Reviews (1 366)
1 366 results
All reviews banana leaf tapas bar tawann restaurant koh samui garden villa pool bar deluxe room private pool main pool our honeymoon low tide fire show shallow water buffet breakfast sea view special thanks the main road
5 - 10 of 1 366 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Spent a fantastic weekend at the resort to celebrate our daughter’s birthday and our anniversary. The kids had a great party in the villa looked after by truly courteous staff leaving nothing to be desired. Our anniversary dinner was at the stunning TawaNN (meaning sun in Thai) overlooking the bay. The Thai tasting dinner which is for two people sharing is ideal for an anniversary. We had the most enjoyable Thai vegetable salad with peanut sauce and a perfect green chicken curry to mention just a few. Delicious mango sticky rice was the finish to this amazing dinner. Service was impeccable and the setting romantic.
The biggest must for anyone staying should be a Flamingo cocktail at the pool bar!!! Rum and raspberry!!! Best ever!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Ken W, Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jadeisland,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful comment staying at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa. I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable time with us for your daughter's birthday and anniversary. The team is truly inspired and grateful by your comment.

Thank you again choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcome you again in near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Renaissance with my fiancé for 8 nights at the end of Aug/early Sep. We stayed in a beautiful pool villa with ocean view, the view was beyond words! And the whole villa was so beautful and clean and HUGE! From the minute we checked in the experience was 5 stars! It’s such a beautiful resort and so well maintained, and all staff you pass in the resort are so warm and friendly. I can’t say enough about the food either, best food I have ever had anywhere else in any other restaurant, city, country!
Also, a special thanks to Max at the Banana Leaf restaurant, everyone’s service was outstanding but Max was next level and went out of his way every morning at breakfast to make sure we were 100% happy.

The only thing negative I have to say about our whole experience is about the buffet bbq dinner that was held on the beach one of the nights we were there. We were excited to go that night till we found out it was about $80-$90 AUD approx. per person. I thought this was really steep, we wouldn’t even pay these prices for that kind of buffet in Australia.
But apart from that the rest of our experience was amazing but I do recommend going in to the main area of Lamai for some meals as it’s so beautiful, especially at night!
Also a big thing was that the pool bar shuts at 7pm!! That was really disappointing, management should definitely look into having it stay open till later, even till 9pm would be great as it’s a great spot for just hanging out and having a few drinks and some finger food if you didn’t want to go to one of the other dining options.
Would love to return here in the near future :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Ken W, Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear kellys232017,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience staying with us. I am delighted to learn that you a enjoyable time staying in one of our Pool Villa. I have also personally shared your compliment to Max and he is look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Thank you again for staying with us and loom forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Top notch experience! Hotel is beautiful, service earns extremely high marks, food/restaurants are delicious and fairly priced, and location is quiet and secluded which made for a perfect honeymoon.

Service: Special thanks to Max for giving us amazing service each morning at Banana Leaf. It was impressive how well he remembered our names, our usual food and drink orders, and just overall great hospitality. He always went above and beyond to make us feel special.

Cooking Course: Also, our private cooking class with Chef Kai was very fun, informative, and most importantly, tasty. My husband and I had a lot of fun. We travel the world frequently and have taken cooking classes abroad (Florence, Barcelona, etc) and we both agreed this is the best cooking experience we've ever had.

Beach/Pool/Pool Bar: The guys at the pool bar were always so kind and on top of our drink orders. I will say, the only downside to our stay (which we were aware about from other reviews) was how the beach is not so great for swimming. Water is dark/murky and floor is rocky and muddy. During our week stay, low tide was so low that the beach was basically just mud/sand up until 1-2pm when the tide got higher. However, the views are still gorgeous. We took the shuttle to Chaweng Beach for some good swimming.

Tip #1: Consume a lot of coconuts! Koh Samui is known as Thailand's Coconut Island. We had coconuts for breakfast with our freshly squeezed juice. We also had coconuts at the bar. Order R Creamos from the bar!

Tip #2: Their Mango Sticky Rice is out of this world! Eat it!

Room Tip: Pick a villa! Such a private and wonderful experience.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear AdriEli990,

Thank you for sharing the experience staying with us during the your honeymoon. I am delighted to read about your positive feedback from every area you encounter which make your honeymoon perfect!

I have personally shared your great compliments to Max, Chef Kai and the Pool Bar team and they are flatter by your comments. I am also excited to learn about your Tips. They are indeed the best recommendation given out!

Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights in Renaissance Koh Samui Resort, with panorama view suit. We woke up every morning with views of forest, hill, beach, sea and great blue sky!!! Very helpful and friendly staff and we enjoy all facilitates in the resort !! Recommended to all couple and families !!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Natalie T,

Thank you for sharing the experience staying with us in one of our Panoramic Suit. I am delighted to learn that you have a memorable time and enjoyed the facilities within the resort.

Thank you again for staying with us and recommending us. I look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

This was the first hotel my wife and I stayed in Thailand, and of course we picked a Marriott property because of its world class service, and we were not disappointed. The front office staff always had charming smile on their face and finished every communication with "sawadika!"
We were upgrade to a high floor suite thanks to my platinum Marriott elite membership and the ocean view from our room balcony was stunning. The room is clean and comfortable with Thai accents all around the suite. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning among the trees with partial ocean view. Given the reasonable room price, we highly recommend it to couples visiting koh samui!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin Z,

Thank you for sharing the experience staying with us and also thank you for being our Platinum Elite members. I am happy to learn that you have a enjoyable stay with us.Our breakfast buffet with the ocean view is indeed an amazing way to start the day.