All reviews service station costa coffee motorway hotel a pet friendly hotel room was clean cheap hotel suited our needs didn't hear a thing two double beds tea and coffee making facilities extra pillows a ground floor room check in was easy min drive bad points easy access would stay again
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Stayed here once before in a twin bedroom. This time I opted for a bedroom with two double beds (room 21) and what a great night sleep myself and my daughter had. The only negative regarding the room is it had quite a bit of hair in the bath plug hole as well couldn't quite fathom the cold water situation for the bath/shower. Had to wait a while till the water cooled before either of us could bathe.

The gentleman at reception is always pleasant and polite.

McDonald's next door is always a hit with my daughter!

Last time we stayed here we visited Chester Zoo. This time we decided to visit Knowsley Safari and what a great find!

Would definately return to Days Inn Chester East

Room tip: A room with double beds
Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank lorraine t
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Handy location for lots of places or a stop-over. Small motorway services with a couple of the food places 24 hrs. Not a busy motorway at night so if you go out and come back late the car park might be deserted. No security cameras either. Not saying it is unsafe at all but be aware if you are the nervous type. Hotel is fine. Decent size rooms, everything works. Looking at the decor was probably a Premier Inn at some point and not re-furbished since. Paid £34 which makes it excellent value. At £50 or 60 not so sure.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Conveniently situated by the motorway a few mile outside Chester. Friendly helpful staff. Very quiet considering it is in a motorway service area. Rooms clean, food etc in motorway services 50m away. Easy access to Chester and the zoo.

Date of stay: April 2015
2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 25 June 2015

This was the first time we have stayed at a Days Inn, although we have used several Premier Inns and Travel Lodges, and we expected this to be on a par. We were very pleasantly surprised - cheaper than the average Premier Inn and nicer! The rooms were pleasant, with pictures on the walls, and everything was spotlessly clean. The location was remarkably quiet. A cafeteria in the adjacent service area was able to provide for all our needs.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 4 June 2015

We were visiting a local attraction so thought we would try and book a local hotel for the night (2 rooms). I have to say that this was the only hotel in the area that wasn't either fully booked, or stupidly expensive, so in that respect they have somewhat of a captive market for the Chester area.

On first entering the hotel we were greeted very pleasantly, and given the key for our room (A PROPER KEY!!!)

Having booked a family room we were pleasantly surprised by the size, the room had a second alcove with 2 single beds in, it would have been better had there been a curtain pull across to divide the rooms if you have small children and want to keep a light on the main room while they sleep. But that wasn't an issue for us.

The pictures on the walls were very nice too!

Now for the bad....

By my estimates the hotel must be about 18 years old, and the rooms themselves are showing the age. Furniture was well used, the carpet was filthy (I didn't feel like taking my shoes off), and the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in (and I use hotels a lot!). The bathroom floor was covered in hair (both long and er short) and didn't look like it had been hoovered for a while. The sink area had been cleaned though which was a plus.

I appreciate that the hotel is at the budget end of the market (although not that cheap for what we paid) but if you can't supply a clean room at least there is something wrong.

So in summary, Good location, cheap for the area, but needs a refurb and serious clean!

Won't be using it again...

Room tip: Ask for one that has been cleaned!
Date of stay: May 2015