“Fabulous”
Review of Galatea Pottery

Galatea Pottery
Ranked #15 of 18 things to do in Akrotiri
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

This shop is full of wonderful pieces, all of which are beautiful hand crafter by Galateas, she is such a lovely lady. Unfortunatly we never stopped back to buy some pieces due to a range of reasons but next time we visit we will definantly buy some treasures. A real must for any pottery lover.....

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Any trip to Santorini must include a trip to Galatea's Pottery, which for a 'one girl band' is really quite amazing. We came here for the first time last year after having visited Galatea's website, & read the reviews on Trip Advisor. Each piece, is produced by Galatea herself, and is therefore, unique - no 'massed produced' stuff. On our second visit, Galatea immediately recognised us, and it was like meeting an old friend - she even took the trouble to make a reservation for us at a nearby tavern when we mentioned we were intending to go, as she was concerned we might not get a table. Thank you Galatea for your time, your conversation, and most of all for your beautiful pottery which we enjoy on a daily basis at home. We will come & see you again next year - and you must take us to your favourite restaurant! Enjoy your break over the winter.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

Some designs remain, others fade away. On most vivist I see a piece that I hadn't noticed before. I am thankful she now sells some of her drawings and paintings.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

I was visiting Akrotiri a few years ago , when I noticed the small shop. The interesting shapes and colors of the potery made me buy something. Since then, whenever I visit the island I try to go and find something from Galatea's collection. There is always something new.

4  Thank Katerina1703
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our favorite Santorini gifts came from Galatea Pottery. Browse the shop, admire the plants and flowers and chat with the artist. Her work is beautifully unique and reasonably priced. Stop on your way back from the Lighthouse. We found it simply by accident so check the web for directions.

5  Thank KlepPing