Lowest prices for your stay
R 1 200
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
_kabby.k
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom

What a Dump avoid at all costs!!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Mar 2022via mobile
Sadly I arrived in Welkom at night time and couldn’t work my way around to find more guest houses. I saw this place nice bright looking signs and thought I would stay here after a long drive.
The owner came across as a nice man to be fair to him. 600 ZAR it cost me for a room.
Ones in there I started looking around the room. Well the bath was out of use it had a massive crack in it.
The shower simply looked disgusting.
There’s baby cockroaches running around the bath.
Then just to top it off the electric went off.
I woke up about 6.30am and the electric was back on. Started to make plans using their WiFi then the electric went off again. Went to the management to say about electric but I felt I was wasting my time. I couldn’t and wouldn’t eat breakfast there the restaurant looked dirty. This has to be the worst stay experience I have had so far in South Africa. Also the rooms are from the 80’s and I could hear next door having sex! Really!!
Date of stay: March 2022
    R 800
    R 800
2.3 km from Gold Guest & Conference
View more hotels in Welkom
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2019

Very disappointing. This establishment is past its sell by date.

On arrival there was a box of empty beers outside our room. This was still not removed when we left. The courtyard was littered with leaves from the avocado tree and the small pool was filthy.

The room was okay, nothing special. The bathroom was horrible. No soap holders in the shower which was situated in the middle of the bathroom. The shower also leaks wetting the entire bathroom.

There is a restaurant on location but did not eat there.

Would not recommend this place. Not worth the price.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2017

The staff was friendly especially Peter who works in the bar.The food was also great and the rooms exceptional.Keep up the good work.Will recommend it and surely visit it again when I visit Welkom soon

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay over a weekend. The accommodation was clean and tidy. Breakfast was fast, and they went out of their way to accommodate a group of guests who all wanted to breakfast at 6am instead of their usual starting time of 7am. We had dinner both nights at the restaurant on site and had a good pub meal which was very reasonably priced. The room could possibly have one or two things added Eg a shower mat/floor towel would be nice and some hand towels. If I would add anything else to the room it would be a small kitchen fridge as a luxury. Although there were small things that could be added /improved overall we thought the value we got for the price we paid was excellent. I gave 5 stars because of the value for money. I read all the negative reviews but I think if you want something much smarter you also need to be willing to pay two or three times the price. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be in the area.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

This place falls appart.

Rooms in poor condition and smell from kitchen not good!!

The bathroom is poor. There is no afterhour security when required.

The mosquito al over the place.

Wall paper this .. no rest possible when people next door is talking!!!

Again stay away there is much beter places in Welkom to stay

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We have used this establishment twice now and I will definitely use it again. The staff were very accommodating and they assisted me non stop with the carrying of my belongings to and from the vehicle and room. The Owner Manager Himself helped me on a few occasions as well. The Bar Staff went out their way for Us, and the food was absolutely superb. I will be back for sure.

Date of stay: March 2016