Reviews (2 692)
2 693 results
1 476
1 476
All reviews main restaurant half board beach bar sea view kids club main pool mini bar family room aquila rithymna large hotel waiter service thomson rep buffet restaurant evening entertainment themed nights all inclusive package the main block
731 - 736 of 2 693 reviews
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

My family and I booked this hotel for a weeks stay in June. We arrived with an open mind after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. However I was surprised at how many people rated this hotel as average or below as in my opinion this hotel is fantastic. I'm not going write everything that is great with this hotel on this review as it would take me hours to list them all, all I will say is if you are thinking of booking and some of the reviews are putting you off....don't let them. This hotel is 5* and you will have an amazing holiday, we will definitely be booking again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank The_traveller_189
Kon_Vogiatzis, Marketing Coordinator at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort again in the near future!

Best regards,

George Barelier

Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed with our two sons (12 & 9) in a family room (506).
This was a lovely ground floor room with patio doors opening onto a small terrace with table and chairs, and just a few steps away from a swimming pool and the beach.
The bedroom had plenty of space for the 4 of us. There was a sliding door between the double bed and the 2 single beds, but we chose to keep this door open, to get a feeling of more space.
The hotel was spotless throughout, and considering we visited at the end of the season, nowhere appeared tatty at all.
Superb range of places to eat. Food available all day long!
We stayed Premium All Inclusive and although not all drinks were included, there were still a vast range of drinks that were.
You could book a table twice per week at the A La Carte restaurant, which held several theme nights. As Premium All Inclusive you could also have an A La Carte lunch, without having to book.
There were several pools scattered around the grounds, but be warned...none of them are heated, neither is the indoor pool. Sadly, because of this, our boys found it far too cold to swim.
Staff at the hotel were all absolutely lovely. They were great with our sons and always had a smile and a warm welcome. Very attentive too.
If I had any negatives it would be the fact that pools were not heated, wi-fi very poor in bedroom, only English TV channels were BBC or Sky news.
Would highly recommend a stay at this hotel, especially if you take out the Premium All Inclusive option.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Stickster
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

First off, to the last few reviewers who complained about the staff, you must have been horribly rude to the staff to get some sort of attitude because you didn't get what you want. I have never experienced such kind people in all my travels.

The Aquila Rithymna beach hotel is a lovely place to stay in the high season.
My boyfriends and I stayed there in October. We found the hotel to upon arrival to be very clean and very nice to look at.

We were given a twin room with 3 single beds, two beds were close together and there was one in the corner. The bathroom is a little dated compared to other hotels but it was very clean so there were no issues at all. In fact the maid service was very good so you cannot fault them for cleaning.

As it is labelled a 5star hotel I would base the rooms to be 3 and a half to 4 star and this is in comparison to hotel standards in London. However, there is nothing wrong with the rooms and the décor did not pout me off at all.

The hotel lobby bar was fantastic. The staff are so friendly and attentive that you cannot fault them. Spiridula is a wonderful waitress and another gentleman who's name we did not get were equally fantastic.
While we were there it rained a lot so we stayed in the hotel bar and because it was best for Wifi. (the wifi is very weak in the rooms and it is something that should be looked at)

The main restaurant and canteen were very clean and again the staff were AMAZING!! Irini, the captain of the Canteen is always friendly as well as ALL the other staff in the main restaurant. The go out of their way to help you and this should be really commended.

The beach bar is a lovely place to hang out and chill, if you require drinks by the beach and there is a little café by the small beautiful chapel on the grounds, run by Cristos who is the most friendly old man. Again the staff really make the place.

The pool areas are lovely and clean and so is the indoor pool. Gym is a little dated but it has a running machine and weights and is perfect for a quick hour work out. This you will need after hitting the buffet.

To those who said they could not find any veggie food, where were you looking? They had so many options that it was hard not to eat everything. Fresh salad every day, cooked meats, seafood, the salmon was amazing.
There were no issues an you would certainly not starve, you're more likely to gain wait as you end up going back a few times.

Pros:
Staff were fantastic
Food was very good and lots of options
Beach is very nice and views from hotel room is lovely
Cocktails are made very well and the staff are great at making them
Clean hotel, clean sheets and bedding

Cons:
Wifi not very strong
Not enough English speaking channels. A lot was in German and they need to cater for other languages.

I would return and I would recommend this hotel for those looking to relax and spend time chilling out by the pool, having good food and being taken care of by great staff.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ZiziJONES
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

We spent 7 days in this hotel. We have chosen room with see view, trust me it's worth this price. Standards of our room was pretty good. Every meal looks like a buffet, but there were hundreds of dishes for your choice. Beach was a little bit stony. Service was really at the highest level. I recommend

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank WojtiGdynia
Reviewed 23 October 2015

I loved this hotel, we had a sea view, our room was big and very clean. Nothing was too much trouble.
I went with my daughters and the family, my eldest daughter and family was upgraded from a family room to a bungalow with a private pool, it was really fabulous.

The food was excellent. I suffer from celiac and therefore can't eat wheat, I was allocated my own chief who was waiting for me every evening, he took me round the dishes and told what what I could and couldn't eat. He had arranged to signs to be printed so that, if I missed him, I would know. He also arranged for a special desert which was wonderful. Although the food shouldn't be the main factor when considering a holiday, even one has an allergy, it can become very difficult when going on holiday. This hotel ticked all the boxes, great location, excellent staff, spotlessly clean an amazing food. What more could anyone want!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family