Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Reviews (1 907)
1 914 results
1 185
1 185
All reviews animation team pool bar french guests kids club a la carte greek mainland relaxing holiday quieter pool reception staff blue lagoon fantastic hotel evening shows sandy beach family room main restaurant restaurant staff main pool
Selected filters
8 - 13 of 1 914 reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2021

We just came back from our best vacation ever.
The week we spent in Mayor Capo Di Corfu was great experience:
Our room was very nice, clean and it had a view on the garden.
There was a big variety of tasty food.
We will come back for the amazing people we met there.
Awesome bartenders Petros, Nikos, Maria and the whole pool-bar staff including
Helena, Katharina and boys.
Lovely ladies from the hospitality desk, who speak many languages like
English, French, German or even Polish.
And at last but not least the hard working restaurant team.
Special thanks to George.

ευχαριστώ Marta & Marcin.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Roam03713468341
Sevi Maroulaki, Άλλο at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Thank you so much for your wonderfu review!

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

A big thank you for mentioning our dedicated colleagues, they work hard to ensure every guest is happy and such a review is definately a big reward for them.

Dziękuję bardzo,

Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

We had a good, relaxing time in Mayor hotel. The hotel has few swimming pools (also one quiet far from the main one), slides and really good kids club. Our daughter loved playing with Paula there. She enjoyed also Mini Disco organized every evening near the beach. Buffet was yummy, house rose wine also very good.
Staff is generally super friendly and they helped us massively on our first day when our luggage had delay.
Especially Peggy was great as brought swimming clothes for my daughter from her home as shops around were closed on Sunday.
What can be improved is an offer of hotel boutique, no bikinis, only Adidas swimming trunks.
Not especially sexy for a lady.
We liked the room and ground but bathroom was so tiny and no glass door for a shower but a curtain is a real pain, water on the floor..grr
The rest was great but please remember it is a Family Hotel so if you have allergy for squeeking kids just choose something else.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ewa,

thank you so much for such a wonderul review.

I am certain that both Peggy and Paula wil be delighted to hear they have contributed to your holidays!

We are looking forward to welcoming you!

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2021

Our visit to Mayor Capo di Corfu was disappointing. Read on for details.

Setting: 4/5
The resort is in the southern part of the Corfu shore, facing east towards mainland Greece. It is about an hour drive from the Corfu airport. The only bad thing about the setting was a persistent foul smell. I couldn't tell if it came from the sea or somewhere else.

Customer Service: 1/5
Several members of the waiting staff are rude and unprofessional. Most act like someone is forcing them to be there. On a few occasions I noticed the staff speaking Greek curse words under their breath when approaching tables. Unreal!! The rude attitude seems to come from the top down. The rudest was, what seemed to be, a head server dressed in all black shoes, jeans, and shirt. She was obviously miserable and she seemed to make the rest of the server team miserable by barking orders at them. What's worse, she made several customers visibly upset by yelling in her broken "englis". Lady, you're a server, not a cop! You and the rest of your unhappy staff need to find a different field to work in; perhaps, one where you don't have to interact with people. I'm in the hospitality industry myself. It usually takes one bad experience to alienate and lose customers, never mind several. Who would go to a restaurant more than once where servers are rude?? Guess what - you don't have much of a choice at Mayor Capo, especially if you opted for the all inclusive option. You can go to the a la carte restaurant but in addition to having to pay hefty prices, the service is so slow that it's totally not worth it. Clearly, the establishment is not looking for repeat business. Therefore, consider yourselves warned. Choose wisely!

1/5 because a few of the servers were polite, and, at least, you can get relatively quick service at the poolside bar.

Food quality: 2/5
The food served at the Arete restaurant was below-par cafeteria type of food. The restaurant constantly ran out of clean plates. Beware, there is no clear system of how to go about getting a table, ordering drinks, getting food etc. You have to figure that out for yourself while possibly getting looks and comments by the staff. A host could have easily solved this issue. Also, when you order drinks, make sure you order enough the first time around because you won't get refills on time. Your drinks may come once you're well into your meal or even after you're done with your meal. On several occasions, I didn't even get the drink i ordered at all. For some nonsensical reason, you can hover over trays of food, but you can't grab your own drink. You can grab your own plate, or bowl of soup and spoon, but you can't grab your own fork and knife. You have to wait for a server to buss the table and then take his/her sweet time to set it up in the middle of rush and give you an attitude while at it. Oh, it's bad and it is apparent that the establishment could care less! 2/5 for the variety in food, even though truly subpar, and for the fresh salad bar, even though the lettuce was wilted every day of my stay there.

Room Cleanliness: 2/5
The room we got had ants. It was crammed and run down with a busted bathroom door that wouldn't stay fully closed. The TV was real old and didn't work well. There was no "do not disturb" sign for the door so on a couple of occasions housekeeping disturbed us while we were resting.

I'm opening an account just so I can post this review. Leaving reviews is not something I usually do. If it was a restaurant or a hotel that dropped the ball on a visit, I wouldn't be doing this. However, since this was an extended experience and it was bad day in, day out, I feel it is my duty to make others aware of my experience so they can make a more informed decision about staying at Mayor Capo Corfu. Perhaps, my review will even help the resort address some of the major issues they face. I certainly wish I had seen such a review before booking our vacation. Needless to say, I won't be returning to Mayor Capo di Corfu.

4  Thank 857alj
Sevi Maroulaki, Άλλο at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

On this note we would like to inform that our hotel guests can post reviews.

We have taken all necessary measures.

Reviewed 5 July 2021

After the last two years of imprisonment into observation I with my children were able to relax in the small paradise of the world. The sea was clean and warm. The food was delicious! I have eaten lamb many times in Arab countries, but here it just melted in my mouth.The staff was very patient and friendly in spite of the kids' spree sometimes. In the evenings there were wonderful concerts with calm music, wonderful singing and colorful local dances. Thank you very much for fabulous hospitality!

Date of stay: June 2021
Sevi Maroulaki, Άλλο at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2021

My beloved family, it is always so very nice to welcome you back to the hotel and see the kids how they grow year after year.

We are already looking forward to your next stay with us with the newest member of the family!

Kindest regards,
Sevi

Reviewed 15 June 2021

Absolutely terrible decision to stay in this hotel. Although the place is beautiful the hotel's environment is tidy, food in restaurant is delicious, the staff is terrible and it ruined our holiday. The French team, the animators, were rude, did not respect the personal space of guests by always coming to people and disturbing them, even though the customers just simply want to relax and ask the French animators to leave them in peace. Not to mention the fact that they are always shouting, being loud all the time, which affects the quality of holiday, especially if you came mainly to relax on your holiday. To add, particularly, two members of staff - Julie and Melvin (if I caught the names correctly) were very loud by conducting the activities in the evening and shouting all day long without any reason. Hence if you want to have a calm holiday and simply relax, do NOT choose this hotel as it will ruin your holiday completely.

Date of stay: May 2021
4  Thank 127camilast
Sevi Maroulaki, Άλλο at Mayor Capo Di Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2021

Dear Guest,

please allow me to share my honest opinion about your review.
Please excuse me for thinking it is rather harsh and not because during the second year of the pandemic the few remaining hotels are struggling to keep their businesses open but because you did find many good things about this hotel as you are mentioning yourself such the tidy environment the delicious food.
The hotel is a summer resort which offers full daily animation program. At the same time, there is at the guest disposal a relax pool and bar for those who prefer relaxation rather than activities.
If the animation disturbed you in any way we deeply apologize and we wish we had the chance to do so in person.
Still we think we did not deserve such a harsh review.

With my kindest regards,