Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$200
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews washing machine plunge pool poolside restaurant bedroom bungalow lower pool apple crumble home away from home family vacation quiet pool pools are lovely cleaned daily spacious rooms spent nights pool attendant slice of paradise palm trees air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2019

Choosing a great hotel to reside at when on holiday that fits all your needs and expectations can be a daunting task for anyone. For us, choosing Lantana Galu was a huge mistake and lesson well learnt.

Good:
1. The spacious rooms
2. Very courteous and welcoming restaurant staff.
3. Transportation to the hotel was well handled by the hotel.
4. We appreciate that we were upgraded to a three bedroomed suite from a two-bedroomed without requesting.

Bad:
1. Response time to enquiries before guests arrive needs to improve. We had to keep sending polite reminders.
2. The actual hotel is not as depicted on your website or online platform. One feels really short-changed as what you expect is not what you get. You need to be honest with your customers about what the hotel really looks like and the services offered as well as hidden costs.
4. Your rooms may be spacious but aren't clean. Are old and dusty and appliances quite outdated.
5. Food is okay. But the staff are very polite and try to make service as easy and smooth as possible.
3. Why do we need to pay the full amount of accommodation by the time we arrive?
4. The General Manager needs to be polite and take feedback in stride, whether positive or negative. Being rude and dismissive when feedback is offered does not endear people to you.

I don't think this is a place I would like to come back to.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
DianaKOS, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

Dear Gilothetraveller,

Thank you so much for the compliments on our spacious rooms, restaurant staff, transfers and the upgrade offered. We sincerely regret that our property did not meet with your expectations. Your inquiry was received and replied within two hours. Your follow up email was responded to within 24 hours. We therefore feel we responded in good time. Requesting for advance payment is a standard procedure for most hotels. It is unfortunate that you didn't mention the other issues while you were here, we would have been more than happy to address them. We were under the impression that you decided to check out prematurely due to a family situation and in such cases, cancellation policies apply. The depiction of Lantana on the website is as accurate as one can be with photos and most guests comment that the pictures do not do us justice. We were made aware of your preference for buffets while we offer an a la carte menu which has been well appreciated by most guests. Our sincere apologies for feeling you didn't quite get the answers you wanted from the Manager. All feedback whether positive or negative is highly appreciated and acted on. It may be that our kind of offering does not suit your requirements, however, we shall look into all the areas you have mentioned and do our best to improve. We sincerely value your feedback and hope that you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2019

My wife and I stayed here as part of a wedding party so we did not choose this accommodation. However, I really loved the location and especially the beach. The grounds are really good. The service is outstanding.

Date of stay: August 2019
DianaKOS, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2019

Dear Avnish S

Thank you so much for your excellent review, we're truly blessed to have this amazing beach. It's good to know you liked the grounds and enjoyed our service. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Our team was genuinely sad to see you leave but honored to have served you.

Reviewed 23 August 2019

I can't adequately explain how much I despised this place. I have no idea how they have the rating they do. It started from the beginning. I landed at the airstrip, and the hotel promised car was not there. I had to call and wait for the driver. I arrived at the hotel and received very minimal information about the resort and where to find everything. The penthouse room was spacious and should have been nice. Instead, there was hair all over the shower, and it wasn't mine. The kitchen had a plethora of bugs, including these little spider looking things. The TV didn't work until someone came to fix it, twice. The bed was comfortable and the air worked well. The Jacuzzi took hours to fill, but it was nice if you were willing to wait. However, we had to clean it ourselves as it was filthy. The first night I went to the ONE restaurant/bar on the resort, they kicked me out. Rather than staying open until at least 10, they told me they were closing at 8. I protested by stating that I was not ready to leave, but it didn't matter. I returned to my room to instead enjoy a glass of wine. Nope, no bottle opener. Rather than believing I didn't have one, the man on the phone instead just kept telling me that it was in my room. No wine for me. The pool is small and too covered by trees to get any sun. So, I asked to have a chair moved to the beach. Imagine, chairs on a beautiful private stretch of beach. NOPE. You cannot take a chair onto the beach because the sand and wind are bad for them. Instead, you can get a very comfortable piece of wood to lean your back against while you sit on the sand. This place is a joke. The food was not great. the eggs benedict is a cold hardboiled egg cut in half with a semblance of hollandaise sauce. The pizza is terrible. The seafood was edible. There is one waitress whose name escapes me. She was the only employee earning her pay. The massage was decent, not great. The onsite "store" doesn't offer much. The items it did offer were marked with a price. Yet when I went to pay, the man tried to charge me more. When I pointed out the price he said it was wrong. OK, please let me pay the price you want to make up on the spot. You get two bottles of water regardless of the length of your stay. There is no coffee or tea provided. Please, stay somewhere else. This place is a pathetic excuse for a resort. It was so disappointing on so many levels.

