Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
ZenHotels.com
US$211
US$201
View deal
eDreams
Expedia.comUS$211
All reviews washing machine plunge pool poolside restaurant bedroom bungalow lower pool apple crumble home away from home family vacation quiet pool pools are lovely cleaned daily spacious rooms spent nights pool attendant slice of paradise palm trees air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We have now been visiting Lantana 4 times and every time has been a great pleasure. The accommodation is very good and the garden is lovely with the palm trees, flowering creepers and beautiful swimming pool near the beach which is one of the best we have ever seen. We enjoyed our meals at the restaurant with excellent service. We would love to come back again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank E8053SKjob
Diana S, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Anni and Jens,

It was wonderful having you around as always. Your compliments have been passed onto our team and they are so grateful for your appreciation. Everyone including the chef, restaurant team, gardeners and pool attendant send you their warmest regards and we hope to see you return soon.

Regards,

Diana.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We only stayed here 2 nights but loved it. Actually, we initially booked it for 1 night, but stayed an extra one. The weather was pretty rainy, but the place was so nice it didn’t matter.

We stayed in one of the penthouses and it was amazing. Easily the most up to date place I’ve stayed in Kenya. My parents stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and that was as nice, just not as good of a view.

The food was also really good, and a nice variety. Staff was very friendly, but that’s been my experience across the board in Kenya. At least the coast.

Didn’t get to spend much time on the beach because of the weather, but access is good and it’s a beautiful white sand beach.

The drive from Mombasa is a little long, but it’s worth it.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank pdx_andyg
Diana S, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Andy,

Thank you so much for the beautiful sentiments expressed about us. We are glad that you and the family enjoyed our warm hospitality. Without a doubt, our staff are a great asset to Lantana and always so motivated when shown appreciation so we can't thank you enough. Chef and indeed we all are pleased that you enjoyed the food along with the service. We hope that you will be back again and sincerely look forward to hosting you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I have stayed at Lantana Galu 3 times now and I keep going back. It is the convenience of having a fully fitted kitchen, a generous sized living space, combined with stunning views which keep bringing me back. The beach restaurant is good, the pool is super family friendly. The beach is also always quiet.

Dear Nazanine,

It's always a pleasure having you around and this time was no exception. You make it easy for our team to serve you well because of your kindness and we thank you for taking time to write this review. We hope to welcome you back soon and remain always available for any special requests that you may have.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at Lantana, it really is a great spot and if the opportunity arises again I would return. The villas are large and comfortable. I read a review citing poor cleanliness but did not experience this. Staying in one of the villas gives you all the advantages of a hotel and a great place to retreat in the evening, rather than returning to a 40 sq meter hotel room. Perfect if travelling with a group or with children. The beach is fantastic with powder soft sand and fewer hawkers loitering than at the hotel further down.

Im not entirely sure I would want to stay in the main hotel however. The feel at reception is that this is more a serviced apartment than a hotel and lacks 'life/vibrancy'. Also the hotel rooms are some distance from the main pool and cafe. It comes across as a bit detached. This might be different in busier months however.

The food in the restaurant was actually decent. Particularly surprised at the pizza which was far better than expected. I love surprises like that.

However, regarding service, dont expect anything amazing, it will only ruin your mood. Like almost everywhere in Kenya it was completely hit and miss. Some staff were great and the others just in the wrong job. In the cafe it seemed that if Patience was not around, service levels fell like a stone. Im always astounded when I see non attentive waiters everywhere I go, the lost revenue because of missed drinks orders (opportunity cost) would wind me up if I was the owner.

Room tip: Bring one decent kitchen knife if you are planning on any cooking.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you so much for the great review and the kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass your compliments to the Chef and to Patience. We certainly will be looking into the areas where your expectations were not met as we pride ourselves in our staff who are very often complimented by our guests.

It would be wonderful to host you again and we do hope that you get the opportunity to return.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I arrived on May 3rd-7th for my nephew's wedding and were received cordially by management well versed with Hotel guests reception, thanks to Edward and Diana. We felt at home with a tropical rain forest ambient environment. The staff was very welcoming,helpful and very accommodating. The food was in varieties and mostly delicious. The pool was kept clean all the time and private beach serene. The rooms were clean and spacious.For all the above mentioned, we decided to stay for one more night and were readily and extremely fairly accommodated. The wedding was beautifully decorated and well conducted. Nothing much needed to be done as the place is a natural beauty. We'll definitely visit again soon. Shout out to Rashid and the rest of the restaurant staff.

Emmanuel & Nilsa.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nilsa s
LantanaGaluBeach, General Manager at Lantana Galu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Emmanuel & Nilsa
It was wonderful hosting you and we're glad you had a great time. Regards from Rashid and the team, all looking forward to your return.

Diana.