Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$245
View deal
Expedia.comUS$245
Hotels.comUS$245
PricelineUS$258
eDreamsUS$245
CheapTicketsUS$245
Agoda.comUS$261
All reviews farm village self catering superior room bedtime story attention to detail water features romantic getaway top class curry midlands meander delicious food the cottages a wonderful stay massage flotation skye setting
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2021

A perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life , the lush green landscape eases the mind and soul. All staff from the reception, spa, kitchen & house keeping where very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are very spacious & neat , bathrooms are modern and spotless (just the way I like it)

Stayed in the Superior Suite which was simply the best.

Food was good & was very impressed that even though the menu was limited, they catered to the best.

Will definitely be visiting again.

Sherry Baijnath

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Molly Staats, Marketing at Fordoun Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sherry,

On behalf of the Fordoun team we thank-you wholeheartedly for your kind words and and support.

We are delighted you had a wonderful relaxing time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Our culinary team have extended our limited menu and look forward to launching our new Spring menu on the 1 October 2021. We look forward to sharing it with you as we focus on fresh, local and homegrown produce!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank-you again for your kind review and support - most appreciated during these times.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Lived up to expectation - nice to get what you plan for
Rooms were very good - warm in winter with all the trimmings
Pity the restaurant menu, food a little disappointing
Choice of food unimaginative, also everything we tried was very fatty / oily

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Molly Staats, Marketing at Fordoun Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear Richard,

On behalf of the Fordoun team we thank-you wholeheartedly for your kind words and sincere apologies the culinary experience was not exceptional! The Skye Bistro menu was condensed during the uncertain Covid lockdown period and we are delighted to inform you that our new chef, Jonno has started and will be introducing a fresh, seasonal Spring menu on the 1 September 2021.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank-you so much for your kind review and support - most appreciated during these times.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

I needed a stop over on the way to my birthday retreat in UMhlanga as a treat and looked up possibilities here on Trip Advisor.
I settled on Fordoun.
I sent them a list of all my allergies, wheat/gluten/banana/sulphites prior to travelling.
Upon arrival, the room was cold and not ideal.
None of allergies had been catered for and I had to navigate through the menu and thankfully found something for both dinner and breakfast. Upon my departure I forgot a clothing item. They contacted me to notify me.
I gave feedback about my stay decided to stop over on the way back, rather than just collect my item.
The room was warm and great.
The chef who was new, 5 days in the job, came to speak to me and paid attention to all the allergies in preparing the meal and it was a great meal.
He also undertook to do better in future.
The staff is warm and very accommodating and based on this improved service and effort to improve, I would recommend it.
They sure can still do better to cater for allergies.

Room tip: The rack rate is a lot cheaper during the week compared to the weekend/peak times.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mr Mdwaba,

It was wonderful welcoming you back to Fordoun and on behalf of the Fordoun team we thank-you wholeheartedly for your kind words and support during these times.

We delighted that you returned for your second visit to experience the true Fordoun and apologise that your room was cold and dietary requirements not catered for on your first visit.

We are so thrilled that our new chefs, Jonno and Ricardo have joined and are creating the magic in the kitchen. We will be introducing a fresh, seasonal Spring menu on the 1 September 2021.The menu has been designed to cater for all palettes and huge focus on local, fresh fare!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank-you once again for your kind review and support - most appreciated.

Reviewed 27 June 2021

I needed a break after a stressful start to the year.
From the moment we arrived, service was excellent. Very caring and attention to detail perfect.

After an average lunch on the first day, the meals were excellent! Staff very willing to listen to opinions and very willing to please.

Room spacious and cute, old style charm.

Spa was excellent. Treatments exactly what I needed and service once again amazing.
I will definitely revisit Fordoun!
Well done to the team!!!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Molly Staats, Marketing at Fordoun Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Dear Amisha,

On behalf of the Fordoun team we thank-you wholeheartedly for this wonderful review! We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and so sorry your lunch on your first day was not exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank-you so much for your kind review and support.

Most appreciated during these times.

Reviewed 28 May 2021

This is my fourth stay at Fordoun and I always leave remembering how much I love it. The staff are most obliging. The food always delicious. The environment so calming and the spa is amazing. What else is left to say. I always stay in the superior rooms and I love the decor.

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

To our valued Fordoun guest,

We wholeheartedly thank-you for your amazing support and wonderful review! So appreciated during these times and so delighted you had a good time and enjoyed the decor, food and spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and take care, stay safe!

Warm Fordoun Regards,