My review seems to echo what a said by another guest some time ago .
The setting itself is amazing so beautiful and it's ideally located to visit all sorts of attractions whatever your interests.
We were well prepared with suitable footwear and a 4x4 so no issues with accessibility.
It's just the little things that were promised that were not there.
* the village shop is no more so it's a drive to get supplies
* no paper or kindling for the wood burner so no heating on the first night . Surprised this was not checked by house keeper as the place appeared recently clean. We would have brought our own if we had known
* the flue to burner needed sweeping .the draw was really bad and it also made the room smell
* we had no mobile signal on two different networks despite the comment regarding the booster. Sounds idealic until one of you falls ill
* two bath towels are not enough for a week with no radiators to dry them . Not a massive problem and we would have brought our own but when a listing says something is provided you expect it to be .
* we didn't mind as we don't use them but think it needs stating that there's no electric kettle .toaster. microwave etc so guests buy groceries accordingly.
Such a fantastic place with everything you need! So much walking and cycling in the surrounding area or perfect to just chill out with a book and a fire! It was our second stay and definitely won't be the last!
We loved the isolated location - only cows for neighbours. The barn has been beautifully converted into a cosy and comfortable home. It is amazing to wake up to a view down the glen through the gable end window.
We were looking for a place where we could really switch off and Ballibrad was perfect. With no wifi or phone signal ( there is a signal booster but thankfully it didn't work for us ) we had no choice but to leave work behind and relax. After one week of walking, reading and watching DVDs we were thoroughly refreshed. The main problem was leaving!
It is such a beautiful area with plenty of interest in the locality. The hills and wild life were the attraction for us but it is a place of particular archaeological interest and the coastline is spectacular.
Lindsey and Graham made us very welcome and were extremely quick in answering our queries. The house had everything we needed and was immaculately clean. We had no problem with the access track, despite some wonderfully wild weather, providing we went slowly but it would not be suitable for a low slung vehicle.
We had a great week and very much hope to be able to go back.