“Lots of food options”

and up
Oistin's Fish Fry and The Barbados Rumshop Tour
Ranked #6 of 13 things to do in Oistins
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Like everyone else we ventured to Oistin's. We took a local taxi which is $1 USpp. We arrived during the early evening so the most activity we saw was eating and people walking around. There are many many food vendors to choose from.
Overall this wasn't for me. This is alot like a community fair with vendors that sell food, crafts and jewlery.

The sales staff for each resturant will offer to seat you right away, if you're not ready, politely decline and they will leave you alone.

1  Thank theexpert
Write a ReviewReviews (2 828)
All reviews
"fun evening"
in 27 reviews

31 - 35 of 2 828 reviews

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I had heard a lot about the Oistin’s fish fry and it didn’t disappoint. The flying fish was the best I had in Barbados, and combined with a couple of Banks beer and macaroni pie it was sublime. Lots of tourists but lots of Bajans as well. Great music and lots of kids and adults having fun. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I was on the Island off season. So there were less tourist. All of them were at Oistin's when I went. So were the locals. (LOL) I can't imagine this place when the Island is full of tourists. Shoulder to shoulder people. We went to the most highly recommended restaurant. In line for 1.5+ hours - so not much time left to eat and walk around, browse the vendors (taxi had a pick up time). I had fried red snapper with fries and salad. It was "market value" where I went but I saw it for half of what I was charged at other places with short lines. Everything is cooked while you stand there. Decide what's worth it for you (price/time in line). I won't name drop. You'll know the "famed spot" when you see it. All in all you can not be in Barbados on a Friday night without going to Oistin's it is an experience. Different genres of music blasting everywhere, a dance stage, people watching, food. Just go!

1  Thank FellowTraveler769016
Reviewed 3 October 2018

on a friday if your are near oisting, you should go and eat at the friday fish fry, try to go arly because it can get busy. The food is pretty good, but get ready to wait, wait and wait. tips of the evenings order several beers in advance so you can have driks while you wait for food.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We were told by various people that this is a must do when visiting Barbados and, when first driving by, we weren't convinced. However, we gave it a go and so pleased that we did. Felt like a real taste of Barbados.

We went on a Friday thinking this was the only day it was on. However, we learned that this is just when the tourists tend to go. The stalls are apparently open other days too and you will get a seat more easily. That being said, we throughly enjoyed the hectic atmosphere with everyone crammed onto benches.

We ate at George's as we were told it was the best. We have nothing to compare it to but can safely say we really enjoyed the food. My husband ordered chicken (being a non fish eater) and he enjoyed it so much he ordered more to take away.

Definitely give this a go. You won't regret it.

1  Thank Bob-Caz-Eva