Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

European summer 2018. In Gernsbach outdoor tempeeature 34 C . In our room temperature 27-29C day and night. Ceiling fan is more like decoration, does not cool hot air at all. Luckily we had one powwrful table fan with us to help a little.
But impossible to sleep well in such warm room temperature.
If this room would have aircon, I would easily give 3 points. Building is beautiful. Room is nice. Spanish style decoration is nice. Bathroom is big enough, water pressure is good. But towels stank sour, not possible to use so we used towels we had with us. Room has fridge and set of dishes, coffee machine and kettle.
Breakfast is not included in price but worrh paying 8€. Breakfast room is nice terrace. This hotel has quite large green backyard.
Free parking is right in front of door.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here at Christmas for five nights. The apartment was really lovely, so nicely furnished and decorated and it was also spotlessly clean. There are plenty of walking paths too just behind the structure and so you can have a nice relaxing break. The only slight criticism we had was regarding the towels, I think since you pay a lot for a beautiful place also the towels should be of a higher standard. I can't comment on breakfast as it wasn't included in the room rate and since we cooked we just made breakfast ourselves. We'll definitely come back here the next time we come to the area.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed at the hotel over a long weekend. We booked a junior suite and got Apartment Nr. 3. It has lovely views over the mountains and you could see Schloss Eberstein from the bed. The decor is warm and homely. There is a bar fridge, coffee maker, cutlery and kettle in the room. I loved the big shower. Breakfast was served every morning. It is a normal German breakfast with bread, cold meats, cheese, fruits and eggs. There is a self serve Bar. The gardens are beautiful and well kept. The service was friendly and welcoming. You feel very private there. Restaurants with in walking distance. The hotel does not have a restaurant anymore. They only serve breakfast. There was a Iron and Ironing board in the room as well as a hairdryer. Free Wi-Fi

Room tip: Apartment 3 had windows on two sides. Beautiful views. One side on the street but did not find it too noisy
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Beautiful clean room and bathroom with balcony overlooking garden. Kitchen really well equipped with fridge, stove top, microwave, coffee machine, kettle etc. A selection of DVD's and CD's were in the room for our use and teabags and coffee were complimentary also. Cant fault the breakfast either, it was excellent.The whole place is almost magical with its quirky design features, I wish we had stayed longer and hope to return.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I loved staying at Hotel Romantiklandhaus.
A coworker recommended the Hotel Romatiklandhaus and I am so glad they did. I spent 4 nights at this hotel and loved it. The place is beautiful, the owners are kind and attentive, the location is perfect.

We were greeted from our journey by the owners and offered complimentary drinks and then shown to our rooms. The rooms are beautiful. Nothing has been overlooked. These pictures do not do justice to the comfortable suite.

The location is very convenient. It is about 100 m to the start of a trail up the Black Forest and also an easy walk to all the restaurants in Gernsbach.

The owners were also very helpful and arranged for me a bicycle to rent and showed me a good trail for my ride. They were very attentive and excellent hosts during the stay.

If you have opportunity to visit the area, I recommend the Hotel Romantiklandhaus Hazienda. I have also stayed at the Dorint in Baden Baden and would recommend Romantiklandhaus is far superior.

Date of stay: July 2017