Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2020

The hotel is not front of the sea, so you are some steps away. The place is clean, and modern, our room was big and confortable and have good Wi-Fi connection, it is located in the middle of the the town so you can go easily everywhere.
We were happy with the room but... The girl at the reception wasn't friendly at all, she acted like was doing a favor to us, no nice. The breakfast was poor but very poor. Some bread, coffee and jam, and eggs if you want. And in our check out again the recepcionist gave us the bill and inmediatly said "OK bye" TEXTUAL. Maybe is the normal treatment when you spend just one night there, I don't know, anyway was very rude with us.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed 9 July 2019

Though I think it is more a 3 stars hotel, Grand Theoni is a good choice if you decide to go to the small Vassiliki village, in Lefkada island, in Greece. I admit I expected much, much more, after reading the reviews, I had mixed feelings at the beginning, but I ended my holiday in good spirits. The village could be a recommendation if you want much quiet and a ”vintage” atmosphere. It is not a happy choice if you are looking for much fun, diverse ways of spending time, as it is small, the landscape is not at all breathtaking, if we compare it to the other resorts in Greece and it is 21 km away from a bigger harbour and town, Nidri. It is difficult for someone coming from hundreds of km away to accomodate quickly here and to find ways of entertainment. Nidri and Lefkas, two important resorts in the island could be other recommendations, if you are not able to rent a car or if you want to save some money with the transport around. Most of the cruises are starting in Nidri harbour and you need to take a local bus to go to Nidri and to come back. The good part is that the bus is excellent and cheap, the disadvantage is there are only 4 trips a day to Nidri and you can miss breakfast, you can have dead moments in Nidri, waiting to come back. The good news is that there is a local travel agency, on the main street, not far from Grand Theoni hotel, run by a sweet Scottish lady (married in Greece), which organizes trips, cruises from Vassiliki - while some other agencies convince you to choose them and finally you find out you have to go to Nidri. The beach is small and there are not many tourists, which could be OK. The very few sunbeds are free, for a minimum order of 3 euro/person at a pension nearby. Grand Theoni hotel offers good accomodation - great AC system, good shower, comfortable beds - and normal breakfast - still, some would expect a little bit more (for instance, there is only one type of coffee, white cheese, yellow cheese and other types of morning usual food). The rooms are clean and the lady who is cleaning every day, Tatiana - a nice and kind lady of Russian origin - does her best to please all the tourists, The strong point for me was the dinner - you can choose to have it there, but it is a fix menu every day. I asked for vegetarian meals and I was totally impressed with the various, tasty and extremely generous portions. The young lady at the restaurant is also very nice and helpful (there are just a few employees, the general view is more like one of a family hotel). Another young lady, the receptionist, is also very nice and really helpful, giving information. So, after all, it was a nice stay for me in Vassiliki, a good impression about Grand Theoni hotel, but not the one I really expected at the beginning and probably not that one to convince me come back in Lefkada. Still in love with Corfu island, Kanoni district, Kerkyra region...

Room tip: I am not sure the traveller has the option to choose.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel. 4 people-bedroom in entage was very good for a family. And they had 4 real beds -great! And the AC worked very well. Nicely located in the port area - close to shopping and nice restaurants.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Grand Theoni from 20 to 25 september me and my family and we couldnt beleive in our eyes that a fantastic hotel is located at this small but very nice village of vassiliki! The working personnel there was mostly welcoming and the lyxury of the hotel exceeded the photos! We strongly recommend Grand Theoni

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

A stunning luxurious hotel. Superb staff, fantastic breakfast and incredibly relaxing. We have never stayed at a more perfect place and will definitely come again.
The rooms are spacious,clean and comfort.The hotel is in a really good location.
Just lovely!