All reviews old world charm live music great atmosphere old style fish and chips lovely hotel last weekend salmon both nights bay window great weekend lovely view four poster bed beautiful island staff were very friendly saturday night car ferry
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Restaurant is part of hotel situated oposite to harbour for ferry between Knightstown - Reenond Point. We stay there after trip around island for lunch. Very good meals, chowder soup as well and drinks too.

Room Tip: We visited restaurant only
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Located at the end of beautiful Valentia island in Knight’s Town, this hotel is perfectly situated for a breathtaking, wind-swept getaway to the remote end of the Iveragh Peninsula.

However, I now wish I had booked with a b&b. Especially at the hotel price. I was here for one night and I could hear, it seemed, every sound from the room next to me, even conversation-level noises carried through the walls, unfortunately. I did not sleep well. But the worst were the beautiful, authentic, yet horribly creaky wooden floors which carried through my doorway even more loudly than the voices in the room next door. And although I did follow the instructions of “please running the hot water in the sink before utilizing the shower” I still got a very noticeable hot and cold oscillation ever 30 seconds or so from the shower head.

Staff friendly, food good, location great, walls very thin, plumbing old. Earns average rating from me for the noise; I would dread being an average tourist here for a wedding weekend...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The Royal Valentia Hotel is in a fantastic location if you get the weather the setting is spectacular.The staff are excellent very friendly while providing excellent service.From arrival to departure.The bar food is very good great value for money .This is a fantastic venue for a wedding or any celebration.The Hotel obviously have a great housekeeping staff it is spotless.we stayed In a superior twin room which as stated was spotless and well equipped the bathroom was however very small but manageable and the AC was not working .However that aside I would highly recommend this hotel exceptional value in a spectacular setting.I will definitely return

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing location right in front of the bay which is stunning early in the morning! So close to Port Magee too for a trip to the Skelligs. The staff here are very friendly. I am sad that the food has considerable room for improvement and the rooms are dated and small. We paid extra for a 4 poster bed which was only a double size and a tight fit in the room. The shower unit, although standalone, it so small one can't bend down easily.

Please Hotel Valentia have a little refresh and perhaps reduce the meal range to really focus on some fantastic dishes. We want you to succeed!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

A friendly, well managed hotel. Full of character, clean and everything works. Bar and restaurant staff very welcoming and professional. The food is a high standard and the general feel is relaxing and friendly. Certainly worth the extra few Km to get here off the beaten track. Get the ferry in the morning from across the road and enjoy the peace.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business