“Family birthday party weekend”
Check Availability
Family bathroom
Garden
Double bedroom
Utility room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Geoff B
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Family birthday party weekend”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We stayed at Beechwood House Cambridge last weekend , and what a fantastic house..We all really enjoyed it, the house is just perfect for a large family gathering...
equipped with everything you would need...!! .
thankyou so much,

13 Jan 2017
I'm delighted you all enjoyed your stay with us and had such a memorable family birthday celebration.
jchrismor...
“Perfect”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We booked this house for a family Christmas. From the very beginning, James was very helpful and accommodating. From the moment we stepped in the front door, we felt like we were home for the holidays. The decorations were amazing and everything was taken care of. We had some slight trouble figuring out how to use the heat the first day, but fortunately, we just called James and he came right over. He even had a plumber come out on Christmas Eve just to make sure everything was okay (which it was). The entire stay was magical. The pool was amazing and with four small children, the pool and the large backyard was a big hit, even despite the cold weather. We could not have asked for a better place. James and his wife were extremely helpful and very kind. I highly recommend at this property for anyone looking for a carefree Christmas in the English Countryside. I can only hope that we will have another opportunity to stay there again.

9 Jan 2017
I'm so pleased you all had such a good Christmas at Beechwood House and that everything met with your full expectations. We'd love to see you again when you're next visiting the UK.
bdpallett
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Wonderful house, Fab Owners!”
Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I initially booked Beechwood House a year in advance as a surprise for my wife's 50th birthday celebrations. James the owner gave me and one of my friends a tour before we booked and I was so impressed I booked it for a long weekend for the following December at that point. The house is beautiful and the 2 adjoining studios allow a total of 15 people to stay. The icing on the cake is the indoor swimming pool. We also made use of the open log fire in the living room which was great in December. James is delightful and always very helpful when being contacted especially as I had to amend the booking to include the 2 studios at a later date as part of my booking. Although I wasn't there on arrival, James explained everything to my friends who arrived first. We also made use of local facilities. Punting in Cambridge and a meal at the six bells pub in Fulbourn. I could probably write pages in this review but we definitely did not want to leave on the Monday and everyone loved the whole weekend. My son's quote who is 21 said "One of my favourite weekends ever". We would love to return again someday.

6 Jan 2017
Many thanks for your kind words and I'm delighted you all took away such happy memories.
714woodla...
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“A warm, comfortable, fun, family home from home.”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Beechwood is spacious and comfortable. Even with three generations the house feels roomy and the garden and pool are fantastic for the children. Many a happy hour is spent splashing around or improvising games on the lawn. The house is well furnished and James is a generous host providing numerous pool towels and washing facilities etc. We have stayed four times now so it must be good!

Travelling group: Extended Family
5 Oct 2016
It was lovely to see you all again and its always nice to see Beechwood House buzzing with happy family activity!
stewi1950
east lothian
“My grandchildren want to come back every year!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Found Beechwood on line when looking for a base to attend my son's wedding near cambridge. We made a holiday week of it It. Could not have been better with space for all the family in the big house and two studios for close friends and relatives. The children absolutely loved the pool and the huge gardens to play in - we had badminton, volleyball, croquet, boules, space hoppers - great fun. Hosted a party for the bride's family on the eve of the wedding - BBQ going non stop! The outdoor dining area was superb and, as we were lucky with the weather, we dined outside a lot. Great kitchen for self catering and we did have one carry out from the Chinese in the village - which was good. Coop in the village for everyday stuff and Tesco a mile away for a big shop. James - the owner - was very friendly and helpful - even a bottle of fizzy chilling for us on our arrival! All in all a great holiday venue in a lovely village.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The gardens and the pool
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Oct 2016
It was an absolute pleasure having you all to stay and I'm delighted that you all had so much fun and took away happy memories from Beechwood House.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$468
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing