“nandos piet retief”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Piet Retief
Description: While proudly South African, Nando's is an international flame-grilling, PERi-PERi chicken restaurant group We offer a twist of Afro-Portuguese with an upmarket and comfortable dining experience The first Nando's was opened in 1987 in Johannesburg, South Africa, by two friends, Robert Brozin and Fernando Duarte All Nando's PERi-PERi chicken is marinated for 24 hours, locally sourced and never frozen, ensuring our customers only get the finest flavours Our unique PERi-PERi recipe includes herbs, spices, garlic, lemon juice and bird's eye chilli Nando's authentic PERi -PERi has captivated its customers all over the world, making it the largest South African restaurant group to expand internationally
Reviewed 12 July 2017

staff are good.i phone in most of the time for a take away order.food always ready when i arrive.piet retief is a halaal store which is great advantage to me.nandos offer descent meals that are satisfying.piet retief store chicken can be a bit dry at times.overall good.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 17 January 2017

the staff is helpful and I enjoyed the meal. parking is a bit of a challenge near the place but you finally get a space

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

As everything else was closed we had no choice but to try this Nando's. I found the service to be curt and without a smile. The burger arrived as mild even though it was ordered as hot. The tomato was almost white and the bun soggy. The toilets were dirty.
I would not go back unless desperate.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 15 March 2016

If you need a quick dinner, this is the place to go! Haven't had a bad experience! Sometimes a bit over crowded!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 29 September 2015

A tiny 'restaurant' - Portuguese based. Stopped for a bite to eat - parking is on the side - on the other side there is plenty of parking, but it seems the businesses there want to block Nando's business. Instead of parking into the area, the 4x4's are lined up right against the road, preventing other patrons to enter and park. Six years ago I also stopped here but then there was sufficient parking. So, I entered and encountered only Black patrons / staff (and music :) ) and then I realised that racial discrimination is still alive and well in Piet Retief!! Thumbs down to the businesses next to Nando's - anyway, now for the review.
Staff were very friendly but the meal was a little bit pitiful. I asked for a quarter chicken and coleslaw. I got a huge dish of coleslow (searched for carrot strips though!) and the cabbage was sliced thickly and the mayonnaise covered the slaw so thickly that I struggled to eat the slaw. The chicken was tasty and soft but I am sure the hen is still looking for her baby - the portion was tiny. As a woman, I thought this would be sufficient to eat but I left unsatisfied.
Music played - can you vary it a bit?

Date of visit: September 2015