“Most interesting pottery on the island!!”
Review of Galatea Pottery

Galatea Pottery
Ranked #14 of 18 things to do in Akrotiri
Reviewed 9 October 2014

I was visiting Akrotiri a few years ago , when I noticed the small shop. The interesting shapes and colors of the potery made me buy something. Since then, whenever I visit the island I try to go and find something from Galatea's collection. There is always something new.

4  Thank Katerina1703

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our favorite Santorini gifts came from Galatea Pottery. Browse the shop, admire the plants and flowers and chat with the artist. Her work is beautifully unique and reasonably priced. Stop on your way back from the Lighthouse. We found it simply by accident so check the web for directions.

5  Thank KlepPing
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Loved the pottery here because they are unique keepsakes and only a free pieces get made as compared to the hundreds of stores selling the same designs all over Santorini. We bought a jug and ordered a fruit bowl as well. Highly recommended.

6  Thank twoashley
Reviewed 22 October 2013

In Megalohori, on the road to Akrotiri, sits Galatea's pottery studio. Her handmade pottery is unique, beautiful, and makes me smile every time I use it. The colorful Santorini plates and bowls she made for me are constant reminders of good memories and warm friendships made on this island.
Take the time to find her and treat yourself to a one of a kind memory. She has many beautiful pieces for sale in her studio, does custom orders, and ships anywhere!

6  Thank muse
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have met Galatea during one of my visits last year and was surprised about the most attractive things and lovely designs she is creating at her place. If you like wonderful colours and unique plates, bowles etc. you have to go there!
(Galatea also creates nice articles, where certain amount of the price goes to SAWA, the local animal welfare association! So your souvenir can be of great help for all poor animals there.)

5  Thank MonikaNachtelberger