Reviews (2 704)
2 704 results
1 483
1 483
All reviews main restaurant half board beach bar sea view kids club main pool mini bar family room aquila rithymna large hotel waiter service thomson rep buffet restaurant evening entertainment themed nights all inclusive package the main block
79 - 84 of 2 704 reviews
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Myself partner and 13 year old daughter came here for a week. Found our room 46 very basic but clean and a sea veiw. The food is very good here. We were only half board. We sometimes swapped dinner for lunch. Drinks exspensive so best to go fully inc ig4 you like a few drinks. Staff friendly.
The beach was not what we hoped for but that's just us we don't like pebbles or gritty sand.
We popped into the main town a few times. Worth a bus ride. Only €1.50
We did not know that men have to wear trousers after 6 if your around hotel grounds. Also to be worn in restaurant for dinner. My partner had to go and buy some!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca B
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for writing your wonderful review.

It is always extremely pleasing to learn that one of our valued guests has enjoyed their time with us, particularly as our aim is to always ensure our guests receive a first class service. I am therefore thrilled to read that you found many aspects of your stay to be exactly that which you have every right to expect and I will certainly be sharing your feedback with my team, who will also be thrilled to learn that they enhanced your stay.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback it is very much appreciated, and I certainly hope we may have the pleasure of your company again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We have been to this hotel for the past 3 years. Location is beautiful. Food is outstanding. All staff work very hard. We had a wonderful time.
We went last month for 10 nights. There was a security issue where a group of 6 young men got onto the private beach and took a large golden blow up swan which belonged to a resident. When security went up to them to get it back they wouldn't surrender it. They got out the water and surrounded the security guard. They sent the security guard on his way. Eventually the lifeguard saw them off the beach. It was a police matter. They burst th swan and thought nothing about it. Security need to take action if they cannot handle it themselves.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Amelia W

Dear Guest

Thank you for once again choosing Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for writing your wonderful review.

I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and to learn that you found all our services and amenities to be exactly what you have every right to expect, is extremely pleasing indeed. I will certainly be sharing your fabulous review with my whole team as they too will be pleased to learn that their efforts have been very much appreciated. On behalf of us all, thank you for your very kind comments.

Your comments concerning the apparent incident on the beach will be discussed with our security team, and of course if we can improve on any areas we certainly will.

It is our pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you and having the pleasure of your company again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, the room clean and the service perfect.
The main pool is big with a lot of sunbeds available if you get there early enough, the beach is very big and quiet.
The animation team is amazing, always active and with positive attitude.
They propose many activities without being pushy, we had a wonderful time with them and we want to personally thank all of them:
The fitness girls Dimitra, Klara and Benedecta, the sportmen Richie, Alexandro and Giuseppe, Michaela who entertained our teenage daughter and Ludovica who was our son’s favourite. A great team well managed by Diego “Robin Hood”, what a showman!
Thank you to all Aquila staff!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank marc919191
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday. My team, in particular those you have taken the time to personally mention, will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

very pleasant hotel and very well managed. enjoyed very much our holiday, staff very helpful and very pleasant, variety of food restaurants, a typical greek coffee shop and good entertainment will certainly return back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elswefys
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your excellent review.

I was delighted to learn that you loved our hotel and your time with us.. Our aim at the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel is to ensure that our guests receive a first class service and it is wonderful to receive such a positive, personal recommendation, one which we highly value and appreciate.

Please be assured that your praise has been shared with the whole of my team and I am sure they would ask me to pass on their thanks to you. It means a great deal to my team and I to know that our efforts have been appreciated.

It was a great pleasure to host you and thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We have been staying at the Aquila Rithymna for the past week and we have had such a wonderful time I am writing this from our hotel balcony on the last night of our stay to make sure I post a review before we get back to our busy lives and we no doubt forget. Much of what I was going to say has already been said by others in recent posts so I won’t go in to much detail on things like food (fantastic service and standard in all restaurants, though the buffet was a bit ‘Groundhog Day’ after a few nights), pool (one massive pool and two smaller pools - large kids section in the big pool and a huge number of sun loungers so no problem getting one before 10am), rooms (clean and comfortable), beach (a bit pebbly) and clientele (mostly Northern European - Scandinavian, Russian, German and French). The hotel is most definitely a family hotel which was absolutely perfect for us with two young children but I’m not sure it would be so good for people without children, particularly during school holidays. What I really wanted to say though was a huge thank you to the whole Aquila Rithymna team for helping to make our family vacation such a lovely experience. As many have mentioned here previously, the staff are what really make the hotel such a fantastic place and whilst they were all amazing we wanted to say a very special thank you to the staff at the kids club, in particular Leoni and Antonia in the Crèche Club who were absolutely incredible settling our reluctant 2yo in to give Mum and Dad a break for a few hours in the mornings, and to Julia in the Kids Club who our 5yo fell in love with. He loved the kids club so much he didn’t want to leave of an evening and wanted to rush breakfast every morning to get back there! A special mention also to Damien the pool lifeguard for being so great with our 5yo everyday. Thank you all again, we will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank L0nd0nBlue
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you had such a wonderful holiday and we thank you very much for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel.

I am very pleased that our hotel fulfilled all of your holiday needs. Your positive comments regarding our staff have been greatly appreciated and your particular comments regarding Leoni, Antonia, Julia and Damien have been fedback directly to them so that they are fully aware of what a fantastic job they are doing and so they know what a positive impact they had on your overall holiday enjoyment ! We are always very appreciative of all feedback we receive and thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Thank you once again for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.