“One-Bedroom Apartment in Paradise”

Review of Aruba Bed & Beach

Excellent
Google Map
Entrance to Lapis Lazuli
Private Patio
One of the many beautiful sunsets you can enjoy here
patio of Bella Sera
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 83 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Njgirllov...
“One-Bedroom Apartment in Paradise”
Reviewed 9 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

I'm really not sure that I can say anything more than has already been said in these reviews. The great views are all true. My husband and I wanted to take a week long Caribbean vacation but had a budget in mind for air travel and rooming. After a bit of searching we decided on Aruba. Of course, we didn't want to stay somewhere unsavory so we only considered hotels/resorts with good reviews and/or 3.5 or more stars. However, the hotel prices seemed outrageous for a room that we didn't plan to be in that often. After a bit of searching, I discovered the vacation rentals section on Trip Advisor. I had never considered a vacation rental before. After reading through the great reviews on this place and looking at the photos, I told my husband that I thought this was a great option if we could get over not having the option of ordering room service and having someone come in to clean the room every day. After I told him how inexpensive it was compared to the hotels, he told me to book it! I e-mailed Karin with all of my questions and she was very kind about answering them all and sharing information with me regarding car rentals, etc. We signed the agreement and were all set. Once we arrived (we rented a car), the place was easy to find, thanks to the map Karin provided. We stayed in the larger of the two cabanas and were very pleased. It was like having your own air-conditioned one-bedroom apartment in paradise and your landlords are a very nice couple who know all there is to know about the island and are happy to share as much or as little as you'd you like. The place is across the street from the water and a great snorkeling site. Karin and Louis checked in on us, asked us to watch the sunset with them, took us out to dinner (great place!) and drove us around the island on a short tour! I never got that from a hotel/resort! The island is fairly small so even though it appears to be far away from the resort area everything is a short drive away. It takes me longer to get to work then it did to drive around the island. We spent most of our time snorkeling at Baby Beach but we also visited Eagle Beach (near the low rise resorts), went on a sailboat snorkeling trip near the high rise resorts, visited the lighthouse, the national park, walked the 562 steps up Mt.Hooiberg and visited Oranjestad multiple times - so we were all over the island. Most mornings we cooked breakfast at the vacation rental and tried different restaurants for lunch and dinner. In short, I thought this was a great deal and was extremely pleased with the accommodations and our wonderful hosts. In fact, we were so pleased that we plan on considering vacation rentals for all of our vacations going forward. It was so much more economical, freeing up money to spend on other things.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location - access to the ocean right across the street
Liked least: The backyard was under construction and there wasn't any outside lighting although they put out tea lights if you come back late at night it was difficult to walk through the driveway area back to the cabanas
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
DC
Reviewed 7 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Sue724
Delray Beach, Florida
“Diving and Snorkeling Paradise”
Reviewed 21 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

We are a couple in our 60's who have traveled all over the Caribbean. This was one experience we will not easily forget thanks to the hospitality of our hosts, Karin and Louis. We decided against a rental car as we are avid snorkelers and chose the location for it's excellent reef directly in front of the property. Karin and Louis were kind enough to pick us up at the airport as we arrived on a Saturday and they were not at work or otherwise engaged. I had mentioned to Karin in my emails that my only real concern about transportation was getting to a grocery store. After dropping off our luggage, our hosts offered to drive us to the largest grocery on the island, a much appreciated gesture. So many other gestures during our week long stay made this a special experience. We would never have experienced Aruba the way we did without the thoughtfulness of our hosts. Karin and Louis showed us places we would never have seen or found on our own.
Never on a vacation have we experienced such a feeling of complete privacy and camaraderie at the same time. We stayed in the Bella Sera cottage which was accommodating in every way. A large, very private outdoor area, a beautiful. antique framed, king bed with large, soft pillows, air-conditioning throughout the unit, ceiling fans, good selection on the TV, reliable internet connection, workable kitchen, comfortable furnishings made the unit seem like our home away from home. Thank you Karin and Louis for a very memorable stay!
A word to divers and snorkelers: an easy swim across the lagoon (lots of fish but limited coral in the lagoon area) will take you to a covered platform where you can walk across the little island to the reef. One day, we walked south several blocks to Puerto Chiquito (several commercial dive groups entering here), entered and drifted with the current south of Mangel Halto where the platform is. For more info on all dive spots on Aruba go to: www.shorediving.com

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Wonderful hospitality of owners
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NJ
Reviewed 15 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
AB
Reviewed 14 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing