“Most delicious breakfast”
Review of Pablo Eggs-Go-Bar

Pablo Eggs-Go-Bar
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Melville
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We are early risers so it was really great to navigate our way without traffic to the quaint eatery at 7:30am for breakfast. No Eggs Benedict however a really interesting and different menu. I chose the salmon poached eggs and chives, my wife the Halva and yoghurt and our son the Red Shakshuka. All three absolutely delicious. Also a small range of freshly squeezed juices. I highly recommend it. Apparently you can book a table on a Saturday between 7am and 8:30am but not after that. Sounds very popular.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

The big windowed corner building makes Pablo Eggs-Go-Bar inviting. It was relatively busy when we were shown to a 2 seater, but the waiter was very at tentative and we didn’t need for anything. Juices were brought quickly and the food not too quickly. The large menu was almost overwhelming, but the upside is that for a breakfast restaurant it caters for every possible taste while the dishes being different from the norm. I went for middle eastern savoury while my partner went for sweet and we were both very satisfied. The portions were large, but even so the prices are a little steep. Being so popular, if you are more than 2 people or arrive after 8am on the weekend it would be best to book ahead. That said, it is still a place that I would like to return to due to the excellent service and for the other dishes I would like to try out.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here today. It was very busy and despite having made a reservation, they put the five of us right at the door, on a cold Johannesburg winter day.

Having moved to another table, we ordered - three of us had the red shakshuka, with great "yemeni" flat bread, fatoush salad and hummus. Great dishes, although they should have been more spicy. Great juices and coffee, also great french fries!

A major issue was the unbearable noise inside the restaurant - they will have to make a plan!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I met some girlfriends here for breakfast and had a great time. Delicious double shot cappuccinos and yummy Red Shakshuka with the most amazing flat bread. I will definitely be back to try some of the other breakfast offerings! Great service and vibe.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

When in Melville, you will most likely have a great night if you experience some Hell Fire Whiskey, and shooters at Six, in whatever order...but that's a tale for another day.

Now, about Pablo Eggs-Go Bar: I happened upon this great eatery quite by accident; I foolishly went into Melville on a Sunday night for 'one last drink before heading home'.

Being new in Joburg, my enthusiastic hosts walked me up and down 7th street, proclaiming the neighbourhood's greatness, all the while reinforcing their point by recommending all the spots we came across - Pablo Eggs-Go Bar was a favourite.

The night was eventually absorbed by daylight as I found myself heading to the hotel at 6.30am...

Shakshuka. The no.1 item on the menu and apparently the favourite too for those who have partaken in Pablo's fare. Add beef cheddar meatballs, a bloody mary and a double espresso to your meal, and the heaviness you were carrying after last night's sins are erased. You will love yourself again.

This meal was nothing short of great, and affordable. The ambience welcoming, and the staff were friendly and attentive...the proprietor even took time to have a chat with this wanderer, whose misadventures led to what is easily...an institution...in Melville.

Next time you're in Johannesburg, make sure to spend a few hours in Melville; whether you start or end your visit at Pablo Egss-Go Bar, your spirit will be well-rewarded.