Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2018

The hotel could definitely use an update but overall everything was clean and in working order. The staff was really helpful and friendly. My favorite part about the hotel is the location which made it very easy to get up before sunrise and late at night to go and check out the turtles during the nesting season. Make sure you bring a red LED light so that you don't overly disturb the turtles! I know it's inevitable that this will remain a tourist attraction but I only hope that people can try to be a bit more sensitive to the nesting process.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018

One must take into consideration that this is a smallish town in Oman. There are no Holiday Inn's etc. so you must temper your expectations. The front desk and reception team are excellent. Given what they have to work with, they are top notch. They are very accommodating and willing to assist in any way possible. The rooms are reasonable. The provide the basics; bed, TV, fridge, all which were in good working order. The rooms tend to show their age, but appeared clean. There are many great things to experience in the area. Would stay here again.
Pool was green (can imagine it is tough to maintain with heat and wind), but I did not come to lounge in the pool area

Room tip: Book early and you will get a good price.
Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank rmatis2002
Reviewed 14 April 2018

We booked at Ras Al Hadd because we wanted to go to the turtles. We paid 50 OMR for one night and that's to much money for it's value. The guest house is very basic.The refrigator was't on so we could't cool the food that we bought. The towels we got were still wet of the washing, there was no table, only one chair, there were stains on the sheets. The shower wasn't clean and wasn't working properly and the 'nozzle' fell down when we turned on the water. The internet wasn't working properly. Room was spacious but we had not view from the window. There are some kind of blinds for the windows that we couldn't open. Consequently we had to stay in a room with the curtains closed and the lights on. Walk to the beach is nice and we even saw some turtle swimming in a distance. We tried to call to the turtle reserve several times and book for the evening tour. We also sended an email. Still no answer. What a disappointment. The breakfast at the guest house is very simple. We had to eat on a table where you play table tennis at and on cardboard plates. The toasts were really like rubber, the milk (with already conrflakes in it) wasn't cold, the water in the bottle was lukewarm, ... . From the breakfast area you have a stunning view to the beach, but there were a lot of stains on the windows. The airco wasn't working so it was quite warm to sit there and have breakfast. When we looked down there was a lot of waste next to the used sheets. Those were lying on the ground. There is no elevator in the building. Staff was very friendly and helped us with our luggage to the third floor. Lucky we stayed only for one night. Then we moved on to Sur (Zaki hotel). This was much better and even cheaper. You better can stay at Sur and then drive to Ras Al Had (about 35mins.) I do not recommend the guest house to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I am astonished at the good reviews of this place. It was appalling and would suggest that if you can you should do your best to avoid it, although it's an area where the choice of places to stay is poor, which is how I guess they get away with it. I rarely leave poor reviews of places, but here goes with Ras Al Hadd Guesthouse. Some of the things I list may seem trivial, but the sum of these parts led to us checking out a day early (no refund) and move to Muscat for our final day - what a relief, and for less money. This place is extremely poor value and the only upside (nothing to do with the guesthouse) was that we got to see turtles at Ras al Jinz.

Firstly - a huge knot of black hair greeted us in the shower - lovely - not belonging to any of us.

So - we booked dinner by phone - 3 meat, 1 veggie. The veggie came with meat, they replaced it with a plate of rice scattered with a few tinned veg - inedible, dry and stodgy but the same cost as chicken Biryani. I get this is a small place with a small kitchen but I was told I'd be getting biryani with vegetable.

There were water heaters - it wouldn't have killed the staff to either turn them on when we arrived in the room (they came up with us after all) or let us know they would need to be turned on. We were tired and didn't notice the heater. In the six days we have been in Oman this was the first time we had encountered this - in the apartment we stayed in Nizwa (again much cheaper) the concierge turned the heater on when we got to the room. So it was a cold shower before 'dinner'. They'd asked what time we wanted 'dinner' and knocked ages before the time we had said. So, if they want to set the time why not say so, we would have been fine with that. Instead our daughter was still in the tepid shower.

We visited the turtles and were shattered after a late night and a long day travelling - so asked for breakfast at 9am - the manager asked us on arrival what time we would like it and again didn't say at the time that would be a problem. Our kids (and us) wanted a lie - in - so imagine our delight when the phone blasted away at 7.40am asking us what time we wanted breakfast...

Breakfast - where to begin...every breakfast in Oman until we arrived at this guesthouse had been wonderful - hummus, flatbreads, fruit etc. Here it was 4 x slices of tepid, soggy toast, 5 slices of white sliced bread (9 slices of bread for breakfast - 9!!) The most bizarre concoction of cornflakes in a plastic cup with warm milk...my daughter said it tasted like vinegar. Tepid omelette. The juice was ok, I guess, and the bananas. There was so much food left on other tables - bread everywhere, so they clearly don't take a hint and it was terribly wasteful.

Metal shutters cover the windows and are screwed in place, so there's no natural light in the rooms, adding to the grim prison-like atmosphere. So the only place with natural light in the place is the communal balcony.

I can't say what a relief it was to drive away from this place. Refund or no refund for the second night. The manager did ask if there was a problem when we checked out and why we hadn't mentioned it if there was - to be honest there seemed little point - what was likely to change? We were in a rush to get out and see the turtles. We did ask for a partial refund of the 'veggie' dinner - but he refused that. He said we should have mentioned something at the time - we did to the guy who served us but he didn't respond. The only refund we received was for the breakfast on the second day - which we weren't there for. We will be taking it up with Booking.com.

Wifi doesn't work.

My advice if you are thinking of booking - don't. I heard other guests grumbling too.

Room tip: Go elsewhere!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018

located in Al Hadd. I met the friendliest dog who shakes hands and is an absolute joy. The dog lives right next to the hotel. the employees are great but the owner isnt too friendly with the dog and that is upsetting. He is a black dog and I named him Harry, please make sure to give the dog some attention, I miss him very much. The guesthouse is actually on the old runway. its ok to drive your rental on the runway to the guesthouse. gas station near by, good restaurants also. they are down the main road you will see them on your way to the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017