All reviews opposite hotel smaller pool fantastic room night market phu quoc swimming pool private beach main building cleaned every morning nice bathroom bath towels paradise island easy access beachfront bungalow min walk lovely pool motorbike hire
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel staff were incredible, friendly and welcoming. Especially the receptionist Le Ny. We wanted a few nights stay on Long Beach as part of our honeymoon as we travelled Vietnam. This resort was more than accommodating, upgrading our room to a private bungalow away from everyone. We liked the place so much, we came back and booked another two nights stay, where we were upgraded AGAIN to an even better room over looking the beach with a private balcony (where the sunset photo was taken).

The area is perfect, only a walk away from lots of bars and restaurants. Although the food was great at the hotel. The whole resort is surprisingly peaceful for its size, we expected to hear people all the time but we always left in peace. The pool is large and great for kids and the private beach is very clean and well maintained.

By far, the best resort I've ever stayed at!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I would like to express my gratitude to you and all your staff for making my holiday in Vietnam
so very enjoyable. My son and myself stayed at your resort for four nights from the 13th to the 17th December and enjoyed ourselves so much with your beautiful hospitality we decided to return for Christmas with our family. All of your staff made us feel so welcome, with kind smiles and friendly greetings, from the front desk , the cleaners, the cooks, the waiters, the groundsmen, the security are all an exceptional staff and I could not praise them enough.

A highlight of our stay was the magnificent Christmas Eve dinner on the beach. An absolutely fantastic and enjoyable evening. The delicious assortment of food and drink together with the very enjoyable entertainment and smiling staff made for a very Merry Christmas my family and myself will always cherish. A great night was had by all. I have travelled and stayed at many hotels around the world and have found your staff amongst the most obliging, friendly and courteous we have ever come across. Once again congratulations on having such a happy resort and organising such a magnificent Christmas dinner, We shall be recommending your resort to all our friends back home.
We wish you all a very healthy and happy New Year

Room Tip: I found the view from he tower room across the pool and over the sea fantastic
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2016

First two days everything was fine to the point that we decided to extend our holiday a few more days.

The day before Christmas Eve we were told by staff that they had a gala dinner on the 4th and that all guests had to attend at a cost of $70 per person, with live music from 8 to 12, bbq and free flow of beer and soft drinks; we did not like the imposition,not to mention the steep price, especially considering local prices, but we accepted.

We spent most of the 24th on an excursion, arrived at 5pm, and 5.15 the nightmare started with extremely loud house music, and when I mean extremely loud, I mean it: had to close all doors and windows and even though we had trouble talking to each other, the floor vibrating,... My wife called reception and she was told they were testing the equipment, and when asked they recognised that the promised "live"music was actually a d-j, who would be playing that kind of music all night long at that volume.

We then decided to cancel the dinner. After 90 minutes of testing the equipment I went to reception to complain again. The same person within seconds told me that they had problem with the equipment, that the music started at 6, at 8, at 7.30 and that they were doing it to please the guests for Christmas.

I told her I was a guest and I was not pleased, and that in no country in the world do people celebrate Christmas dinner with terrible house music at a hurting level. She then said that she knew many guests did not like it, but that the owner wanted it. She then told me that we could go to another resort if we did not like it.

To that we could add cleaning staff that shout to each other early in the morning outside your door until you get up, so that they can clean the room soon, so forget about sleeping past 7am.

On the last that staff was knocking on our door at 12 sharp because they wanted us to leave the room for other guests.

I live in Vietnam and been travelling the country thoroughly. Sadly it does not matter how beautiful the country is, and all the natural beauty and great food it has to offer, as long as Viets dont realise that in hospitality they need to cater for their guests rather than for their personal wishes, people will continue to be dissatisfied and grow the current high 93% of tourists who will never return due to bad experiences.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alfredoy2k
Reviewed 24 December 2016

If you don’t attend the hotel's Christmas dinner, you are told to check out regardless whether your room has already been paid. The Christmas dinner is mandatory. It costs 7o USD per person, for which you’ll get a buffet dinner offering spring rolls, salad and grilled fish. This is way too much money in Vietnam, where a whole grilled red snapper costs 6 USD. We travel a lot in the world, also in Asia, which we love. Never has it happened that we have been forced and blackmailed to attend a hotel function. The sales manager is very rude and unprofessional. It is rare to find such an unpleasant person in the hotel industry. She might want to think about that 1.) this is a service they offer for money 2.) she has a job and a salary because of us, because we come here and spend money. Telling a guest, laughing, that if you don’t attend the dinner, you are kicked out of the hotel, is unacceptable and inappropriate. It is not about the money, it is the attitude. In their emails they totally misled us because they made it seem that this dinner was optional. They said the room rate came with the dinner i.e. 70 USD (which is not true because it was by person and it was not listed on Agoda) and was waiting for our confirmation whether or not we would attend. After we paid for the room via Agoda, they said we should cancel the reservation if we did not go to the dinner. I am considering leaving a review at every forum possible, including agoda, expedia, hotels.com etc. because this is an unfair business behaviour.
Other than that , the hotel has a direct access to the beach. there are bungalows with garden view and ocean view and there is a main building with 4 levels. The whole area looks nice and pretty. The ocean view bungalow is big and has a terrace with a beautiful view on the Gulf of Thailand. From 24 Dec till 30 Dec there is live music and disco until midnight on the beach, which is next to your room. The room is clean, but it smells like sour milk. The bed is comfortable, clean and big. The bathroom looks nice but not practical.The lights are terrible, especially above the mirror. There is a slim line shower head which makes the pressure even lower than it is. If you have long hair, it will be a hassle to wash out the shampoo. The water is hot but there is mold in the shower. Breakfast is average. There is no iron in the room and they don’t provide you with one even if you request it. You have to use their ironing service. Beach towels are provided.
Overall, this hotel would have potentials and could be a lovely place because it is pretty, the location is good, the beach is beautiful, the water is clear, the staff is nice. Despite all these assets, I will rate it as poor because ripping off the guests and taking them for a fool is not okay. I wish they had been able to handle this Xmas Dinner issue as professionals. It will be hard to think back to this place without a bad taste in our mouths. I will never recommend this place to any of my friends or family who plan to spend their holiday and money in Phu Quoc.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ColoBella
Reviewed 24 December 2016

Nice hotel with great facility, staff, location. We almost love everything here. It's not too far from the town, easy to find restaurants, rented motorcycle, small shops. And resort and room facility are pretty nice, including large room, comfortable bed, private beach, swimming pool. My family and my friend's family (with little kids) have great time here.

And actually the king bed room in booking.com/hotels.com actually a queen and a full bed in room.

Room Tip: I love the ocean view room, the 2nd floor beachfront room should be good too.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family