US$83
US$73
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Oaks Pacific Blue Resort(Salamander Bay)(Great Value!)
US$95
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Dutchies Motor Lodge(Nelson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$89
Central Motel(Nelson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$126
US$118
Priceline
  • Pool
Mantra Aqua(Nelson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$212
US$74
US$67
Reviews (1 032)
1 032 results
All reviewsport stephensmaster suiteoverlooking the marinathe general managerhigh teasmall beachbuffet breakfastdinner menurestaurant staffromantic getawaythe galleyour wedding anniversarythe ground floorfantastic locationmid weekoysterslong weekend
7 - 12 of 1 032 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with family for the long weekend for a restful break from work. It was the perfect location - despite the rainy weather. Staff were helpful and friendly, room was amazing - we had a loft suite with amazing views of the water and marina. I would recommend rooms away from the main building if you are looking for some quiet. I would recommend to friends and come back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Ali H, General Manager at Anchorage Port Stephens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear AussieVG

Thank you! It’s extremely rewarding to receive such wonderful feedback!

My team at the Anchorage Port Stephens pride themselves in the level of service they provide to our guests, we would like to thank you for recognising this.

I am happy that you have been able to experience the high standard of service we wish to be remembered for. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful location and beautifully appointed rooms. Could not fault a single thing. Every team member was friendly and helpful from housekeeping to reception and the restaurant- I think Rodney was his name in the buffet he was a standout!! The rooms are immaculate and modern without being too cold. My view was over the pool and I was lucky enough to see dolphins in the marina on two occasions!! Lovely spot for a adult retreat!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Lorna M

Thank you! It’s extremely rewarding to receive such wonderful feedback!

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Anchorage Port Stephens and that you found the design of the room to be immaculate. I am glad you were able to unwind and relax in our well designed room.

My team and I look forward to having you back to the Anchorage Port Stephens , where a warm welcome awaits you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at The Anchorage for two nights using a Luxury Escape deal. Beautiful apartment with a balcony facing the marina and bay. We went a walk following a track that comes up behind the gym ,easy flat walk that follows the water, worth a look.The breakfast buffet was lovely and it's the first place we've been to that has offered champagne and strawberries . We were there during the off peak season which added to the ambience. Just check what "happy hour" means before you buy, as we we're a little disappointed in the attitude of the bar manager, otherwise five stars

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Ali H, General Manager at Anchorage Port Stephens, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear 440Christine440,

I would like to thank you for kindly taking the time to post your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed the beautifully appointed hotel. The walk you speak of is definitely a favourite, Corlette Head Point, particularly spectacular at sunset.

Our team at The Anchorage pride themselves in the level of service they provide to our guests, our training efforts are ongoing and this matter will be addressed. Hopefully you will be able to see past the happy hour experience and allow us to redeem upon your return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travelling with the HB for a weekend away we took the opportunity to take up the Luxury Escape Promotion to enjoy the beauty of Port Stephens staying at the newly renovated The Anchorage Hotel in Corlette.

The Hotel is tucked away in some residential quiet streets with plenty of signs notifying you of it's location. We arrived on a Beautiful Sunny day with the rest of the 2 days raining and miserable so only some great photos for the day.

When you arrive you are definitely transported to the Hamptons with its colours and structure of the hotel. It isn't very clear where you should park and how the hotel is situated as it is broken into different sections with the reception and dining connecting all the Hotels together. So we needed the receptionist to explain where to park.

Our welcome was quite average with the receptionist just briefly mentioning the facilities and where to go it didn't really make you feel that welcomed considering it is supposedly a 4-5star hotel. The package apparently we were on is around $1K mark so we were expecting to be wowed.

The decor of the reception and what was attached a large reading lounge room was very lovely with comfortable seating and also a gas fire place plus a bar on the side that opens from 3pm.

The hotel has 2 pools and a good selection of movies. The in room dining was quite limited to the same menu as the main restaurant unless you were dining after 10pm which we thought was a shame considering with the weather we were stuck in our rooms for a lot of that time.

The room was not huge we stayed in The Anchorage Room where we had a fantastic view with a small balcony which I would have stayed forever. It had a King Sized Bed with a small bathroom (no bathtub in our room) and Loccitane products. Small bathroom not much space but adequate. Good selection of tea and coffee and some biscuits as well.

Included in the room was unlimited movies which thankfully with the rain it was a good addition and we enjoyed. The robes provided in the room were a bit dated and felt old and used often. The one major let down for the room was the bed it felt as it was 2 mattresses pushed together and a huge lump in the middle of the bed. While we were there we heard another couple had similar issues.

We dined in their main restaurant The Gallery on the first night and it really showed that the place needed more help with service and to create a warming atmosphere. There were a corporate group in the evening but the restaurant was no where near full capacity however it felt the staff didn't really have things under control.

We had drinks at the bar upstairs before going to the restaurant and our empty drink glasses was not cleared until the end of the night. We therefore had 2 empty drink glasses, our wine glasses, bottle of wine on the table plus another bottle of sparkling water and 2 glasses on water all on the table as well as trying to eat with our plates. When the shared plates were given to us for our entrees mine was dirty and I had to send it back and again when we had dessert I was brought dirty plates. The waitress and the team working that night did not smile once and when the food or plates was brought to the table it was just dumped on us. This was quite disappointing as overall the food was great and so were the drinks.

Breakfast was served at the same restaurant and it had some good variety and good quality options from egg station and hot options to the continental offerings.

I would recommend The Anchorage as a quiet place to spend the weekend but if you are expecting pure luxury and a 5 star service for what we paid for I would say it was disappointing and not worth it. Everything felt it was a chore for the staff and we didn't feel warmly welcomed sadly.

On a positive note we wanted to give a shout to the fantastic bar man at the HEMINGWAY'S BAR we catered to my drink and it was great and to the receptionist on the second day that helped us with the fire you were great.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor for a better view and more privacy
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanillasoufflestudio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a retreat.

The room they gave me was not the one I booked, so I was initially disappointed.

However I was running late for the welcome dinner so I didn’t point it out or do a change over.

The food for the two days was just amazing, fresh and generous portions.

The room I was given had a wonderfully comfortable bed, spotlessly clean, great bathroom and lovely view of the Marina.

The rooms are in “houses” separate to the reception area and no lifts to upper floors.

Plenty of parking in front of them however.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Erica V

Thank you for your 5 star review of The Anchorage Port Stephens. I’m glad that you’ve found the design of the room to be excellent!

We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Kind regards,