All reviews varied breakfast phu quoc sister hotel vietnamese noodle spa facilities nice pool western options very nice stay stayed nights cleaned daily beautiful beach clean rooms free upgrade swimming pool famiana motorbike island
Reviewed 26 March 2018

The Langchia Restaurant at the main street looks friendly from outside, but I experienced a very bad service.

I was sitting there for more then 10 minutes, the staff was busy with their phones and not giving me attention. I had to go to the bar to ask for service.

When I ordered, I very clearly explained that I would like to have first the salad as a starter and then the main dish. They did not care and I had to start with the main dish and after a while a different salad as I ordered was served. I explained, that I not wanna have a salad with bacon, but that they not have to make anymore the salad I ordered, because I was already disappointed about the attitude they showed me.

When I tried to pay, nobody gave me attention, so I went again to the bar. There I met the owner lady who was angry, that I rejected the salad, which I not ordered. In that moment I understood why the whole Langchia Restaurant has not a good service.

"The fish starts to smell from the had!"

Langchia Restaurant - never again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank janeN7117IA
LangchiaVillage, Langchia Village team at Langchia Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jan E
Thank you for taking your valued time to share experience when travelling to Phu Quoc.

However, there might be some misunderstanding happened since our hotel is Lancghia Village, not langchia Hostel. We hope that if any chance next time, we would like to welcome you back to Phu Quoc and let us have you in our care.
Should you need any information, please feel free to conact us by our email info.langchiavillage@gmail.com.

Sincerely yours,
Langchia Village team.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I was debating between 3 and 4 stars.
Pros:
- beautiful garden and great pool
- close to the beach 5 mins walk and in a good location. Plenty of good restaurants nearby.
- ok breakfast
- room has a beautiful porch overseeing the pool

Cons:
- very weak shower, cannot control temperature
- they don’t change sheets everyday
- bed cover is too thin

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bassam J

Dear Bassam J,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to read your positive comments regarding our resort, offerings and team members. Your constructive comments on how we can continuously approve.

We are looking forward for your return in our little hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We had a very nice stay in this lovely place where the garden and the pool offer a moment of relaxation after driving on a motorbike through the hectic traffic on the island.
The bungalow is very comfortable and room-service comes every day to change towels and/or sheets.
You have free access with a special pass to the beach across the road.
Nice breakfast buffet every morning.
Thanks to Shana for her warm welcome and helpful tips for restaurants.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ThierryFroger,

Thank you very much for your most generous review and for sharing your “Peaceful hotel in a lovely garden” experience at our resort on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and to count you as our valued returning guest. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 24 January 2018

In all the places we stayed in Vietnam this was by far the worst, despite being the most expensive. Almost everything was way below expectation. The receptionists were cold and unhelpful and difficult to find, the room was unacceptable, there was construction going on nearby, we only were given a sheet for bedding and we were badly bitten by mosquitoes.

On arrival we were shown to a room which was not the one we paid for - it had black mould on the bathroom walls and was nothing like the photos. We explained this to the receptionist who said that they were old photos and we should accept it. Eventually after much pleading we were given another room which was better but still not what we paid for. We booked four nights in advance but left after two because of the reasons mentioned above, but also as both of us were bitten by mosquitoes worse than I've ever experienced before. Probably not helped by the stagnant water outside the room.

When we left we asked for some kind of partial refund and then when we returned we emailed about this, but never heard anything back. Never any kind of apology either.

Apparently the place is under new ownership, so probably best to ignore a lot of the positive reviews from before.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MattyG1975
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

A tranquil oasis. Stayed in A5 bungalow overlooking the pool. The hostess Shana was really excellent and offered great restaurant advice to get affordable top class authentic Vietnamese food. The beautiful beach is easily accessible via the sister hotel Famiana.

Breakfast is meagre, but sufficient for small eaters. With the numerous waterways around the place I would not recommend this place for unsupervised children under 3 years

There is a lot of construction going on Phu Quoc so would not recommend staying at the sister hotel until you are satisfied that construction at the 3 sites around it are complete,

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Onlyoneworld,

Thank you for your resoundingly positive review, delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that our service teams took great care of you throughout your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely yours