“March Diving”

US$92,96*
and up
PADI Discover Scuba Diver Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Amarilla Divers in Tenerife is an Award winning PADI Dive Resort based in Los Abrigos, previously in Golf Del Sur. We offer a safe and friendly diving experience with one of our PADI Dive instructors or Divemasters. We also offer PADI & SSI Dive courses from Discover Scuba Diver to PADI Pro Levels. Tenerife has a wonderful underwater world to see with lots of life and different types of diving. Amarilla Divers has wreck dives, reef dives, swim throughs, turtles and sting rays dives on offer.Join in, Suit up, Get Wet, DIVE today with Amarilla Divers.
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I just finished 7 dives with Neil & Shaun, I found them both very professional and helpful. The diving was very good with only one day of poor conditions. As far as a dive company this his one of the better companies I have dived with. Mary answered all my questions prior to booking and Neil handled everything after that. I was picked up at my resort and Neil was always on time, we would then go to the shop and get all the gear together and then drive to a dive site (4 different sites). I highly recommend diving with Amarillo Divers.

1  Thank Derek H
in 58 reviews
"holiday"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Neil, thank You very much for the great experience. Sure, we will return to make the Open Water Diver.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a week in Tenerife where I decided on the first day to do my Open Water Course. (I had done a Discover Scuba Diving and some try dives earlier in the year elsewhere) Contacted Amarilla Divers through their website and Mary replied within minutes! Arranged to do the course over the next 4 days. Collected promptly by Neil each morning, who took me through all of the practical stuff. I had to obtain a medical certificate and Neil took me to local doctor who charged much less than other doctors other dive centres may take you too! Very adaptive to my needs. Had some great dives. Both Neil and Mary extremely knowledgeable and experienced, and all at a great price! Highly recommended! I will definitely make an effort to dive with them again!

2  Thank Justin G
Reviewed 9 September 2017

The short, and the long for those who are still debating why they should go for Amarillo.

No I don’t work for Amarillo, I took my rescue diver course, and 4 dives, and my girlfriend who was looking for a little more experience to build confidence went on four dives. In both our cases, it’s always a hard decision when you’re looking for a good dive Centre… in this case it quickly turned out to be the easiest decision we made, and it also turned out to be a platinum level dive Centre (excellent), one of the best.

Neil and Mary are brilliant, they know all the dive sites, and have all the equipment you will need, and can store if you have your own.

Very competitively priced, (Tenerife, like most EU countries isn’t Egypt or Turkey, the cost of living is higher so remember that) probably under what they should charge.

Amarillo care about you: the person, the new scuba and pro diver alike. Mary (who looks after everything above the water, keeping the Amarillo world turning (she is also an instructor btw:)) will make YOU feel like one of the extended family, whether your new to scuba, or a seasoned pro Mary will somehow quickly know exactly what you need to get you to the water’s edge and beyond. Mary goes the extra mile to ensure you are fully informed, know exactly what to do, and will always keep in contact with you to ensure you are informed throughout your journey with Amarillo and your scuba experience. You get a good feeling of honesty, trust and safety straight away (this place is not a scuba factory) …. that’s very important…and very TRUE in their case. You the person(s) are important to them.

As a side note: Mary mailed me at 10.30pm, with all the right answers, because she knew I was under time pressure, how good is that.

Now you have taken a very small leap of faith and accepted a dive or ten with them or perhaps decided to do a course or two. (remember I did the rescue course with Amarillo) You are quickly reminded why it was the easiest decision you made. After all the mails, all the information, you go to meet your instructor for the first time on the first day. (There is always a little seed of apprehension, will you get on with them, did I make the right decision etc) I walk into reception, where I was met with a smile and a “hi, - how are you?” by Neil my instructor (and PADI M-I Btw). Straight away, Neil tells me the story about the apartments where I’m staying and how difficult it was to find “the owners are independent, and although they are part of a complex under one name, owners list them independently with extravagant names to lure customers in”. Laughing about the situation, we quickly build rapport, which dispelled any reservations I may have had.

Now after a few conversations, we get to the Centre, I am given all my equipment, and although an advanced diver, I was a little rusty with setting up. Neil didn’t raise an eye brow, and took me through what I was a little apprehensive about. I quickly established that Neil puts you (the customer) first. Neil won’t compromise on your safety, he won't cut corners, or ask you to do anything you don't want to do, or do not feel comfortable with. Neil will work to your strengths and help you develop your weaknesses. One of the best instructor and guide I have had the pleasure of diving with.

As side note: Neil felt like I needed to do more work on some aspects of my practical rescue diver course, I came back an extra day (at no extra cost) how good is that… Neil sees the value in making you a better diver, because some day you will be out there diving with others.

Diving in a group with Neil, he considers every diver, he will look at the capabilities of the least experienced to the most. Neil is happy to impart his experience, (which is thousands of dives in numerous waters around Tenerife and beyond). Neil is calm methodical and safety conscious throughout, taking charge of situations when they occur (and they do) for your safety and enjoyment. One of the safest and conscientious divers you can trust him and his team to serve you well.

Neil will try and cater for your requirements (conditions allowing), for those who want to do the more demanding of dives, or the shallows of reefs. In all cases, you will be given top notch safety briefs, Neil and team won’t make you feel like you should know something, they want you to ask questions and welcome any reservations so they can help you with your experience. They won't make you feel like you should know something, if you don't know, just ask…… they WILL make you feel better for doing that.

Remember do not believe the hype of other centres, don’t worry about the location, (don’t just pick a dive centre because you can walk to it, you still travel for all dive sites anyway) Amarillo can drive, don’t worry about the claims and who can do what for you, just email Mary, and trust me…. You won’t want to go anywhere else, you just get a good feeling right away, which goes on throughout your experience with Neil and team. Don’t be fooled by shiny boats or convenience.

Remember it’s about you as a diver, you want to go somewhere where you can grow, learn at your pace, get good honest opinions, know safety is at its core and get to all the good dive sites. (including shiny boat dives and they come pick you up ) LOOK NO FURTHER, Amarillo can and do cover all the bases. Best centre in Tenerife hands down.

If a dive centre can email me at 1030 at night, with all the right answers, and cater for all my dive needs in the safest way possible, along with doing extra work with me to make sure I’m safe, and others along with me are why would I go anywhere else…. I just hope you guys reading this see the value and pick them, I will be back to dive with them again…I won’t be going anywhere else

Now a small shout out to Karen, (and Karen’s Friend and longtime dive Buddy – so sorry, I forgot your name, I’ll buy the beer as penance) Garry (for being my buddy on the rescue course) and Richard…. whom made my experience both on and off the dive course memorable…a great community of people who I hope to dive with again someday.

Now the bad point: stop hiding the good coffee Neil….

2  Thank Tmusn T