Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Roisin D
Johannesburg, South Africa

Awful! Do not stay here!

Review of Welkom Inn
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jul 2023
Awful! Feels old and dirty. Brown water. Terrible food. Didn’t want to give us a duvet. Colleague found an old lube packet in her room. I had dirt all over my windowsill from when they drilled. Proof they don’t clean properly. No fridge in the rooms. Rooms not sound proof meaning you can hear people snoring and using the bathroom. We all experienced sinus issues due to the dust - more proof it isn’t cleaned. They ran out of diesel to fuel the generator leaving us all in the dark. Staff were friendly and tried to help but most of the time they were clueless. This is a reflection of management - not the staff themselves.

This place is in desperate need of a renovation.
Date of stay: May 2023
Room Tip: Don’t go! Bring your own Wi-Fi!
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
1.6 km from Welkom Inn
Free Wifi
Beautiful bedroom and great size bed
  • Lol.travel
    2.6 km from Welkom Inn
    • Priceline
    8.8 km from Welkom Inn
    View more hotels in Welkom
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 March 2023

what a terrible hotel.
    it is not well maintained.
    bathrooms are not cleaned; towels looks like they were used from the 1300's no longer white.
    not a good value for money
    the gate stand open.
    other guest are soooo loud and even after reporting in reception the noise still continued.
    furniture needs to be changed.
    this hotel needs to be renovated and cleaned properly.

Date of stay: March 2023
    Reviewed 6 December 2022

Disgusted, from receptionist attitude (not interested, giving one word answers) to the quality of the room (wifi not working, phone not working, only ONE coat hanger in the cupboard). Website and rates gives an impression of quality, but don't be fooled! Never again Welcome @ Welkom Inn!

Date of stay: December 2022
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 6 February 2019

I had thought I was not gonna write bad reviews like this, but when I get treated like this, I know that I had made a mistake with that decision. I have been made to feel that am being done a favour by being offered a service, I have never felt so unappreciated at a place where the only thing that works effectively is room air-conditioning! The rest is too traumatic to even describe. I had made a mistake, I will continue to write bad reviews when necessary and I will never set foot here again!

Date of stay: February 2019
    1  Thank NakediWaLesele
    Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

R1400 for buffet dinner, room and buffet breakfast. Sparse rooms. TV channels not tuned properly no Wi-Fi in rooms . Definitely not 4 star...grossly misleading. No bar fridge like shown on their website. I get the feeling one is falsely lured into making a booking into a seemingly good place.

Date of stay: August 2018
    Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I would like to see hotel upgrades its standard, the rooms were clean but they (hotel) needs some upgrade like bar fridges in the rooms, the wifi as only accessible at the public areas at the hotel not in the rooms. There was no ice cubes from the bar for the past two days I since I slept there, the breakfast was 👍🏻

Date of stay: February 2018