“Year two and another fantastic holiday!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lefkogeia Prevelis

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The ground floor... Lovely ambience, small,cosy and adorable!
Spacious bedroom, leading to the shaded balcony
A small bathroom on the ground floor
Do not let the spectacular mountain scenery fool you! 4 out of numerous beaches only 7 minutes away!
A view of Lefkogia village!
Located on a narrow alley of the village, Apartment Lefkogia Prevelis welcomes you!
Crystal waters at Schoinaria beach (1.8 km from the house!)
Feel the calmness! Klisidi beach (2 km from house!)
The magic view of Triopetra beach (east of Preveli)
Holidays in Lefkogia! You simply won't get bored... Discover the secrets of the nearby gorge!
The unusual folcloristic and historic museum of Papa Michalis in Asomatos! Wonderful place to visit
Join us in breathtaking experiences!
The famous Preveli beach, with the palm forest!
Free access to our farm (800m away from the apartment)! Come over to meet our animals.
Turkey's conference! Serious matters need to be solved...! Free access to Lefkogia farm (800m away)
Who is the grouchy here?????
You have to meet Huey and Dewey!!!
Colours of the spring in Lefkogia farm, only 0,8km away from the house!
Our farm, only 0,7 km away from the house!
Another view of our farm!
...and another!
Life should be so ....simple!
Lefkogia farm (0,8km away)! Did you think that only kids get to have fun? Well ...think again!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Steve C
Kent, United Kingdom
“Year two and another fantastic holiday!”
Reviewed 15 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We broke our ethos of never going back to somewhere and we are very glad we did! Once again, Betty and Ilias extended their fantastic warm Cretan hospitality to make our holiday yet another one to remember! We were looked after in a way which no other holiday rental has ever done for us and we were made to feel part of their "extended family"! Betty and Ilias make their very hard work look very easy to ensure that their three properties are tailored to suit all tastes from the quaint and quirky at Lefkogia Prevelis to the large, multi floored family Villa 5 Anemoi and the homely farm property near Amoudi beach. Many reviews for these three properties are from those people, like us, who are returning year-on-year and do so because of the excellence of not only the properties themselves but because they offer the traveler the best of all worlds. They are situated in the most ideal of locations offering access to much of the central to northern area of Crete and provide idyllic refuge from the hustle and bustle of "Main Town Crete". A choice of excellent beaches are close to hand with the busy sea-side town of Plakias offering g a stark contrast to the quiet, secluded sun-trap beaches of Amoudi, Damnoni and Skinaria and all just minutes driving distance from the properties. At this point, I would like to say a very public THANK YOU to Betty and Ilias for making this holiday another very special one and, if bookings allow, to see you again soon! This is a place which should be placed very high on your lists of MUST-GO-TO destinations and experience for yourself the finest Cretan hospitality, the beautiful Cretan countryside and the best traditional Cretan cuisine!

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
17 May 2016
My dear friends!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
What a wonderful surprise to be alerted for a new review and finding out it was from you? Again? We are really moved...!
You should see our big, wide smile while reading it and feeling this warmth and love, hidden in every line... The feelings are mutual! We consider ourselves so very lucky to have met you, and we are grateful for your kindness!
It is always a pleasure to have you around! It feels so nice to be anticipating to see you again!
We will be wating for you...
Stay well, stay as lovely as you are and enjoy your moments until we meet again.
Pringle20...
Wells, United Kingdom
“A genuine taste of Crete”
Reviewed 2 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

It is difficult to write a review and not repeat what has been said so well by many others, but … if you want a holiday that is more Cretan and less touristy, this is the place for you.

You will be living amongst local friendly, helpful people, staying in a simple, rustic and yet stylish, comfortable little house. In the village itself you can eat honest, traditional, great value food. The chattering sparrows will wake you in the morning and the chattering Cretan ladies will send you to sleep in the evenings. From the balcony you overlook the narrow alley way below, but also enjoy fantastic glimpses of the surrounding hills. The lovely beaches are just a short ride away and there is so much to explore in this area; a wide choice of beaches, some secluded but others bigger and set up for the tourists; mountainous areas and valleys; beautiful coastline stretching off into distant mountain scenery.

We loved Shinaria beach and the museum in Asomatos is definitely worth a visit. It’s particularly moving to read about German occupation in WW2. Explore the monasteries at Preveli and churches at every turn in the road, especially one hiding half way down the Kourtaliotiko Gorge.

