Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Hasslefree2014
Johannesburg, South Africa

Past Sell by Date

Review of Welkom Inn
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 06 Apr 2017via mobile
Possibly in the 1970s this was a great venue. It definitely has that aged feel to it.
But a coat of paint, fake flowers and the occasion new piece of refurbished furniture does not make the old new again.
And age is not a sign that something is dated, but when a vebue is tired, that resounds loudly, especially when customer service is not paramount.

My initial welcome was being told to wait as there was some or other issue around the booking and payment. Working for one of the largest groups in Southern Africa, I seriously doubt payment would be a problem. Yet the reception was adamanent I could not be served unless this was resolved upfront.

My most favourable comment about the room and bathroom would be that it was aged. (That's ignoring my comments about a damp smell, carpets that needed a good clean, and the dead crickets under the desk)

I risked breakfast the next morning...despite my better judgment....i should have not.... Let's just say it was edible.

Truthfully the Best part of my one and forever only stay at this location was leaving.
Date of stay: April 2017
R 540
    R 540
9.4 km from Welkom Inn
View more hotels in Welkom
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Although the room looked clean, there were not enough towels, coffee/tea etc. For a 4star they should have a hairdryer... but there was none. No duty manager on duty... drinks took more than half an hour and then they told us there was no ice!! Housekeeping knocked at our door to clean the room just after 7😠. Never again!!!!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank hesterc2016
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

NO fridge, NO iron, NO wi-fi, bed sheets not ironed! Their "ultra modern" rooms are old, damaged and dirty. Had to buy Doom for mosquitos. Website photos are deceiving! Dont know how the dump can be a 4 star!!!!

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank traveho
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Only read these reviews (lesson learned) after opting to drive back home to Jhb instead of overnighting at this establishment. Can now relate to many of the reviews..deceptive website and entrance, in the rooms encountered filthy carpets, stained bath and smelly room...and dubious bed linen. Came across a previous occupants pair of discarded panties behind the dresser while looking for missing airconditioner remote!!. Makes one wonder what other housekeeping was overlooked! Hence decision for a late night drive home instead of overnighting.

Room tip: Do not even consider this establishment .
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Their website says "if you want to stay in luxury and comfort take advantage of our freshly decorated rooms."

I obviously wasn't given one of these on my first trip to Welkom. The rooms were outdated and smelled stuffy, the shower head and bath taps were also old and required a manual to operate them. The buffet dinner was disappointing while at breakfast I had to ask for a filter coffee, which they had to brew.

The positive was that the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

As a sleepover it serves its purpose, but if you looking for "luxury and comfort" this is not it.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank HighlanderX1
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 days on business. What a poorly kept establishment! No WiFi in the rooms, it was only available at reception area. My room window had a broken handle as a result when wind was blowing it made such funny & scary noise. I felt soooo unsafe as there were no security bars on the window. The toilet was leaking and it appeared as if it was a chronic problem since everyday they use to come and put a new towel to absorb the leaking water. Reception area had a carpet that was soooooooo dirty and disgusting, I had no idea why that carpet wasn't vacuumed even though cleaning was done daily. Disgusting indeed. Restaurant was satisfactory with a very nice chef from kwazulunatal and the food was tasty. I will never stay there again not worth it. Please pull up your socks

Date of stay: September 2016