Walker Bay Estate and Birkenhead Brewery
More Information

Ways to Experience Walker Bay Estate and Birkenhead Brewery
from US$607,37
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

As a vegan we sometimes struggle in South Africa to find good food at these sorts of places. Ordered their veggie burger which was vegan and it was fantastic! Two patties with a lovely soft bun and caramelised onions. Had beer and wine tasting, which was brilliant. Got to try their 5 main beers two of which appear to have won good awards. My favourite was the American pale ale. Wines were also really great, a good variety with some really unique and tasty wines. We will be sure to take a box home!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 18 November 2018

This is a craft beer brewery also offering food in an attached restaurant. There is an enormous amount of inside and outside seating available which makes this venue suitable for large groups, families and possibly functions. Inside, the ambience is rather dull and uninspiring. However, perhaps the saving grace is the scenery with the impressive views of the mountain ridge in the distance. I was looking forward to my favourite Chocolate Stout beer which I knew from a previous visit but was informed it is no longer brewed for some unknown (to the staff) reason. The chicken of my sweet-chili and dried tomato chicken burger was dry, so was the roll and the salad - a rather disappointing food offering. Staff were at least friendly. I had a Potbelly beer which I found a bit limp for a Pilsner. In my opinion, this establishment is overrated and too expensive considering the quality of the fare.

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

The beers and cider were excellent. We had 3 great fish and chips. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Take home a Growler of your favourite beer or cider. Worth a visit if you like draught beer

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

No doubt the scenery is gorgeous while sitting in the backyard garden. However, the wine is simply not good. We did a wine tasting with 5 different red wines. Not a single one was what I'd call a good wine. As opposed to other reviews, staff was efficient and friendly.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I tried the (new to me) cider tasting and ended up buying some! Also very tasty MCC and bought some of that too! And some wine to top it all. We chose to sit at the bar counter as it was slightly chilly outside, but there are other tasting tables and areas too, in the modern facility.

Date of experience: September 2018