1  Thank GTINTC11
DianaKOS, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2019

Dear GTINTC11,

Thank you so much for your very post and we sincerely apologize that on this particular visit, we didn't meet with your expectation. It appears that things went wrong from your arrival due to a flight delay that saw the taxi leave the airstrip only to be called by the reception to return a few minutes later when your plane landed. It's enough to upset anyone from the moment they arrive and this could lead to a bad start to your holiday. We strive to give our guests all the information on our facilities even when they're not first time visitors. In tropical climate, the month of September can be dry causing sugar ants to find their way into the kitchens but we do our best to spray and repeat clean the kitchen counters during turn down services should the guests leave anything that might attract them in the open. The kitchens are fully equipped but an additional wine opener is provided should the guest not locate the one provided. We also advice guests to request housekeeping to fill up the Jacuzzi for them whenever they need it so that our guests are not having to do this for themselves. We have two very large swimming pools with sufficient sunbathing spots for those who do not wish to be under the shade, our lush green gardens are the reason a lot of our guests love Lantana. We also have 5 private plunge pools depending on the accommodations selected.
Dear GTINTC11, it obvious that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and we sincerely regret that. We would however like to assure you that the receptionist wasn't trying to overcharge you for the bottle of water but tried to give you the correct price. It was totally our mistake for having the bottles placed on the wrong shelf and that is why the manager who happened to hear your exchange allowed him to charge you the lower price which was displayed on the shelf. Despite the very best of our intentions, you were disappointing and once again we would like to assure you that what you described in your review isn't our standard. You wondered how we get our high rating, it comes purely from the number of good posts that are made by satisfied guests who have stayed with us. I hope that helps restore your confidence in us and that you will give another chance at some point in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2019

Recently returned from a fantastic week at Lantana.Great option for those who prefer a selfcatering option at the coast but with the benefit of hotel type services onsite. We were a group of 18 staying in a range of different accommodation types from the one bed penthouse to the 3 bed villa.All units are cleaned daily,beds made and washing up done and all come equipped with a washing machine.
While there we celebrated a 50th birthday party which was a huge success thanks to the efforts made by Diana the manager and all the staff at Lantana.They spent the whole day preparing for the party by decorating the restaurant.The band was great playing a huge variety of music.
Food in the restaurant was good and Patience the manager is wonderful but the service was a bit "hit and miss" depending on who was on duty.
Poolside service was very good and the pool attendants extremely helpful.
Property has two pools and is situated right on the lovely Galu beach.
We used tuks tuks to get to the local supermarket at Baharini plaza and also to local bars and restaurants.
There is a spa and gym available also but didnt use those so cannot comment on them.
All in all a great location and we would definitely go back again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
DianaKOS, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2019

Dear umc2000,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We're glad that enjoyed our services in the units, at the pool and in general. It was a pleasure and an honor to host your 50th birthday party, the staff and management are all thrilled by your very kind words. Your comments on the restaurant were received positively and some changes have taken place. Once again, thank you so much and we hope to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 29 July 2019 via mobile

Lantana Galu is an awesome place to stay. The service is excellent and the food is super.

The staff are attentive tobyour needs and take back feedback very well to improve on their service.

The facilities rooms, gym, restaurant and pool are immaculately kept. I will definitely go back again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Beverlyne M
DianaKOS, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2019

Dear BevMudeshi,

Thanks you so much for your excellent review. We're glad you enjoyed the service, food, rooms, gym, restaurant and pool. The team will be so thrilled and motivated to know how you appreciated them. We look forward to welcoming you back.