See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have to start my review by saying 3 of the 4 of us are from England, 1 from Calgary. We were booked in a hotel in Lake Louise. We went from Jasper down to the Skywalk (well worth a visit & the money) left there about 2.30 pm. But then on our way down to LL we were diverted as the road was closed due to Forest Fire. My friend from Calgary decided we could make it going the circular route!! At 8.15pm we pulled into a petrol station in Sundry. By this time we had been on the road for 12 hours!! We decided the nearest place was the best idea!! I have never stayed in a motel before & this one exceeded my expectations!! It was clean, crisp sheets, fresh towels, the basic toiletries you need AND the shower was hot hot hot!!! My camera did not charge, but I put that down to the English/Canadian plug adaptor thing. My stay in this motel has inspired me to do a trip around Canada staying in places like this!! We had a delicious breakfast in the morning just Behind the motel & the Museum was worth every cent, especially when the (old) cowboy recited his poem, 4 of us reduced to tears!!

I may change this review when we get the bill, but at the moment, we think it was a good deal!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Helen P
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Our company booked rooms for a company function in town. We had to keep repeating who we were with before we got to check in. Once we got our keys we came to notice that our rooms were the ones with the doors wide open. Okay, it was hot so they were possibly cooling them down. We had 2 double beds, a microwave, older TV with satellite (our co-workers TV did not work and a refridgerator. To our disappointment we did not find a clock and had to rely on my wife's i-pod for an alarm. The A/C is an old noisy unit that did not cool down the room. We finally opened the windows but traffic (surprisingly a lot) did keep us awake. The floor had an annoying creak just in the bathroom doorway. We drank a lot of cold water, to cool down, so we made the trip alot --- hoping we did not awaken anyone below.
Next morning, we ran into the front desk gentleman, as we were going out for the day. He asked if we could get into our room. We stated that we put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and did not need fresh towels/ room cleaned since we would be staying an extra day. He kept insisting and we persisted. Finally we agreed no entry (since we left all our belonging in the room). We were pretty put out when upon our return we were able ot get into the room by just pushing the doors open. The room, although restocked and clean, had NOT been locked or closed shut. Nothing,thankfully, was missing but it could easily have turned out bad.We toyed with the idea of saying something but elected not to, since nothing was missing and my company was paying the bill.
In closing the room was clean (but dated). I highly suggest coming with bottle water since the tap water does have a taste to it. Try not to leave any valuables behind if staying more than one night since the doors of ours and my co-workers room were left unlocked. That is what invoked my review in the first place was not following my wishes and as a result the doors left unlocked.

Room Tip: stay further back of the street away from traffic noise, bring water, bring a clock/alarm
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We were visiting Sundre Alberta for one night and chose the Parkwood since the first place we picked had no vacancy. This is an old two storey motel. The room opened off the parking lot. It had a single queen sized bed, old TV, individual satellite receiver, one chair, a dresser, small fridge and a microwave. Check in was smooth and easy - nice to see a real key and not a card! It was hot outside and the AC was set in the wall under the window. Once it was turned on - only one speed and LOUD - it was barely possible to chat or listen to TV. We had to turn off the AC when we went to bed since it was impossible to sleep with the racket. We opened the window and since the room opened onto the parking lot, security was minimal. The room was old, dark and dingy - but possibly clean since the lighting was so poor it was hard to check! On the other hand, the room rate was excellent and the cheapest place we found to stay that whole week on the road.

Room Tip: Examine the room before you decide to stay!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family