“If I could give more than five stars I would.”

Restaurante Ysconderijo
Price range: US$17 - US$36
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dear customers, we open just for dinners and cards not accepted. Caros clientes, abrimos só para jantares. Não aceitamos pagamento com cartão.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Excellence in a sea of mediocrity. This restaurant provided us with the best food we have ever had. The service was friendly and efficient, the ambience was stylish and relaxed. It is such a shame that there are so few excellent restaurants like this anymore anywhere.

1  Thank knebrakanesa

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Ate here last Saturday while visiting friends locally and I have to say this is possibly one of the finest meals I had, certainly in a long time. The food was simply exquisite. A previous reviewer mentioned Michelin quality, I’ve visited a few Michelin stared restaurants over the years and yes this is.

Between us we had a very wide selection off the menu and no one was disappointed. I can personally recommend the pork belly and the steak one of my friends had was incredible.

All topped off with polite, friendly and attentive service.

1  Thank Johan H
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We arrived without booking, a party of 7 including 2 children of 2 and 4.The staff were great very welcoming. The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere, the service was excellent and the food was superb and surprisingly reasonably priced. The food was elegantly presented with the little touches you expect in a top class restaurant. This is an unexpected find in an area outside the tourist region. We took photos of the food to send to my son who is a chef in a top restaurant in the UK. Highly recommend it. The only down side is it doesn't accept cards so you have to remember to take cash!

2  Thank margaretacharlton
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We found the restaurant via tripadvisor. Service and atmosphere was amazing, and the food was even better! Recommend the soil filet Do remember to bring CASH as they do not accept any credit cards.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

After nearly three weeks in the Algarve and eating at a lot of very good restaurants we ate at Ysconderijo last night 16th May 18, this is our fourth visit over the last few years and we still class it as the best restaurant in the area. This meal may have been the best of all, food, service, setting all better than we have experienced so far this holiday.

I started with the Fish cakes, followed by the belly pork and pannacotta, food tasted great, with presentation looked like a picture, my wife as a veggy loves their mushroom starter and veggy lasagne, so inpressed we have already booked our last night again on Friday

Don't miss this place if you get a chance

3  Thank richardwD8977XG