Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Hidden Gem

A small hidden gem of a wine estate in Stanford in the Whale capital of South Africa. The chenin... read more

Reviewed 3 March 2021
AndreasThieme
Johannesburg, South Africa
BLOWN away

My first visit to EATS at Springfontein Wine Estate. It was a beautiful day so they had the lunch... read more

Reviewed 13 January 2020
Yollies
SA

Recommended experiences in and around Stanford
from US$607,85
More Info
All reviews wine making wine tasting gadda da vida chenin blanc beautiful setting chef cleansers estate elizabeth flies eats webster palate sa farm
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed and dined at Springfontein on the way to Gansbaai for a shark cage diving tour, and we’re so glad to have found the place. The meal was the highlight of our trip in South Africa.

Dinner at the restaurant was one of the most memorable meals I’ve ever had. I will never forget the delicious sorrel soup I had for desert. The only way I can describe it, is that it tasted like cold sweet grass, sounds awful I know, but trust me, the deep earthy flavour made you eager to keep taking the next gulp until the bowl was empty.

The service was impeccable and they had a comprehensive wine selection. If you get the chance, I would highly recommend sampling the food at the restaurant.

Accommodation
We stayed in one of the cottages, and if you like somewhere remote, removed from the real world - this place is for you. Quiet and extremely peaceful.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 5 January 2019

My wife & I had lunch at Springfontein Eats yesterday & it was simply amazing. From the friendly greeting from Suzanne who welcomed us on our arrival to the delicious meal we enjoyed, including the surprises to the menu, the whole experience was wonderful. The entire Springfontein team went go out of their way to make our visit truly memorable in so many ways. They deserve a 5 star plus rating.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 29 November 2018

Big spacious vineyard with multiple buildings, accommodations for various group sizes and not to mention the wine was very good. Staff was friendly and helpful in explaining the various wine varieties. There was a kitchen onsite as well in another building but we were just there for a tasting. It's off a gravel road but well worth the trip.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Very good service. Very enjoyable wine tasting. Wine ambassador provided very good and friendly service and was very informative in explaining the wines we chose. Platters offered are delicious and more than enough to share and enjoy. All together, we had a great visit and experience. The chef was also very nice and addressed us at our table.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

SPRINGFONTAIN EATS is an incredible good restaurant
the chef propose very unusual dishes that match so well with the wine they produce
i'll be back this february and i'll sleep there too so next year i'll have something more to write !!!

Date of experience: November 2017