“SeaScape/Castara - a very special place”
other travellers have booked this property
Balcony Living area
'Heavenly Bay'
'Heavenly Bay'
Castara
Full kitchen
The beach at 'Heavenly Bay'
Village veggi stand
Local Restaurant
Calm surf on 'Heavenly Bay'
View from the front door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Norwegian first
Any
AvidWorld...
California
“SeaScape/Castara - a very special place”
Reviewed 26 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

We spent a week in WaveSong and my sister and family stayed in the two bedroom Sunset apartment. The location/setting was perfect for a family get-together with something for everyone - birds, beach, waves, reef, views. The apartment layouts are thoughtfully designed and impart a sense of privacy and cosiness. The dining table in Sunset seats six comfortably, and I particularly liked the uncluttered interior of WaveSong - open the balcony doors and enjoy the sea view from the bed. The gorgeous beach is mere steps away and ideal for young kids and adults alike. For snorkellers the reef is right on your doorstep (right-hand side of Heavenly Bay and around the headland) and easily accessible from the beach - we saw rays, moray eels, lobster and barracuda. We had planned to explore further afield, but in the end no one felt the need to leave Castara. The bay is west facing, so sunsets from the balcony are a daily delight. The only downside is that SeaScape gets the full blast of the afternoon sun (close the louvers and crank up the fan). You are in fairly close proximity to neighbours in the Blue Mango and the Beach House, but the sound of the waves drowns out all but the loudest of noise. The village was pleasantly quiet at night, with the exception of the Wednesday night revelry at the Boathouse. We enjoyed the steel pan and drumming, but the late night/early morning partying was one of the few downsides (it even drowned out the roosters!). Torches/flashlights and binoculars provided in the rooms are a nice touch. Bring mosquito repellant (the nets have holes) and ground coffee (the village sells very low quality, if they have any in stock at all). The taxi service through David/Rollins is great - the young guys are punctual, safe drivers, and very reliable. The whole experience was close to perfection, and this is in large part due to staying at SeaScape/Castara - a very special place.

Dwightmus...
Denver
“A wonderful escape”
Reviewed 20 February 2012 for a stay in November 2011

I stayed at SeaScape in November for Thanksgiving break. Communications and arrangements all went very smoothly. The beach is 100 steps down where you can visit with other travellers at the beachside restaurant. The view is as spectacular as you see in all of the photos. I did cook a few times and the kitchen was well-equipped.

Travelling group: Solo
RossandJa...
Edmonton, AB
“Exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed 8 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012

If you are looking for tranquillity, peace, wave sounds and a laid back atmosphere, this is the place. We spent 5 nights in late January 2012 in Wave Song. The unit was very clean, the kitchen was well equipped and we did cook a number of our meals. Dining on the balcony with moonlight and crashing waves is an experience we will not forget. The caretakers, Rolling & Lavorne were wonderful hosts and gave us many hints on the local sites to visit, where to eat, etc. Being so close to the beach was a definite plus and Heavenly Bay is quiet and the swimming very safe. We would highly recommend Seascape.

Travelling group: Couples
Guido S
Florence, Italy
“Very beautiful”
Reviewed 29 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We stayed at Seascape in July 2011 for 10 days in the Sunset apt. We were 2 adults, me and my wife, and three kids, 1, 9, and 11 years old.
The house is very good for a family, with two large bedrooms and an excellent kitchen and dining room, with a view more than spectacular. In the morning you can look the sea and the sunset is a very good moment.......
Rolling, the man who follows the houses, was very kind and available, despite the birth of a baby in the days we were there.
I can surely recommend this sistemation!!!!
Guido S.Florence, Italy

Cleanliness
gigi g
Buffalo, New York
“Family and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay at Seascape”
Reviewed 16 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed Seascape. David was quick to respond to my inquiry as I was a bit last minute with the booking. The caretaker Rolling and his wife were really sweet and welcoming. The place itself was tasteful-vacation/cottage vibe but modern and clean. The view is spectacular. The kitchen was well stocked. Some beer and water were complimentary. There was a boogie board and binoculars that my nephew enjoyed. Castara in general is my favorite spot in Tobago. We had a really positive experience all around. We took some day excursions and were always happy to return to seascape to rest. My only complaints was that the fridgerator wasn't working perfectly (but i brought it to owners attention) and the circular mosquito nets are not my personal favorite. In my opinion these complaints are so minor. I highly recommend seascape and any of Davids properties. Also seemed that the village had a positive opinion of David and his wife, which was nice to hear.

Value Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing