

My wife and I rode the Cape Town area with Due South Motorcycle Tours and loved it! Our guide Joe was very familiar with the area..the places to see and the ones to skip. Joe was accommodating and professional in every way. Fantastic experience and I will absolutely book with him next trip!

Visited October 2014
JoeV131, Owner at Due South Motorcycle - Day Tours, responded to this review, 25 June 2015
Thanks you Vance and Mari for the fantastic experience I had 'taking you for a ride!' It was seriously my pleasure and never ever felt like work at all... you guys rock. I cannot wait for the next ride with you both!
Istanbul, Turkey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the "not to miss" attractions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2015

Motorbiking is one of the best ways to explore a country; nice roads of South Africa gives you this chance, with it's new and secure roads, while looking at natural beauties at the same time. Joe is a great guide and friend, with full of knowledge and fun. I will go back to South Africa to have another tour with Joe soon; so I can easily recommend it here to everybody.

Visited January 2015
Thanks again for fantastic feedback and all the support you have given my operation here in South Africa. The time spent with you and the group was not enough... I trust we will enjoy another ride or two soon!
“Biggest motorcycle experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2015

Returning home after a wonderful MC- trip in South Africa as far surpassed our expectations , we would like to say that we were very satisfied and happy
Due South Motorcycle tours / Joe Visser . With Joe as guide , we felt always safe in traffic and the places we stopped to refuel - eat or enjoy the view.
We stopped several places where we were the only white people . We only met friendly and helpful people in South Africa thanks to Joe "s ability to talk to all regardless of society.
Since we were the only ones who were along for the tour we got a very good contact with Joe and consider him a friend.
We saw and visited the places that tourists do not normally see , and got some insight into the very complex society thanks to Joe "s vast knowledge and desire to tell when we asked .
The places we stayed the night was fine as we like best B - B or small hotels. The breakfast was fantastic everywhere and a sandwich in the middle of the day was more than enough.
The evening meal we had on small eateries like Joe knew when we wanted to taste the local cuisine.

Visited October 2014
JoeV131, Owner at Due South Motorcycle - Day Tours, responded to this review, 10 June 2015
Hello Jorgen and Hanne,
Thank you so much for the lovely words. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride with you both! It was an absolute pleasure to get to know you both