Reviews (1 189)
1 189 results
1 040
1 040
All reviews outdoor shower hillside suite plunge pool our honeymoon organic garden every meal hill side water sports golf cart red flag mini bar through customs surround sound secluded beach huge bathroom beach service every staff member
17 - 22 of 1 189 reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

This review is extremely late in coming due to life events and for this we apologize to the hotel, its fantastic staff, and to you the reader.

My wife and I spent a too short week at the hotel last February just after completion of my wife’s breast cancer surgeries and radiation treatments. From the meet and greet at the airport, through the guided tour of the island in route to the hotel, reception and a golf cart ride to our hill top villa, our introduction to Hermitage Bay was a fantastic beginning of a week’s stay that can only be called beyond beyond expectations.

Suffice it to say at this juncture that we are returning this January for an even longer visit.

Over the past 40 years, my wife and I have traveled all of the Caribbean and most of Europe. We have never felt as being as much at home as we have at HB. The staff knows your name, they know what you like - what you don’t and when you want what you want. I can’t explain to you the joy that I had each evening when my “drink” was brought to the table before I asked. The small things are what make a hotel great and great hotels make lasting memories. This is HB.

Our room and daily service was impeccable. Every amenity was within reach and in plenty supply. The outdoor shower was the perfect cap to a day in the sun. Because of our plunge pool, there were some days that we only left our villa for dinner.

The food .... ok, you’re on an island, in the Caribbean and there for a week ... so expect greatness because that’s what you’re going to receive. We were never bored by the menu, special orders were graciously handled and table service was smart and professional.

There is more to say and if you would like a personal interaction please email me at auerbach@auerbachlaw.com. I’ll get back to you.

And to the hotel staff, from the bottom of my heart - thank you for our stay and we are looking forward to seeing you just after the new year.

BTW - the attached photo was taken at midnight

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Auerbach
AndyThesen, Owner at Hermitage Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Auerbach

Thank you for your review - better late than never. Someone just reminded me that I hadn't responded so I apologise for being late too. We re-opened on 10th October after our annual closure for refurbishment. This year we built a brand new kitchen so things have been a little hectic.

We were all delighted to read your review and thank you for the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Before we left for Hermitage Bay, we read all the reviews from all the previous guests. This resort is without a doubt an experience anyone that is looking for total relaxation and being pampered must try at least once in their life if not more. The bar has definitely been set extremely high for any other traditional resorts to compare. The staff is what makes this resort the kind it is. From the minute you step down from the car to the minute you get back to come home, you are spoiled to no end. A lot of credit needs to be granted to the staff who look after your every need from sunrise to sunset. They are all extremely beautiful, generous and go out of their way daily to insure you’re taken care of. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the food. Do yourself a favour, fast a week before you go to Hermitage Bay, because the food is off the chart.Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well appointed. We stayed at a beach front suite, but will definitely stay at a plunge pool suite next time.
1  Thank l0gh0

Dear L0gh0

Thank you for your review and kind words. I was delighted to hear that you felt that the staff make all the difference. I think you're spot on and it's great for the whole team to hear recognition for their efforts on this review site.

Thank you once more. We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We returned to Hermitage Bay after a year and a half to be greeted as we if never left. It was great seeing all the staff that we got to know on our first visit. Everything was as great if not better than remembered. It is truly the most welcoming, comfortable and enjoyable resorts we have ever been to. The accommodations, food and property are nothing short of amazing. I can not speak highly enough on how we feel about this place. We are already planning our next stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brucee65165

Dear brucee65165

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your return visit. I was delighted to hear that you thought it was even better than lat time.

We're all looking forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards

Reviewed 22 August 2018

First, I am not one to write reviews. However, I feel I must take the time to write about Hermitage Bay, and honestly can sum it up in one word, FANTASTIC. I researched several places for our Honeymoon and ultimately choose Hermitage. This was the most beautiful and relaxing place we could have hoped for. The pictures on their website and those on Trip Advisor from other travelers are exactly what you get. Just amazing. We stayed in a beachfront suite the first half of the week and then moved to a Hillside suite for the last half. I scheduled this because I could not make the decision prior which one seemed better. And because the reviews of each were both equally great. If you are going to stay there for several nights, I suggest trying both. The proximity to the beach/ocean and the restaurant/bar/pool made the beachfront suite a fantastic choice. I could walk out and only after a few steps I am in the ocean. And if we needed to run back into the suite for some reason it was only steps away no matter where we were. Now, the hillside suite also had its own set of special qualities. The privacy was great and the views from up there are phenomenal. The private dip pool was also amazing. We just sat in it and stared at the amazing view sipping cool drinks. Now the greatest part of Hermitage Bay is the fantastic people who work there. From the gardeners and maintenance folks, to the housekeeping staff, to the waiters and waitresses/bartenders, cooks, beach personnel, and management, etc., (in fear of leaving someone out by accident, I didn’t want to mention names, but I will mention Mekele (did I spell that right?) , a special hug to you from us!!!), each and every one of you made us feel welcome, special, and part of your family. You all did more than we asked to ensure our stay with you all was truly magical. And I ensure you it was. Thank you everyone there! The last thing I will say is I have never returned to the same “vacation” spot twice in my life. Not necessarily because it was a bad trip, but just because I have always been “let’s try something different and/or let’s see something new”.TO THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AT HERMITAGE BAY, WE WILL BE BACK AND WE MISS YOU ALL ALREADY! Thank you for making our Honeymoon the best! ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF!!Love Tina and Brandt

Room Tip: If you are there for several nights, try the beachfront AND the Hillside! BOTH GREAT!
2  Thank btichacek
AndyThesen, Owner at Hermitage Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear btichacek

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, particularly since you don't normally do them. I was interested to hear that you tried both the Beachfront and Hillside Pool Suites and recommend that others try both. I think its a great idea. I have slept in just about every single one and am still amazed how different the experience is in each one. I tend to chose the Beachfront now when I stay because I like the greater sense of space inside. I love the natural sounds but surprisingly the sound of the sea doesn't seem to diminish as you go up the hill.

Great to hear you're planning on coming back. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 22 August 2018

All of the positive reviews are absolutely true. The accommodations were pristine. Overall, the level of service was the best I’ve had on any trip anywhere. Each member of the staff was friendly and prompt. The food options were plentiful and tasty. This is the perfect getaway for an anniversary or honeymoon.

Room Tip: Tough call as to whether to pick beachside or hillside but we very much enjoyed the splash pool, privacy and view of our hillside cabana.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you found it such a calming place. That's what we aimed for when we built it 12 year ago.

Best wishes