Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Diane H
Johannesburg, South Africa

Never Again. Would rate as negative if option available.

Review of Welkom Inn
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Dec 2016
Only read these reviews (lesson learned) after opting to drive back home to Jhb instead of overnighting at this establishment. Can now relate to many of the reviews..deceptive website and entrance, in the rooms encountered filthy carpets, stained bath and smelly room...and dubious bed linen. Came across a previous occupants pair of discarded panties behind the dresser while looking for missing airconditioner remote!!. Makes one wonder what other housekeeping was overlooked! Hence decision for a late night drive home instead of overnighting.
Date of stay: December 2016
Room Tip: Do not even consider this establishment .
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
R 600
    R 600
4.3 km from Welkom Inn
View more hotels in Welkom
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Their website says "if you want to stay in luxury and comfort take advantage of our freshly decorated rooms."

I obviously wasn't given one of these on my first trip to Welkom. The rooms were outdated and smelled stuffy, the shower head and bath taps were also old and required a manual to operate them. The buffet dinner was disappointing while at breakfast I had to ask for a filter coffee, which they had to brew.

The positive was that the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

As a sleepover it serves its purpose, but if you looking for "luxury and comfort" this is not it.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank HighlanderX1
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 days on business. What a poorly kept establishment! No WiFi in the rooms, it was only available at reception area. My room window had a broken handle as a result when wind was blowing it made such funny & scary noise. I felt soooo unsafe as there were no security bars on the window. The toilet was leaking and it appeared as if it was a chronic problem since everyday they use to come and put a new towel to absorb the leaking water. Reception area had a carpet that was soooooooo dirty and disgusting, I had no idea why that carpet wasn't vacuumed even though cleaning was done daily. Disgusting indeed. Restaurant was satisfactory with a very nice chef from kwazulunatal and the food was tasty. I will never stay there again not worth it. Please pull up your socks

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I read some reviews before I arrived and felt quite apprehensive they were so negative, but I found the opposite! I had an excellent stay - the staff were friendly, the rooms clean and warm and the free breakfast outstanding. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

The entrance is deceiving. One gets the impression of a nice hotel. Its not. I changed rooms 3x in order to be basically satisfied. Dirty, shabby, remotes for air cons and Tvs in short supply.Full of dubious characters. Breakfast pathetic with long queues, cold, sub standard food. Waited 15 minutes for fried eggs, grill cold. Dinner buffet overpriced and pathetic. Stocked full of govt sector and contractors who have accepted sub standards.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank julianne5906
Reviewed 25 April 2016

This is one hotel I would like to avoid at all cost. I stayed here for only 3 days and it was extremely unpleasant. The room I had had a stench to it that just made to want to leave the place. The place were not neat and the bedding and towels were dirty. Me and my colleague both experienced the same things and we decided to take it up with management. The manager were very surprised with our concerns, but he took it on him to try and rectify the situation. Unfortunately the situation did not change and we decided to purchase our own towels as a result of the dirty towels of the hotel which also had a sour type of smell.

The food itself at breakfast looked old and we decided to rather use a restaurant for breakfast. Apart from the untidiness and dirtiness, trying to get any form of assistance in the evenings proved to be beyond any hope. There we no manager on duty after 18h00 and the staff that were there were not in anyway helpful at all. I was by no means surprised that the hotel had so few guests as I noticed that for the 3 days we sere there, I saw only about 3 other guests.

The location of the hotel is another concern. It is located in what seems as a more dangerous part of town. I know that many of my other colleagues that used this hotel in the past had themselves complaints about the place and our section decided not to use this place anymore.

Date of stay: September 2015