“Didn’t dine here”
Review of The Shack

The Shack
Description: We are closed for the winter season but we will be re-opening on St. Patrick's Day 2018! The Shack Bar, situated in the heart of our breathtaking lakeside location is the latest addition to Quinta do Lago. Enjoy light tapas, snacks, and delicious cocktails under a blanket of stars. The perfect spot for afternoon drinks & tasty-tapas-style grub alongside the banks of Ria Formosa Nature Park! Come out of your shell! #TheShackScene
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I arrived early evening. The place was quite busy. We waited a few minutes to be seated. A number of staff walked by and didn’t acknowledge us. Another family then entered the restaurant and were seated ahead of us. I queried this with a staff member. She was extremely rude to me and gesticulated at me. First time I have ever walked out of a restaurant.

Quinta_Manager, Director of Sales at The Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Laragh G,

Thank you for your honest opinion regarding your recent experience with us.

We do our utmost to ensure that every customer is served warmly and promptly and I apologise that this was not your experience.

At The Shack we work with a Waiting List system, so it’s possible that we had other guest already waiting in our lounge to be seated.

Rest assured that I have shared your comments with The Shack Manager for their attention.

Thank you again for making the time to provide us with your comments. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took some friends to this restaurant,the atmosphere is good as are the cocktails,foody bit is just OK, the service was quick and efficient (well oiled machine)
The location is fab...!
Just felt a little bit like get them in and out as quick as you can...?
Cocktails a little pricy as a guide around 40 to 50 euros for a round for four people.
Live music from 16:00 closes at 20:00
There is a small beach with sun loungers which you rent from the restaurant €30 half day€50 full day and a cabanas for €60 for the day
Overall we had a fun lunch and afternoon and will go back at some point but won’t be a regular haunt.

Dear monster2017,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Shack

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service, decor and the ambiance of our beautiful restaurant. At The Shack we do our utmost to provide our guests with flawless experiences, and please be assured that we only use the highest quality of ingredients in our dishes and cocktails.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place whilst our walking and enjoyed a coffee. The setting was so lovely we returned for lunch the following day. The sangria we washed it down with is expensive 28 Euro’s but I loved my steak skewers and the wonderful setting makes it worth a Euro or two more.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stop for lunch, good choice of food, drinks and cocktails in a great location looking over the lake.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Shack is probably the most relaxed and chilled restaurant in the Algarve Quinta. It is right on the lake and it has pub food. We had burgers which were good. We also had nachos to start which was a but basic and I'd give these amiss.

Lively band and friendly waiters. Its a nice contrast to the fine dining of the Algarve