Lowest prices for your stay
US$62
Hotels.comUS$76
HurbUS$78
Reviews (1 675)
1 675 results
All reviews golf course golf break driving range play golf main restaurant sauna and steam room spa facilities family room portsmouth cruise broadstreet
Selected filters
30 - 35 of 1 675 reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Stayed for just 1 night in business. You most definitely get what you pay for.
Hard pillows very dated hotel. Had no update since it was a Marriot yeas ago.
Breakfast I wouldn't bother. Dirty table. Cold breakfast, staff don't care.
The course looks great but I would stay elsewhere.
Will never stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Dale O'Callaghan, Owner at Meon Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Jaffar88

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to read that some aspects of your stay were disappointing and I can assure you these will be addressed with our team at the hotel

Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

We had to book a late room - and we were arriving late as well - we arrived and the kind reception lady changed the room to a family room with 2 double beds - which was awesome
The rooms are dates but very clean and had everything we needed

She was very helpful for somewhere for us to go to grab late food as well

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear buddha712015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your kind comments have been passed to our team and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, in particular the service for the lady on reception.

Reviewed 2 September 2021

This hotel is absolutely vile. Dirt, dust, bodily fluids, old food, hair, drugs residue, mould, unflushed toilet roll, wet towels from previous guests you name it it was there. Hookers are all around the hotel, waiting for their ‘clients’, strange ongoings and noises opposite my so called bedroom. Food is inedible wouldnt feed it to my worst enemy. Unsure how the staff even offer out key cards knowing what guests are walking into it’s embarrassing. I refused to stay the night not even the bedsheets we’re clean or washed. Hotel feels unsafe, no one was helpful especially after waiting 45 minutes to be checked in. This hotel needs to be shut down immediately.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank shannenfisher2017

Dear shannenfisher2017

Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

Okay, it’s far from perfect but the overall experience was not bad.
Reception is quite smart and we were greeted by a helpful receptionist in the Bank Holiday Monday.

We had two rooms, ours was 457 and I see that it has featured in several reviews. People taking pictures of a worn chair and desk blotter, really have you not got anything else to do?

Don’t get me wrong, the corridors and stairs in some areas need a good clean, our room was fine but again a little attention to detail would have improved things. It seems almost that the hotel is understaffed or perhaps some have given up due to all the complaints and negative reviews.

The bar area was clean (observed them sanitising tables), bar staff were friendly and made you feel welcome. No problems here.

Breakfast was just about passable, some items were a little undercooked and the pastries had stuck to the grease proof paper which was fun trying to separate.

We went down for breakfast at 7am and appeared to catch the end of a team meeting which was not going well, I would suggest that these are not conducted in public areas in future.

Checkout was quick, amusing that the receptionist did not ask how our stay went, but give.n so many negative comments I imagine they are too afraid to do so.

I am sure it will get better.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Nothotelinspector

Dear Steve295

Reviewed 31 August 2021 via mobile

I would never recommend this hotel! On arrival outside the hotel entrance there was a fair amount of rubbish and a large queue of complaining guests at reception. Not great first impressions! While checking in we booked the restaurant for dinner and paid for breakfast for the morning. The room was ok and had everything but wasn’t very clean and quite dated.
We went down for dinner to be told there wasn’t a table for us but they could sit us at the bar. While sitting at the bar and looking around at the other guests, we could see that everyone was unhappy, there were only 3 staff working the whole restaurant and bar and they were not able to cope! The people on the table behind us where complaining and the menu did not look appetising. We waited for around 20mins and decided to leave.
At 6am we were woken by a fire alarm! There was no warning that a test would take place!
We went for breakfast at 9am, feeling very hungry and desperate for a coffee as we were not provided cups in our room. We entered the breakfast area and every table was dirty, covered in food and the floor was also covered. There was only one man working there desperately trying to clear the tables. He kindly cleared a table for us. All coffee machines where broken, all coffee dispensers were empty and no glasses available for the small amount of juice that was left. The man was approached by many guests asking for cups etc and the only answer he gave was there isn’t any! It was quite obvious at this point the hotel was terribly understaffed and couldn’t cope! The very little food that was on offer looked cold and disgusting! We left and had to get our coffee and breakfast elsewhere. I can’t believe we paid almost £10 each for nothing! We spent the whole day out of the hotel and only went back to sleep and checked out early the next day, as early as possible. I also asked reception for a refund on the breakfast we paid for, to be told they couldn’t issue refunds and I was to send an email. I really don’t want to have to deal with the hassle following this up. The general cleanliness of the whole hotel was poor and they seemed to be understaffed in every area, all staff looked very fed up. This hotel needs to be closed to have a deep clean and many more staff employed before it can open to function at a decent standard.

Date of stay: July 2021