And finally to our hosts - Betty and Illias. They are a major part of the experience. They are already providing unique accommodation, which is fantastic value for money but they also bring a personal touch to the visit, which makes it an inclusive experience, rather than just a touristy one. They are so friendly, welcoming, helpful and informative. Like others, we were lucky enough to spend some time with them on their lovely farm and we enjoyed very much our discussions about the lives of ordinary Cretans, as well as the Greek experience in Europe! We had a very happy holiday, not least thanks to them. … and their home produced olive oil? mmm delicious!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sitting on the sunny/shady balcony.
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
16 Oct 2015
My dear Christine!

What a great review!!! So well put! And all these detailed descriptions! So helpful for future visitors... Thank you, thank you, thank you! Because it s not in my power to use english language the way you do and I can not express all these the way you do! ....after all this study I ve been doing in order to improve my english???? Oh my God...
I suppose you think you are repeating what everybody said, and yet... Every time I am reading a new review, I can t help it but feel enthousiastic about it, and content and satisfied because my people had a good time time here, and this is so important to us!!! Good to know! And of course every review has the personal touch of the one who writes it! I don t know why each one of them seems unique to me and why I get so excited reading them??? I simply love them!
Thank you very much! I will be so glad to see you again!
Steve C
Kent, United Kingdom
“Too much for just one sentence!”
Reviewed 10 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Trying to keep this review short will be difficult when there is so much to say about this wonderful little cottage we have just had the pleasure of staying in. As a 50-something active couple, we were looking for quirky charm, out of the way of noisy nightlife but good access to towns, beaches and Cretan history. Well, what we got was all this and so much more. Betty and Elias (the owners ) have created not just another "holiday rental " but a cottage that actually feels like a home that welcomes you back each day from your breathtaking journeys around this most beautiful of islands. Tucked away up a narrow alleyway this little cottage offers a romantic piece of Cretan village life with a stunning view of the mountains (one of which I have christened "The Giants Bike-rack") and the graceful soaring of Eagles and Griffon Vultures. Swallows, Martins, and sparrows entertained us with chattering, swooping displays as we relaxed with breakfast on the shady balcony. Together, Betty, Elias and the cottage have managed to make us break our rule of never going twice to the same place. We are now organising our next visit either later this year or around spring or autumn 2016. Our biggest decision will be not " if" we return but "which property " will we stay in? Having now seen all 3 homes, (we wanted to see them for ourselves as photos can only describe part of the whole feel of a place ), it will be a tough decision. For stunning views over the Cretan landscape to greet us every morning and to relax into with a Raki each glorious sunset we would choose the modern farm. However, we love the village of Lefkogia and the abundance of Cretan hospitality from the tavernas to the excellently stocked supermarket. So this would mean either back to the small cottage or, and this could solve our "no return " rule, choose the century-old multi bedroomed, multi-level, Anemoi-5. Whatever we choose we know with absolute certainty that Betty, Elias and Crete will once more make it very difficult to go home to the UK.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: The lack of WiFi was a small issue as it would have been convenient to be able to access local information. However, purchasing a "Data Bundle" from my mobile phone provider ensured excess roaming costs were avoided. (my next bill will confirm!)
Friends getaway
My dear friends,

I really can not find the words to thank you for this wonderful review! I love it! Thank you for choosing our property for your holidays, thank you for visiting us at the farm! It was really nice to have you around and it was a pleasure meeting you! We loved our talks together... We loved your free spirit! We will most certainly be waiting for you!So please, do come back!
Andy F
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 10 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Everything you've read in the other reviews is correct - this is a great place to stay in if you want a real Cretan holiday in a real Cretan village with extremely helpful hosts (but only one of them is Cretan!).

Hey there...

A brilliant review indeed!!! Short and specific, not to mention that it refers to the rest of my reviews! Thank you, my friends, for choosing our property for your holidays! Thank you for taking the time to write a review... and for rating my place!

711Niall
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“This is a special place.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Lovely little house in an idealistic part of South Crete. 5 minutes away from 3 beautiful beeches. Lefkogeia is a friendly place to visit and don't forget to say hi to Costas in the Supermarket. Would say car hire is a must. The apartment is made up to a high standard. The bedroom upstairs leads on to the balcony where you can sit out and watch the world go by. Betty and Ilias couldn't have looked after us better, they have a beautiful farm on the outskirts of town and even gave us our introduction to horse riding. We loved our time there. Closest beach is Almudi, a quaint little cala, which offers live music in the evening. The perfect environment to escape the stresses of modern life. You wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

14 May 2015
Did I take my time to reply on this one or did I not? My lovely Scottish friends, sorry it took me so long to reply! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for my property and for spending time with us! People in the village still ask me about you and always tell me to send you their greetings...! It was a pleasure meeting you and having you around! I am wishing you all the best and we sure hope to see your kind, smiling faces again ...soon! Until then ...stay as positive and wonderful as we remember you!
Betty
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing