All reviews other guests at home cape vidal st lucia before dinner game drives great place to stay beautiful garden night stay gated community every evening fantastic hosts stayed here for nights lovely breakfast comfortable room game park friends and family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Hosts were very nice and take care of us. They have a very friendly contact and take the time to talk and answer of your differents questions about activities in south africa
The dinner make you full for be ready to the morning safari

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2018

I was in Durban and had less than 24 hours to squeeze in a Game Drive. Gavin and the team at Wendy's got it all organised for me. I drove up in the late afternoon, they had dinner waiting for me. Then i was up at 530am for a private trip around the park that was eventful! We got a flat tyre and rescued other motorists who went off a bridge, and we saw elephants, rhino, zebra, giraffe, warthogs, impala. Gavin was upset there wer no big cats, but I was very happy.
we got back at about 12 noon and I got back to Durban airport for my 4pm flight. So whilst i only spent 1 night at Wendy it was comfortable and they looked after me very well.
It is the closest place to Durban and the park, so ideal for a quick trip to see some game.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Service is excellent. Breakfast and dinner outstanding. Management and staff very friendly and helpful. Location close to other tourist attractions - Cape Vidal, Bird Park etc. Cannot wait to return for our next visit.

Room Tip: You will not be sorry if you choose Wendy's Country Lodge.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I've stayed at Wendy's for both work and pleasure, and have been so sad to leave after each visit. The rooms are comfortable, gardens green and lovely, and food delicious. Most of all, Jenny and her wonderful staff make guests feel so at home -- arranging details of your stay beforehand, making sure everything is comfortable throughout, and providing recommendations for nearby spots to visit on your onward journey. Wish we could have stayed much longer!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Our first time at Wendy's Country Lodge and hopefully not our last. We were on our way from Durban to Tembe Elephant Park and this makes for a great break. Gavin and Jenny are friendly and enthusiastic hosts who help make your stay as rewarding as possible. Gather round the bar in the evening before dinner and Gavin creates a 'party' atmosphere where guests soon become friends. In fact all the staff are very friendly and are a great team. Dinner on our second night was rudely interrupted by a storm but the staff quickly moved us all inside with no fuss (by the way the gardens are a lovely place to take dinner and a glass of wine). Wendy's is a clean and comfortable guest lodge and we would heartily recommend a stay if you are in that area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple