Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
traveho

Welkom Inn PATHETIC!!!!!!!!

Review of Welkom Inn
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jan 2017via mobile
NO fridge, NO iron, NO wi-fi, bed sheets not ironed! Their "ultra modern" rooms are old, damaged and dirty. Had to buy Doom for mosquitos. Website photos are deceiving! Dont know how the dump can be a 4 star!!!!
Date of stay: January 2017
9.3 km from Welkom Inn
9.2 km from Welkom Inn
9.4 km from Welkom Inn
View more hotels in Welkom
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Only read these reviews (lesson learned) after opting to drive back home to Jhb instead of overnighting at this establishment. Can now relate to many of the reviews..deceptive website and entrance, in the rooms encountered filthy carpets, stained bath and smelly room...and dubious bed linen. Came across a previous occupants pair of discarded panties behind the dresser while looking for missing airconditioner remote!!. Makes one wonder what other housekeeping was overlooked! Hence decision for a late night drive home instead of overnighting.

Room tip: Do not even consider this establishment .
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Their website says "if you want to stay in luxury and comfort take advantage of our freshly decorated rooms."

I obviously wasn't given one of these on my first trip to Welkom. The rooms were outdated and smelled stuffy, the shower head and bath taps were also old and required a manual to operate them. The buffet dinner was disappointing while at breakfast I had to ask for a filter coffee, which they had to brew.

The positive was that the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

As a sleepover it serves its purpose, but if you looking for "luxury and comfort" this is not it.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank HighlanderX1
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 days on business. What a poorly kept establishment! No WiFi in the rooms, it was only available at reception area. My room window had a broken handle as a result when wind was blowing it made such funny & scary noise. I felt soooo unsafe as there were no security bars on the window. The toilet was leaking and it appeared as if it was a chronic problem since everyday they use to come and put a new towel to absorb the leaking water. Reception area had a carpet that was soooooooo dirty and disgusting, I had no idea why that carpet wasn't vacuumed even though cleaning was done daily. Disgusting indeed. Restaurant was satisfactory with a very nice chef from kwazulunatal and the food was tasty. I will never stay there again not worth it. Please pull up your socks

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I read some reviews before I arrived and felt quite apprehensive they were so negative, but I found the opposite! I had an excellent stay - the staff were friendly, the rooms clean and warm and the free breakfast outstanding. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

The entrance is deceiving. One gets the impression of a nice hotel. Its not. I changed rooms 3x in order to be basically satisfied. Dirty, shabby, remotes for air cons and Tvs in short supply.Full of dubious characters. Breakfast pathetic with long queues, cold, sub standard food. Waited 15 minutes for fried eggs, grill cold. Dinner buffet overpriced and pathetic. Stocked full of govt sector and contractors who have accepted sub standards.

Date of stay: May 2016