“A great place to start your diving career with Amarilla divers”
Review of Amarilla Divers

Amarilla Divers
Book In Advance
More Info
US$91,64*
and up
PADI Discover Scuba Diver Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Amarilla Divers in Tenerife is an Award winning PADI Dive Resort based in Los Abrigos, previously in Golf Del Sur. We offer a safe and friendly diving experience with one of our PADI Dive instructors or Divemasters. We also offer PADI & SSI Dive courses from Discover Scuba Diver to PADI Pro Levels. Tenerife has a wonderful underwater world to see with lots of life and different types of diving. Amarilla Divers has wreck dives, reef dives, swim throughs, turtles and sting rays dives on offer.Join in, Suit up, Get Wet, DIVE today with Amarilla Divers.
Reviewed 26 June 2018

My partners son and I decided to start our diving careers whilst on holiday in Tenerife. He wants to be a marine biologist so learning to dive is essential. Before the holiday we enquired about doing the scuba diver course (half way to open water diver). Mary responded with the available days and I paid a deposit via PayPal. We were picked up outside the hotel on the first day by Neil and Shaun and off we went to the dive centre. After getting kitted out and filling out the appropriate forms it became clear I needed a medical certificate before I could dive due to my blood pressure. Neil took me to the doctors and 45 euro later, certificate in hand we were off to Los Abades to do our training, confined and open water dives. Neil and Shaun were excellent at delivering the knowledge and practical demonstrations. We were in safe hands and felt confident proving our competence at the new skills we learnt under their supervision. Two days soon passed and we can safely say it was the best part of the holiday for us. We will definitely return for more training and pleasure dives in future. Thanks a lot guys it was a great experience.

All reviews
in 58 reviews
"holiday"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I had one day and one night dives and everything was so perfect. The dive sites are beautiful, and the service is just great. They are friendly and nice guys, and very careful about divers underwater.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Went on an amazing snorkelling trip a couple weeks ago. Can’t recommend them enough. Picked us up from hotel, lent us all the gear and dropped us back afterwards.
Went to a lovely beach and guided us to best reefs. Our little boy age 7 who has been doing well with his swimming totally forgot how to swim in the sea!
Our instructor was so kind got him secured to buoy and rope and towed him around. Thank you we had a great time!!

1  Thank Liz P
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I booked our dives a few days before we left for Tenerife and Mary was very helpful in answering any questions I had via email (with very prompt replies!) making the booking process effortless. Lifts are provided to/from nearby resorts, which made life much easier as I was travelling with my family so did not have to inconvenience them.

I did 6 dives (across 2 days), including 1 night dive, and my younger brother (13 years old) did 3 dives, including 1 night dive. We both only became certified divers 8 months ago, so were not too experienced, but with the expertise of Neil all our dives were very safe and enjoyable. My brother had never done a night dive before so was quite nervous but Neil buddied up with him and put him at ease during the briefing, & that ended up being my brothers favourite dive of the trip!

Neil & Shaun were both very friendly, knowledgable, professional and excellent dive guides - they were great and spotting/pointing out cool marine life/animals to us (saw multiple octopus, stingrays and a seahorse just to name a few!!), always offered to help set up/carry heavy tanks & kit, and just generally provided great company across the two days (despite the questionable dad jokes...)

All of the equipment we used was in great condition, and the guys were always prepared to fix any minor problems if they occurred. Also, I didn't realise before emailing that all of the dives are shore dives (brilliant if you get sea sick like I do!), but don't be put off or feel the need to find a centre that does boat dives, as you wont be missing out because there is still a huge range of dive sites & the sea gets deep quickly so surface swims are not too long!

Overall a brilliant couple of days and definitely the highlight of my holiday - really hoping I get the chance to return to Tenerife for more diving in future, & I would definitely go back to Amarilla Divers! Thanks so much Neil & Shaun! :)

1  Thank emilylC3178SV
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I did 2 days/4 dives with Neil and Shaun. Everything was easy, friendly and professional. Booking and communications with Mary were very quick and easy. The dive center kindly picked me up before and dropped off after diving. Guys were helpful with rinsing the equipment even though I had my own and with everything else. Diving and logistics were nice and easy. No rush, no stress. Good guidance on dive sites, spotting and pointing out interesting stuff. I enjoyed my stay very much and definitely would recommend the dive center. Guests are treated in a warm and personal manner and the guys are fun to be around and are very professional.

1  Thank Oksana C