Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews game drives cape buffalo tented camp yum yum the river special dinner scenic flight big boy welcome song wild dogs animal sitings amazing safari experience first stop water buck three weeks spent two nights loved every minute
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2019

What makes Linyanti Bush Camp stand out above all the other places we visited in Botswana was how personal and intimate our experience there was. Evelyn, our hostess, coordinated everything and took care of our every need seamlessly. She truly was a *hostess* in that she not only arranged our schedule, including our walking safari and helicopter ride (amazing), but she was like--Hmm, the entire camp was like visiting distant cousins who welcome you to their home. And Evelyn is the lady of the house, your hostess and your cousin. We had a number of relaxed talks with her, over the fire at breakfast, at dinner, when we relaxed, not just about what we were doing and seeing, but about her life and ours. Getting to know each other.

Des, our guide, knew so much about the animals and the environment. He was a joy. And again, we talked with him casually about life things like he was someone we were visiting at home, not like someone with whom we had a mostly professional relationship. He joked with us (my wimpy inability to tolerate the hot chili) and we felt really as if we had made a friend, as well admired not only his knowledge but his passion for the wildlife of the area.

While the people made this camp one of the best experiences of our entire trip to Botswana, I have to also mention the food. This is the ONLY place we stayed where we were able to sample local dishes at most meals and OMG were they delicious! I want to find a Botswana cookbook! (We had gotten some African cookbooks before our trip, but they were mostly Nigerian/West African, and the food in Southern/Eastern Africa is different.) Of course I ate entirely too much, but it was SOOOO good. I did mostly skip tea (a rather substantial meal) because I just couldn't face that much food--we stopped for coffee hour in the morning and for happy hour at sunset when we were out in the brush, too.

Side note--I thought I would be afraid in the helicopter because it has no doors, but it was loads of fun and we got to see the animals from a completely different perspective. Don't worry or be afraid, just do it! The pilot, Bri, is delightful and a good guide.

The only only downside at Linyanti Bush Camp is a natural possible outcome of the warm family style of this intimate situation. There are only 4? 5? tents in the entire group and everyone eats dinner (and usually lunch) together. For our first days there, the other folk were delightful. After they left, the next group were--less so. Fortunately, they took no interest in us, so we got to have a great time with Evelyn and Des. So we got the better end of the deal in any case.

If you are wondering about whether to go here, do NOT wonder, just book it. You will be very happy. Oh, and make sure you are there on a Wednesday or Sunday night when they have the Boma fire and music. Super special and you don't want to miss it!

Date of stay: July 2019
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Linyanti Bushcamp, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

This is too beautiful to read, thank you for the kind acknowledgement of our wonderful team. They are truly the heart of what we do and I am so thrilled that you felt their warmth and all the hard work that they put in.

I have shared this lovely feedback with our entire organisation, they will love reading it. We do encourage social interaction and it is a pity your second lot of companions weren't so forthcoming.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Until then stay well.

Reviewed 14 August 2019

We flew into Savuti airstrip, as their Saile strip was flooded at the time. Chris, our bushguide already awaited us, and drove us up to Linyanti camp.
The camp setup is great and the accommodation tents superb. It is an unfenced camp, so you are part and parcel of nature and its beauty.
The service was excellent, very hospitable and ensured a very relaxed atmosphere throughout your stay.
Certainly a highly recommendable place to visit in this part of Botswana

Date of stay: April 2019

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave a review. I have shared your feedback with the entire team. They will be delighted to read it.

We do look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Until then stay well.

Reviewed 21 July 2019

Amazing people who are so authentic and full of heart! My husband and I traveled to several properties and this was one of our favorites ! The food and accommodations exceeded our expectations! We can’t wait to go back❤️

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Linyanti Bushcamp, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2019

Hi Kay, FAVOURITES! Wonderful to hear. Our teams really are packed with heart and i am thrilled you felt that. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really do appreciate it.

Reviewed 10 July 2019

Linyanti Bushcamp was outstanding! Evelyn the Camp hostess was so gracious and a delight to speak with. The entire staff made our trip very memorable (especially Chris and the trumpeting elephants!). Every Sundowner was met with a surprise, including the Mopane worms! African Bush Camps are extremely well run and the entire staff well trained and an absolute pleasure!

Date of stay: June 2019
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Linyanti Bushcamp, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Thank you for this lovely review and taking the time to acknowledge our wonderful staff and all the brilliant work they do!

I'm intrigued as to whether you enjoyed the Mopane worms? Certainly living on the wild side. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future until then stay well.

Reviewed 21 June 2019

We had experiences with people from both Linyanti bushcamp and with Linyanti Ebony, as had an experience in Linyanti bushcamp, in which the other guests were violently expressing racial stereotypes and tropes and I voiced opposition to this kind of talk. The problem was, James (007), a guide who has a lot of attention on the Internet started this banter. He was using our dinner to complain about an entire ethic group and I found this offensive.

This felt to us to be a traumatic experience and we planned to leave the next day. We would have left if it were not for Maps, one of the camp managers. She was kind and understanding. In fact, we had a number of staff people approach us and tell us they appreciated that we spoke out against the racism that we had experienced at dinner the night before. We also really found Cassie to be really great. And we got to go out on a drive with Joe, who is fantastic and probably the best guide.

Be careful of this place, as James (007) manages the Trip Advisor comments. He is, in my experience, a very aggressive person who hold grudges. He wants to be the best guide and pulls for that, but will do whatever it takes for good reviews. We felt endangered at this camp, as we are Jewish, and the others on Safari with us seemed frighteningly racist and xenophobic. The women running this place are fantastic, but I would not return here, as I would not feel safe.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank tamara321
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Linyanti Bushcamp, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2019

Dear Ms.

Thank you for acknowledging the care and compassion of our woman in camp. The issue you have raised has already been addressed by management and I feel it necessary to state unequivocally that we at African Bush pride ourselves in our multi-ethnicity and diversity and do not condone ethnic discrimination of any kind.

On behalf of African Bush Camps, we offer our sincere apology that you did not feel comfortable and safe while under our care. We hope that you can find it in your heart to accept our apology, if you would like to discuss this further I encourage you to please reach out to me karl@africanbushcamps.com