Hotels.com
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2019 via mobile

Our visit here was a bit disappointing. The Schloss itself is quite nice and clean, and staff are friendly and helpful. But the ‘garden’ at the back of the hotel is not very well maintained. The big minus is the restaurant – the only one in the immediate neighborhood. There’s only a fixed menu (choice of 2 main courses) and food is average at best. Visitors that come by car find much better restaurants in the town of Waren, not very far away.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esquared1961
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Decent and free wifi throughout rather surprised us; its quite a roomy and extensive building in a grand style. Staff in general and the reception in particular were very friendly and courteous. Our room looked out over the lake and, while neither modern nor new, was comfortable, spacious and clean. We hired 2 bikes for a day and enjoyed the experience. There is a pool and wellness centre which we didn't try (though it was incl in the price). Breakfast had variety; the coffee was a bit feeble though - a pity as it tends to colour your reaction to the whole place.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 25 June 2015

This schloss (castle) looks like and old palace, with a great sourrondings, it's difficult to reach because there are no airports near, we arrived from Hamburg, 2h30min driving.
Manteinance is perfect and rooms are clean, bathroom really nice! Bed is big and comfortable, wooden floors.
The lake next to the hotel gives to the environment an appear of being in a fairy tale, absolutely amazing the landscape, a fantastic place to forget the world and recover energy.

Room tip: Highest floor! lake view!
Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel through Secret Escapes (our first booking) and the price was fairly reasonable. We were assigned to the Coach House which was perhaps 50 meters away from the main castle. The cleaning lady who happened to be downstairs as we arrived, helped carry my bags up the 18 steps. ater I saw that I could have asked for help but no one mentioned this at the reception check-in desk. Bedroom was on a par with a broom closet due to the dormer. If the ceilings had not been slanted, the room still would have been rather small but no other rooms were available. The TV, and lamp took up most of the desk space and as the desk was in front of the dormer window, I had to climb onto a chair to close the curtains each evening and open them each morning for the three nights we stayed there. There were two chairs in the room but both were set under the slanted ceilings and were therefore not useable. Otherwise, the room had a bed, a cupboard and a luggage stand. We barely had enough room to walk on each side of the bed. The bathroom was beautifully appointed but due to the slanted ceilings again, it was impossible to open the door all the way and the space between the sink and the shower left me wishing I had lost a few pounds before our trip! By turning sideways and holding your breath, one managed to just squeeze through. I had to climb up in the dormer area in the bathroom with the magnified make-up mirrow in order to get on my make-up. There was not enough light in the bedroom for putting on make-up and one could forget about reading. There just wasn't enough light. Suggestion: more light in both bedroom and bathroom and also placing the TV on the wall across from the bed might solve some of the problems. Although WLAN was listed as being available, neither my husband nor I could get a signal and finally had to give up. As this was the only way we had planned to keep in touch with the family, that was a big minus. Breakfast was delicious, served in a winter garden and the staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were lovely, spacious and well planned. The space leading down to a small lake was outfitted with lawn chairs and we enjoyed the peace and quiet. All in all, I would not come here again unless I knew we would have a larger room and a view of the lake. In all fairness, it is possible that the booking agency only books this small room for the price that we paid. Of course, such rooms are never shown on hotel websites. We did not use the spa area although we both had a card for 10 Euro off for any treatments. I did see quite a few people going in and out of that area however so the hotel appears to be popular for that reason also.

Room tip: Room 421 was very very small and is up 18 steps without a lift. If you have problems with walking, that is a problem.
Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank southernbell62
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Gross Plasten is minutes away from a busy town, but you wouldn't know it! We had a room with a balcony in the annex that had a little balcony that viewed the nearby pond. Very restful! The breakfast was very good. The staff is very friendly. We especially enjoyed Sabine and Marcus. Our only negative comment is that there is no wifi in the room. You must go down to the lobby to log on. So, we got a break from technology also! Otherwise, a very nice hotel!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony in the annex.
Date of stay: July 2014