Clube Maria Luisa(Olhos de Agua)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$202
Clube Humbria by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$333
US$313
US$287
US$254
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$309/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$123
Falesia Mar by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$279
US$229
  • Pool
Falesia Garden by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$274
US$228
Aqua-Mar Aparthotel(Olhos de Agua)
US$584
US$126
Priceline
  • Pool
Agua Marinha(Olhos de Agua)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Reviews (2 325)
2 325 results
1 175
1 175
All reviewsasian restaurantswim up barentertainment teammain restaurantthe grillevening entertainmentself servicefree safewelcome meetingbar staffpool towelsplenty of sunbedsbehind the scenesgreat holidaywaiter servicequiet poolplenty of choice
17 - 22 of 2 325 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here in May/June. Second time at this hotel was like returning to a second home. So nice to see all the staff again from last time Rute, Vanessa and Rafael with his amazing dancing - I enjoyed my salsa dance by the pool with him! Plus some new faces - LOVE Dalila and Pol in the ents team this year. So lovely both of them will sit and chat with you.

Our rooms were not what we wanted as we had been put in the ones without pool view - think this was more to do with a screw up by TUI rather than any fault of the hotel. Spoke to reception and they switched us to pool view rooms on the 3rd day.

Food all great as ever. Grill/Asian is by far the better place to eat as it is less busy. David in charge of things in the restaurant is fabulous as is the lovely Kassio. LOVE Kassio!

Housekeeping is spot on here. Every day of our 14 night stay we had towel art in our room which amused my little boy. Always excited to come back to the room and see what they had created. The boat sailing on the waves with sweets was the favourite. Room always cleaned and tidied and immaculate.

Bar staff amazing as ever, especially Julian, Arthur, Nuno. And thanks to Bruno for trying to teach me Portuguese! Nice to see some of the staff who were doing glasses last year have been promoted and were working behind the bar this time. Can't remember their names! And happy to see the best best best person again Valerio!!

Will be back again as soon as my bank balance allows!

Room Tip: Pool facing
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank ARM791
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having read such great reviews on the hotel we expected more and weren't very impressed,unfortunately. We're Riu fans and often go to Riu hotels (although this was our first Riu in around 3/4 years) and whilst there were the usual Riu attributes,lovely room,excellent food and great staff,the hotel lacked class and desperately needs a good-quality bar,in my opinion.

There are two bars to cater for 500 rooms. The main bar is the Pool Bar,open from around 1030-2200 hours. As it's by the swimming pools I understand why drinks are served in plastic glasses only,of course,but these glasses affect the taste of the drinks (in my opinion !) and I want an alternative to drinking from plastic glasses. But the only other bar,the Saloon Bar,is only open from 1800 (until 2400,I think),so the only place you can drink from a 'glass' is at lunchtime in the restaurant.

The Pool Bar is outside and although covered by a roof,the weather the first week was not good with a cold wind so wasn't conducive to sitting in the bar area (even if I wanted to,which I didn't because as it was outside,there was smoking which I hate) and it wasn't pleasant to queue-up,although the service was usually very quick (there's no 'waiter' service anyway,including the restaurants),to get your drink in a plastic glass and to take it back to your lounger (when the weather was better) to put the plastic glass on the floor (there were no tables by the loungers to put your drinks on) whilst you were having your drink !

The Saloon Bar opened at 1800 so you could have a drink in a 'real' glass but this also doubled as the entertainment location and there weren't enough tables inside to put your drinks on so unless you were lucky enough to get a table,you had to hold your drink whilst watching the entertainment. In my opinion,a carpet would also improve the appearance of a 'tired' Saloon Bar area.

As I enjoy a drink before my lunch but don't enjoy the plastic glasses I started going to a outside bar so I could enjoy a 'glass' drink before lunch. The World Cup is on but the games were only shown in the outside Pool Bar and as this wasn't comfortable for me (busy,smokers and queueing for drinks as already mentioned) so I also watched a couple of the games in outside bars as well. I started thinking this really defeats the object of going All-inclusive !

In my opinion,the hotel desperately needs an additional alternative bar where you can just have a nice quiet drink (not plastic glasses !) in a relaxed atmosphere. I would suggest a small bar in the reception area would be good. The reception gives the ambiance of a stylish hotel and there is enough room and already nice tables and chairs on the small terrace area outside. This would go a long way to improve the overall image of the hotel,in my opinion.

To conclude,and despite my sometimes harsh comments,we did enjoy our holiday but just feel it could have been much better.

Stayed: June 2018
5  Thank KevinAndrews190784
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Guarana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing RIU Hotels & Resorts once again for your vacation and for taking the time to give us your constructive and valued feedback. Firstly, it means a lot to us to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you highlighted our staff as well as the gastronomic offerings.

Regarding your comments about our bars, please be assured that your impressions will be shared with the relevant department in line with the main goal to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back at one of our RIU hotels soon in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Guarana
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from this hotel after an 11 day stay. We have stayed at quite a few RIU hotels and never been disappointed, but this place is just exceptional. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and super efficient. This was the quickest bar service, no matter which bar or the time of day, always served with a smile or a joke. The variety and quality of drinks are really good and includes lovely irish coffees, prosecco, tio pepe sherry and good quality brandy and vodka. Lovely frozen cocktails for the hot days too. You know you've had a few drinks by midnight. The food is really good too. Extensive variety of meat, fish and veggie meals, with really good quality products. Again staffed by great people. The rooms are great, very comfortable. The hotel grounds and pool areas are beautiful. There are plenty of sunbeds, plenty of loos and it's just so relaxing. Nice mix of nationalities, all having a lovely time. The resort is pretty with plenty of nice bars and restaurants and a pretty little beach, with the much bigger falesia beach nearby. About 10minutes to Albufeira old town by taxi, or you can get a bus. We had a fantastic holiday and can't praise this hotel and staff enough. Perfect, apart from ropey weather a couple of days.

Stayed: June 2018
5  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were upgraded to a sea view double, and glad we were able to enjoy this accommodation as it was very comfortable. We had late check out so given another room for our last few hours. Not as nice as the one we stayed in, Early check in so we were able to enjoy the hotel from the off. Lovely food, especially the bowl of ice cream each night with fruit, brandy, and chocolate sauce.. Excellent staff. Comfortable sunbeds. Enjoyed the fitness classes. When we left they were putting out more sunbeds and parasols, so would not have wanted to be there with so many people. It was just right number when we stayed. No queues, no real noisy people near.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a seaview.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MacinSomerset
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took my 5 year old son and we had a lovely holiday. The hotel is very clean and well looked after. Room was a decent size and bed was nice
Food was plentiful and lots of choice. Drinks were great and also had self service machines to reduce queues. Lots of sun beds - there's a wooden floor that gets very hot though. Entertainment team were great. Kids disco was mostly foreign songs but the kids didn't seam to mind.
Parking is a bit limited. There is a lot but it is full most of the time.

Room Tip: sea views are nice
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family